X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • themonk
    Getting Somewhere
    • Oct 2004

dave mothersole vs craig richards

this is for all you tech-house fans out there. i haven't been to any good tech-houses parties before, but i've heard incredible mixes from these two online or on cd's.

for all of you who have seen either play live, what do you think of them? and for those who have seen them both, who do you think is the better dj? who can play more intensely?
  • peloquin
    Till I Come!
    • Jun 2004

havent seen either live (yet) but from cds, livesets, etc. richards is one of my favorite djs, i'd have to rate him higher than almost anyone (except maybe villalobos and michael mayer)

Comment

• Civic_Zen
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

I like both these guys, Richards is a fanatic as far as tech goes, he plays more of it thats my style then any one.

Mothersole on the other hand isn't just tech house, I guess Craig isn't either but Dave definetely spins a lot of underground tech, prog, even some prog trance stuff. I try to get his Kiss100 late night sessions as often as I can. I only have maybe 10-15 shows. Wish I could find more.

That being said, they are both fantastic DJs, different styles. But I will have to go with Craig because we share the same name.
      "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
      "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
      - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Paul Louth
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jun 2004

Both are excellent in their own right, but I don't think they're really comparable as they don't play the same styles.
        soundcloud.com/paullouth
        https://www.facebook.com/waterwalklondon
        www.4four.org

Comment

• themonk
          Getting Somewhere
          • Oct 2004

Another London tech-house dj who really interests me is Nathan Coles.

Paul+Civic Zen, how would you compare Nathan's style to Mothersole's? Who do you think would be better suited to play outdoors all-night up in the mountains of Japan in a tribal, underground, drug-soaked context?!

P.S. i'm organizing this event, so the question is not totally hypothetical!

Comment

• musicnazi
            Getting warmed up
            • Jul 2004

: dave mothersole vs craig richards

any mothersole sets avail? never heard him...

Comment

• skahound
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by themonk
              A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• Paul Louth
                Getting Somewhere
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by themonk

Paul+Civic Zen, how would you compare Nathan's style to Mothersole's? Who do you think would be better suited to play outdoors all-night up in the mountains of Japan in a tribal, underground, drug-soaked context?!

P.S. i'm organizing this event, so the question is not totally hypothetical!
                Me But I reckon Dave would be your best bet, drop me a mail paul@paullouth.com and I'll hook you up with his email.
                soundcloud.com/paullouth
                https://www.facebook.com/waterwalklondon
                www.4four.org

Comment

Working...