X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

First Official Release from Occupy Wall Street

This was unanimously voted on by all members of Occupy Wall Street last night, around 8pm, Sept 29. It is our first official document for release. We have three more underway, that will likely be released in the upcoming days: 1) A declaration of demands. 2) Principles of Solidarity 3) Documentation on how to form your own Direct Democracy Occupation Group.

This is a living document. you can receive an official press copy of the latest version by emailing c2anycga@gmail.com.

Declaration of the Occupation of New York City

As we gather together in solidarity to express a feeling of mass injustice, we must not lose sight of what brought us together. We write so that all people who feel wronged by the corporate forces of the world can know that we are your allies.

As one people, united, we acknowledge the reality: that the future of the human race requires the cooperation of its members; that our system must protect our rights, and upon corruption of that system, it is up to the individuals to protect their own rights, and those of their neighbors; that a democratic government derives its just power from the people, but corporations do not seek consent to extract wealth from the people and the Earth; and that no true democracy is attainable when the process is determined by economic power. We come to you at a time when corporations, which place profit over people, self-interest over justice, and oppression over equality, run our governments. We have peaceably assembled here, as is our right, to let these facts be known.

They have taken our houses through an illegal foreclosure process, despite not having the original mortgage.

They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with impunity, and continue to give Executives exorbitant bonuses.

They have perpetuated inequality and discrimination in the workplace based on age, the color of one's skin, sex, gender identity and sexual orientation.

They have poisoned the food supply through negligence, and undermined the farming system through monopolization.

They have profited off of the torture, confinement, and cruel treatment of countless nonhuman animals, and actively hide these practices.

They have continuously sought to strip employees of the right to negotiate for better pay and safer working conditions.

They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right.

They have consistently outsourced labor and used that outsourcing as leverage to cut workers’ healthcare and pay.

They have influenced the courts to achieve the same rights as people, with none of the culpability or responsibility.

They have spent millions of dollars on legal teams that look for ways to get them out of contracts in regards to health insurance.

They have sold our privacy as a commodity.

They have used the military and police force to prevent freedom of the press.

They have deliberately declined to recall faulty products endangering lives in pursuit of profit.

They determine economic policy, despite the catastrophic failures their policies have produced and continue to produce.

They have donated large sums of money to politicians supposed to be regulating them.

They continue to block alternate forms of energy to keep us dependent on oil.

They continue to block generic forms of medicine that could save people’s lives in order to protect investments that have already turned a substantive profit.

They have purposely covered up oil spills, accidents, faulty bookkeeping, and inactive ingredients in pursuit of profit.

They purposefully keep people misinformed and fearful through their control of the media.

They have accepted private contracts to murder prisoners even when presented with serious doubts about their guilt.

They have perpetuated colonialism at home and abroad.

They have participated in the torture and murder of innocent civilians overseas.

They continue to create weapons of mass destruction in order to receive government contracts.

*To the people of the world,We, the New York City General Assembly occupying Wall Street in Liberty Square, urge you to assert your power. Exercise your right to peaceably assemble; occupy public space; create a process to address the problems we face, and generate solutions accessible to everyone.

To all communities that take action and form groups in the spirit of direct democracy, we offer support, documentation, and all of the resources at our disposal.
    Join us and make your voices heard!

*These grievances are not all-inclusive.
    --------edit-------
    Also here is the Working list of goals: https://occupywallst.org/forum/proposed-list-of-demands-please-help-editadd-so-th/

http://occupywallst.org/forum/first-official-release-from-occupy-wall-street/

It was fun while it lasted...
  • NID
    Addiction started
    • Sep 2008

Re: First Official Release from Occupy Wall Street

I like what they are doing mate but in all honesty they need to narrow down the focus from all the evils in the world to more of a focus on the practices of wall street. Gender equality, Wars,PETA, Mumia abu jamal, climate change etc all bundled into one sends a very confusing message.

Comment

• Weizy
      MCast Resident DJ
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by NID
      I like what they are doing mate but in all honesty they need to narrow down the focus from all the evils in the world to more of a focus on the practices of wall street. Gender equality, Wars,PETA, Mumia abu jamal, climate change etc all bundled into one sends a very confusing message.
      Couldn't agree with you more, Nomad. The statement lacks focus imo

Comment

• floridaorange
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by NID
        Hey pal how are you?!

I like the organic nature of this protest or occupation or whatever, I'm reserving all judgement personally, as it's very unlike other protests we've seen in the past. They have a gathering of thousands of people who all want their voice heard by Obama on down. Instead of going the laser-like focus approach they are casting their net wide to begin with so that many voices can be heard. This is just the starting point, they aren't going anywhere, so it should be interesting to see what transpires, I do hope they can affect how banks are regulated.

Comment

• Weizy
          MCast Resident DJ
          • Jun 2004

Given your take floridaorange it makes much more sense to me. For now a wide net works and overtime I am sure they'll focus in on things more. Either way I applaud the movement and look forward to seeing what it's impact, if any, will be.

Comment

• 88Mariner
            My dick is smaller
            • Nov 2006

there's an awful lot of white people in this occupysesamestreet group. might be racism? i mean, they didn't get together under george bush, so i'm having trouble not making this connection...
            you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• 88Mariner
              My dick is smaller
              • Nov 2006

lol @ 'organic'

fact. soros put the funding together for this movement months ago. ruckus foundation much?

so this is how it will go down.

obama has maxed out the race card
              obama has maxed out the blame-bush card

time to apply for a new card.

step 1. soros throws money at a few marxist organizations to 'create' an 'organic campaign' against 'banksters'
              step 2. obama can throw all his weight into a new narrative: repuplicans are in bed with wall street
              step 3. soros benefits from furthering his world view, and quite possibly, taking advantage of new banking laws that i'm sure will be passed very soon, compliments of Dick "Dick" Durbin.
              step 4. hope everyone ignores step 5

step 5:

step 6: hope everyone ignores that wall street is the minor league team for Obama's economic, regulatory, and banking policies (but they were Ivy League! they so smarrrrttt herp derp!)
              you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

----PEACE-----

Comment

• 88Mariner
                My dick is smaller
                • Nov 2006

"those asshole banks destroyed my privacy rights and sold them!!! just wait till i post this status update on facebook and tell all my comrades!"

----PEACE-----

Comment

• floridaorange
                  • Dec 2005

well somebody is fired up.

Comment

• NID
                    Addiction started
                    • Sep 2008

Really dude is Soros the best you could come up with. hes paying people money to go do this, but when its was the tea party it was all grassroots? blah blah Obama, blah blah Marxism blah nice one.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                      My dick is smaller
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by NID
                      Really dude is Soros the best you could come up with. hes paying people money to go do this, but when its was the tea party it was all grassroots? blah blah Obama, blah blah Marxism blah nice one.

so basically what you're saying is

"i'm a big pussy that can't handle facts"

here's my best impersonation of ignorant in the dark

"blah blah Bush! blah blah i don't care about centralized government blah blah i don't care about obama fellating wall street dick blah blah hope & change ...IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMNIT!!"

----PEACE-----

Comment

• 88Mariner
                        My dick is smaller
                        • Nov 2006

Barack Obama: "Hey, I have a great idea, I'll have GE Exec Immelt run my Jobs Council! I hope nobody notices"

AngryMarxistProtesters: "Four More Years! Four More Years!"

----PEACE-----

Comment

• 88Mariner
                          My dick is smaller
                          • Nov 2006

They have taken our houses through an illegal foreclosure process, despite not having the original mortgage.
                          Civil foreclosure process bad. Eminent Domain good!

They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with impunity, and continue to give Executives exorbitant bonuses.
                          And who gave them bailouts? The government threw the money at them. But ignore the government.

They have perpetuated inequality and discrimination in the workplace based on age, the color of one's skin, sex, gender identity and sexual orientation.
                          yeah right. if your white or male, you're not as valuable. that's....that's what they're saying right? mancession much?

They have poisoned the food supply through negligence, and undermined the farming system through monopolization.
                          down with organic farming corporations. srsly.

They have profited off of the torture, confinement, and cruel treatment of countless nonhuman animals, and actively hide these practices.

They have continuously sought to strip employees of the right to negotiate for better pay and safer working conditions.
                          you want safer working conditions? here, you're being replaced by robots.

They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right.
                          they forced me to sign on that loan. and i can basically call anything a human right whenver i want. Ipods, for example, are a human right.

They have consistently outsourced labor and used that outsourcing as leverage to cut workers’ healthcare and pay.
                          what's wrong with cheap third world labor? why do you hate foreigners? that's why the rest of the world hates us.

They have influenced the courts to achieve the same rights as people, with none of the culpability or responsibility.
                          influenced the courts? babe, this was decided a looong ass time ago. No culpability or responsibility? Just look at all the suits filed against corporations, both frivolous and legitimate suits. brb, thinking no corporation has ever paid restitution or compensation ever. EVER.

They have spent millions of dollars on legal teams that look for ways to get them out of contracts in regards to health insurance.
                          and you can spend money trying to enforce the contracts, too. nothing wrong with that? why do you care anyways? you want government issued medical help.

They have sold our privacy as a commodity.
                          Again, posting this on facebook, myspace, apple, etc...

They have used the military and police force to prevent freedom of the press.
                          they also use police to prevent idiots stopping heavy traffic on the brooklyn bridge.

They have deliberately declined to recall faulty products endangering lives in pursuit of profit.
                          you mean like too-hot-to-drink mcdonalds coffee? the fuk? someone has never heard of strict product liability suits....

They determine economic policy, despite the catastrophic failures their policies have produced and continue to produce.
                          four more years! four more years!

They have donated large sums of money to politicians supposed to be regulating them.
                          we want more freedoms for the press...but less freedom of speech!!!

They continue to block alternate forms of energy to keep us dependent on oil.
                          maybe it's not profitable? go talk to your favorite energy huckster, t-boone-pickens.

They continue to block generic forms of medicine that could save people’s lives in order to protect investments that have already turned a substantive profit.
                          i don't know anything about money invested into R&D. fuck them for trying to recoup expenses. we don't need no pharmaceutical corporations! hemp cures all ills. (and windex, too).

They have purposely covered up oil spills, accidents, faulty bookkeeping, and inactive ingredients in pursuit of profit.
                          i'm pretty sure all the oil spills that happen...are reported on. accidents? hard to cover those up, too. faulty bookkeeping? talk to the IRS or the accountants (or are the accounting firms in on this too?). also, i've never ever heard, in the history of my internet use, ever seen anyone bitch about inactive ingredients. ever. so this is news to me.

They purposefully keep people misinformed and fearful through their control of the media.
                          so we can close down the NYT corporation?

They have accepted private contracts to murder prisoners even when presented with serious doubts about their guilt.
                          Hey, if Obama had murdered troy davis with a hellfire missile, i'm sure nobody would give a shiat.

They have perpetuated colonialism at home and abroad.
                          pure marxist bullshit (but blah blah they're not marxists blah blah!). third world countries have a right to poverty too. (poverty being a human right).

They have participated in the torture and murder of innocent civilians overseas.
                          so have goverments to an amazingly huge degree. brb, NOBODY CARES ABOUT GITMO ANYMORE! lololololooolol

They continue to create weapons of mass destruction in order to receive government contracts.
                          isn't it the reverse? don't you get a contract...to create something to satisfy the terms? no? huh? is anyone still reading this?

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Illuminate
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Aug 2009

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                            Sbando
                            - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                            Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                            Bob
                            "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                            the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                            KiwiTollway

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

I would have just said he had too much time on his hands.

btw. Would have to question how effective it is when the first time I heard of it was this thread and the first article I have seen about it in the news here was today.
                              Originally posted by TheVrk
                              it IS incredible isn't it??
                              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...