X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

Final Warning

Guys, I'm getting tired of seeing all the bickering, personal attacks, and overall low immaturity levels around here. I have tried multiple times in the past to keep this place clean by addressing those who were attacking others, and it seems like every attempt I make at correcting it gets more criticism than the topic that's being complained about to begin with.

If you feel so strongly about an opinion that it gives you the urge to attack another member on the forum, either get off of the Internet or talk to a friend about it via PM. Your "defending yourself," for whatever the reason may be, is not doing anything but fueling more anger with the other members that read your post. In my eyes, if you feel so strongly about a subject that you have to call one member a piece of shit because they believe in something that doesn't match your values, then you are no better than the person you are "defending yourself" from.

The reason this place is a headache to visit isn't because of one or two people. It's because everyone is trying to shove their opinions on everyone else. The "everyone is wrong but me and I need them to know" mentality is ruining this place. It's because each of you calls out members in public, instead of reporting them in private. It's because each of you feel entitled to something over other members because each of you has been here for 5+ years.

I'm re-starting the zero tolerance policy toward personal attacks that I tried a few months ago. Anybody who makes any type of hateful comment toward another member, like "you're a piece of shit," or even other direct comments like "you're an idiot" or "that's stupid," will be banned for an amount of time to be determined. I am the judge here, not anybody else. Nobody is given preferential treatment, and I don't care if your friends or I agree with you being banned instead of another person. If you disagree with an action that I make, tell me in PM. If you hijack yet another thread to complain about an action that I made to try to keep this place complaint free, then you are only contributing to the hate.

This place is not a democracy. Decisions will be made, and you will have to either accept that your friend has been temporarily banned for being hateful toward another member, or you will need to leave. Everyone needs to realize that someone is in charge here, and it isn't you.

Remember this: everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I don't care how much you don't like a person or their opinion--if you don't have anything nice to say to them, don't say anything at all. As soon as you attack another, you're gone. If this doesn't work, Kamal and I are just going to shut down down [ms].

Adam
  • diegoff
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Final Warning

^ the same is hapening in the world...
    hope everything solves out.
    It´s a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
    Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
    May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

Must have missed some of the poisonous bickering, but I'm all for a bit of respect - for me [ms] is not about point scoring & oneupmanship, it has always been a place to kick back & relax on with like minded people that support great music.
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

I actually thought GYY had improved on the whole

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

I'd rather this place not get shut down. Step your game up older members, we can all be better examples for the noobs at times, myself included of course.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• i!!ustrious
            I got some N64 Games Yo!!
            • Mar 2008

fucking right doggie... word life

reckon those grounds could surely serve as the quintessence of any integrated construct of right human relations - in cyber or rl communities. forreal.

peace out
            (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• ribbario
              Underwater
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by diegoff
              ^ the same is hapening in the world...
              hope everything solves out.
              my thoughts exactly

Originally posted by floridaorange
              I'd rather this place not get shut down. Step your game up older members, we can all be better examples for the noobs at times, myself included of course.
              agreed !

PEACE !!!!
              Mixes !!!

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

On the board I moderate, we have this system/plug-in that allows mods to infract a user's post. Every infraction accumulates points until thresholds are reached and the user is automatically suspended. Kinda like driving offences.

Would that be a better/easy alternative than a sudden and outright ban/suspension that people didn't see coming?

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                  • Mar 2008

nahhhh. let the banhammers fly dude. i spent some time in the banslammer: a good "jiggidy check yoself before u wreck yoself" at that. it's not like u're going to be isp ip permabanned for calling somebody a ---.
                  (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

Wow there're actually images for 'banhammer'

Comment

• toasty
                      Sir Toastiness
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
                      what pickle said
                      Spot on!

Comment

• 88Mariner
                        My dick is smaller
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by i!!ustrious
                        nahhhh. let the banhammers fly dude. i spent some time in the banslammer: a good "jiggidy check yoself before u wreck yoself" at that. it's not like u're going to be isp ip permabanned for calling somebody a ---.
                        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                          • Mar 2008

(((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• sbando
                            Going back to Romford
                            • Apr 2008

I didn't get it. So loyal contributors and people who've been working hard for ms are in the same ballpark as trolls?

It wasn't a joke, I candidate myself for moderator: trolls goes OUT, more communications, threads that derail gets instantly binned.
                            ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                            ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                            ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                            ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• 88Mariner
                              My dick is smaller
                              • Nov 2006

you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

Working...