Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trick12
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jul 2007

Re: Need some new mixes for working out!

i prefer listening to music after my workout, i dont pump iron that much anymore tho, mainly swimming laps or on a punching bag.,,but if its to not hear the shitty stuff they play in gym, then yah forsure....

when i tried listening to digweed once while workinout i couldnt help but move to it, and since i was trying not to be obvious it seemed like i was twitching
    Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Actually I know that feeling, !! When I am walking along the street listening to music and trying not to move to it. I'm sure I look like a robot!!
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• bobjuice
        Banned
        • May 2008

I used to walk 5 miles to work each day with headphones on, usually something fairly chilled. I put some Dave Clarke on one day and arrived 15 minutes early

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by trick12
          when i tried listening to digweed once while workinout i couldnt help but move to it, and since i was trying not to be obvious it seemed like i was twitching
          LMFAO!

Originally posted by bobjuice
          I used to walk 5 miles to work each day with headphones on, usually something fairly chilled. I put some
          Originally posted by bobjuice
          Dave Clarke on one day and arrived 15 minutes early

ahaha

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Weizy
            MCast Resident DJ
            • Jun 2004

As dumb as it may sound I've had some great cardios and lifts while getting after Oakey's 1999 EM World Tour...you even get Tongy pushing you along LOL

I usually load up on Transitions shows, but to be honest they don't add much to the workout itself. Just trying to keep up with new sounds, which ain't easy these days.

Non-EDM stuff...Metallica's first few albums always do the trick. Also AC/DC, Rage Against The Machine, Tool, etc. You can also never go wrong with Pantera or Slayer if you don't mind a little headbang to your workout.

Comment

• 88Mariner
              My dick is smaller
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Illuminate
              Why do we need music whilst working out? I can never figure that out?
              i honestly can't work out unless i have music on. i tried it a few times without music, but it was pointless. couldn't get a good pump. couldn't hit that extra rep or two.
              you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• 88Mariner
                My dick is smaller
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Weizy
                As dumb as it may sound I've had some great cardios and lifts while getting after Oakey's 1999 EM World Tour...you even get Tongy pushing you along LOL

I usually load up on Transitions shows, but to be honest they don't add much to the workout itself. Just trying to keep up with new sounds, which ain't easy these days.

Non-EDM stuff...Metallica's first few albums always do the trick. Also AC/DC, Rage Against The Machine, Tool, etc. You can also never go wrong with Pantera or Slayer if you don't mind a little headbang to your workout.
                THIS. also linkin park.

i'm seriously laughing out loud at the whole 'tongy pushing you' because...i'm not sure why this is...but there's truth to that statement.

"it's the last major festival dance-wise of '99 ....CREAMFIELDS! Paul Oakenfold on the turntables on the turntables for the essential mix exclusively for Radio 1...." cue Flaming June. I just crank up the speed or the tension on the machines....

definitely NOT dumb bro. i'm with you 100% on that.

some of the older more obscure transitions are good ones, but the newer ones just don't do it for me.

a few other recommendations: subfocus, dannybyrd, london elekrticity, and high contrast e-mixes.

a few other emixes that i use:
                1. digweed @ global gathering (that Phunky track is nutz! so is that Mashtronic - Beloved track which almost always helps me hit PR's)
                2. Underworld e-mix from amnesia last year.
                3. Pete Tong/Paul van Dyk e-mix from (er, forgetting. starts with Love Tatoo, has some fun housey shit on there)
                4. Pete Tong/Dave Seaman (starting with the creamer & k remix of Hide U.

btw, if nobody has posted this yet, i might as well do so
                Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

^ i'm pretty sure that guy has uploaded every essential mix ever on to his soundcloud page. i'm not sure who he is, but muchos muchos thanks to him for doing that (he might be a member here but i'm not sure?) also got some great live sets and, for whenever i need a dose of Northern Exposures East or West or Expeditions...tha'ts on there too. good shit.

one more good one:
                Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

put that on the mp3 player and burn 3500 calories on the treadmill. hah
                you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• tedik
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Apr 2014

I can recommend background music for workout - http://www.melodyloops.com/music-for/workout/. I do myself workout for the background music. This has been going on for six months. I'm quite happy.

Comment

Working...