X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kiteless
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jun 2004

"Bloody shocking mixing"

I just had a listen to copy of the recent release from Luke Slater titled Fear & Loathing 2. The mixing on this is bollox. If anyone has a copy of it jump to the transition between tracks 6 & 7. He starts to lose it big time and is even forced to touch the record and it is so obvious.

I would have thought that if a mix was this bad then he should have re recorded it. Maybe the poor man was in a rush. Anyway it is shit.

Anyone else wanna share some shit ones with me?
  • asdf_admin
    i use to be important
    • Jun 2004

lol. was it a run away train or a close train wreck?
    dead, yet alive.

Comment

• Kiteless
      Fresh Peossy
      • Jun 2004

Re: "Bloody shocking mixing"

...with a stampede of out of time elephants walking by.

Comment

• asdf_admin
        i use to be important
        • Jun 2004

eww.

yeah. no thanks.
        dead, yet alive.

Comment

• Jibgolly
          Vortexuralizor
          • Jun 2004

one of the hardkiss guys did a mix for johns kiss 100 show a year or two ago.
          it was really shitty. dont see how it fell through the cracks and made it on the air.
          every mix was shite.
          just my 2/5 of a nickle though.

Comment

• drthundr
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

like shoes in a dryer, eh?

Comment

• Eric Olson
              Fresh Peossy
              • Mar 2005

My vote goes to Doc Martin's Fabric...

Worst mixing that I've heard on a comp.

Comment

• skahound
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • Jun 2004

You think Luke's mixing is bad, you should hear Christian's!
                A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• evangelion
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

I thought Disc 2 Nick Warren's Amsterdam was pretty bad. Every mix just cuts in...no real "mix" at all.

Comment

• TomTom
                    Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                    • May 2002

Warren is famous for crossfsading and breakdown mixing. I like all his GU's though as his trackchoice and programming is very good.

Comment

• Digger
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Nov 2004

im not on the same opinion than ou tomtom, for some reson i just dont like the gu?s of nick warren :cry: .....i prefer sasha[SF] who dont .......and there one kiss100 of digweed i think was transmited also on radiobu99....on the track fierceness, that i was like? whaaat?...this cant be digweed...maybe some guy aproach to him or something hehehehe, i cant belive
                      https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"> https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013
                      All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

Comment

• Kinetic
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

Re: "Bloody shocking mixing"

Originally posted by Kiteless
                        I just had a listen to copy of the recent release from Luke Slater titled Fear & Loathing 2. The mixing on this is bollox. If anyone has a copy of it jump to the transition between tracks 6 & 7. He starts to lose it big time and is even forced to touch the record and it is so obvious.

I would have thought that if a mix was this bad then he should have re recorded it. Maybe the poor man was in a rush. Anyway it is shit.

Anyone else wanna share some shit ones with me?
                        I read an interview where he said he knew the mixing on that record wasn?t perfect, but he preferred to leave it like that, because he?s sick of most mix CD?s out there "not being live", and that makes them fake...
                        "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
                        http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• Yao
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

There's a point in that...every DJ makes a mistake once in a while, but on the other hand: hear that same mistake every single damn time you put on the cd isn't really sexy either.
                          Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Kobe
                            I wish I had an interesting User title
                            • Jun 2004

I just d/l'd Moshic at Xpander and was surprised to hear several mixes that were a little off. Not train wrecks, and it was a live set, but still far more than I'm used to hearing.

That said, I'm not the greatest beat matcher to ever walk the earth either.
                            Beats are my crack.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                              DJ Jelly
                              • Jun 2004

if you listen close ,A LOT of comp cd's, especially ones that came out before cdj's, you can hear the mix floating a bit. unless they did it on a computer.
                              everyone out there has flubbed a mix on a recorded set.

Comment

Working...