Sorry, Simon, but is it all about promos and acetates? It's 2011, not 2001. Sasha is playing Thugfucker - Gnome, so? I really don't get it. It's so easy to compile a selection of unreleased tracks when you're one of the BIG boys, what the heck. You drop Henry Saiz' new ep months before it's out and the crown will go "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh". Is it really your own accomplishment? No, not really.
Dave Seaman The Masters Series 2011
Collapse
X
-
Re: Dave Seaman The Masters Series 2011
Sorry, Simon, but is it all about promos and acetates? It's 2011, not 2001. Sasha is playing Thugfucker - Gnome, so? I really don't get it. It's so easy to compile a selection of unreleased tracks when you're one of the BIG boys, what the heck. You drop Henry Saiz' new ep months before it's out and the crown will go "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh". Is it really your own accomplishment? No, not really.╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚ -
Re: Dave Seaman The Masters Series 2011
I think he was being ... sarcastic?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: Dave Seaman The Masters Series 2011
I'm not flaming him anyway, he's a mate. I don't care about unreleased tracks for the fuck of it, if Simon agrees, I'm happy about that.
╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚Comment
-
Re: Dave Seaman The Masters Series 2011
Most of the tracks on the All 3 Northern Exposure's where old at the time of each release. If you listen to a CD 3 years after its release you're not going to be bothered about the age of the tracks, just whether you like the mix or not.Last edited by chunky; October 18, 2011, 01:20:36 PM.Originally posted by res0nat0rOK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
Comment
-
Re: Dave Seaman The Masters Series 2011
I understand your point chunky, but we live in a completely diferent era.
before 2000, all was vinyl, took months to hear something new or different.
because of the time in the production of vinyls,
at that time, we could hear the same track throughout the year.
In this digital age, the problem is not to hearing the same track,
if not, how is compiled and produced and what he can communicate with it.
In my particular case, I always want to heard something new and fresh,
not a track released in january. but its ok anyway.Comment
-
Re: Dave Seaman The Masters Series 2011
Which is why we now have a lot of awful mixes where the DJ has remixed or re-edited every single track only for the end result to be poorer that it would have been had they toughed nothing. Most DJs put out a mix every couple of months and have plenty of opportunity to be as up to date as they want' Seaman has a monthly radio show at the moment. If you only want to listen to new music there is no point in buying a mix CD in the first place. And New doesn't necessarily good.Originally posted by res0nat0rOK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
Comment
-
Re: Dave Seaman The Masters Series 2011
I agree with you, chunky, I Think that we are saying the same, but in different ways.
I mean, a super star dj, as seaman or whoever,
receive a lot of material per day.
I think they should strive a little more in the production
and not only compile and put good songs all together.
The challenge is to find something new and innovative.Comment
-
Re: Dave Seaman The Masters Series 2011
In my opinion a lot of the tracks are obvious numbers from 2011 ... so either the release has been delayed making this dated or Seaman has put together a list of tracks that many people could have come with. Dave Seaman runs his own label, yet the tracklist looks to lack originality - so compared to the Lawrence, Dixon & Marcel Fengler releases which I love this is one purchase I won't be making.sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.Comment
-
Re: Dave Seaman The Masters Series 2011
You definitely need Hoff lessons
My 2 cents, to me the mark of a great Dj is one who is not afraid to use the best music for the right place regardless of when it was produced.
Another 2 cents, I'm being generous today
Too many Djs now don't seem to really program either their sets or their mixes, they play great tracks but you don't get that wonderful flow you get from a beautiful meticulously programmed mix.
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Dave Seaman The Masters Series 2011
Ok, dancing, shitting, smoking apes is all I'll post from now on!
If Simon's point is that the comp was probably ready months ago, that can be true.
This is not the case,of course, but if a dj digs the Internet crater and comes up with 20 jewels no one has ever heard of (Robag Whrume, Andy Weatherall and may other less noble names), that is often -always- more exciting than a double cd of exclusive new tracks.╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚Comment
-
Re: Dave Seaman The Masters Series 2011
^^ I'm interested in what you say . A good music discussion is the best sort of discussion even if we come at it from different places.
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Dave Seaman The Masters Series 2011
x2Which is why we now have a lot of awful mixes where the DJ has remixed or re-edited every single track only for the end result to be poorer that it would have been had they toughed nothing. Most DJs put out a mix every couple of months and have plenty of opportunity to be as up to date as they want' Seaman has a monthly radio show at the moment. If you only want to listen to new music there is no point in buying a mix CD in the first place. And New doesn't necessarily good.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: Dave Seaman The Masters Series 2011
I'm glad I'm no longer a trainspotter like youIn my opinion a lot of the tracks are obvious numbers from 2011 ... so either the release has been delayed making this dated or Seaman has put together a list of tracks that many people could have come with. Dave Seaman runs his own label, yet the tracklist looks to lack originality - so compared to the Lawrence, Dixon & Marcel Fengler releases which I love this is one purchase I won't be making.
Lawrence, Dixon, Seaman, all produced good comps as far as my ears are concerned. I no longer recognise these newfangled producers so it's easier for me, IMHO, to appreciate a mix as a whole. I'm sure Troxler is pretty 'cutting edge' but the Lab didn't really grab me beyond it being a well put together mix.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,523
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment