• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yao
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: 20 Amazing Facts About Voting in the USA

here comes the fire brigade...
    Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• neoee
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Regardless of the outcome the questions raised by orginizations like blackboxvoting should be addressed. Our voting process should be verifiable via a paper record. It shouldn't be magic in and magic out. Why are we not using an open sourced system like Australia? It would be cheaper, could be verified secure and then there would be no room for questions.
      "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• face
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jun 2004

the problem with the voting machines in ohio was not the lack of paper trail or any of that; rather, there just weren't enough of them. there were a number of older machines, and only a few newer ones.

given that, and if it is true that republican voters were ordered to take as long as possible at the machines, then ohio was really a disaster. but nothing could have swayed the outcome to favor kerry in this case.

i just spoke with a laywer representing voters' rights in ohio during the election, and that is what he told me.

plus, if they allow democratic and republican representatives to monitor election sites (to ensure that voters are registered, and that no one votes more than once), then why not allow international monitoring?

in the ukraine the regime in power essentially set up an entire parallel voting system to say the outcome in its favor. since that didn't work, they tried to poison the competition apparently. way to go, russia!

DJ Mixes | Music Reviews | Podcast | iTunes Podcast | RSS Feed | SoundCloud

Comment

• cruisysloth
          Fresh Peossy
          • Nov 2004

Just shows how unfari US politics are

Bush should be impeached!

Comment

• sammwalk
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

All of those facts don't account for the exit polls forecasting Bush as the winner in pretty much every scenario.

An some of you have pointed out the problem: voting doesn't solve anything, regardless of whether it's rigged or not. Kerry or Bush, do you really think either one would have made a difference? And then there's the electoral college.

If you want to change stuff, don't rely on the government; they're in the business of keeping the status quo, or expanding their sphere of influence.

About GWB- I wouldn't say the country's stronger; it's about the same. Actually, a little more fascistic, what with the bullshit counterfeit patriotism and whatnot.

But, we'll see what dear ol' George has in store for us. Remember, if you think he's bad, just remember that he's the latest in a trend of increasingly incompetent leaders. He's not awful, just mediocre. And he paves the way for even worse.

I can't wait to see who's next. By the time we're middle aged, it will be full wrought complacent nationalism. We'll be BEGGING for someone like Bush!

Comment

• face
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sammwalk
              About GWB- I wouldn't say the country's stronger; it's about the same. Actually, a little more fascistic, what with the bullshit counterfeit patriotism and whatnot.
              i must agree with all of what you said. and the above is sad, funny, and true. i like the phrase 'bullshit counterfeit patriotism,' which is quite on the mark i'd say.

so given bushie's drug habit (of the past) and his mild (or not so mild) retardation, it's a safe bet to predict that Tyrone Biggums will be president in 2008. =)

Comment

• Jenks
                I'm kind of a big deal.
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by cruisysloth

Comment

• fishingnut
                  Addiction started
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by cruisysloth

geez what world are you living in.
                  Don't post anything you wouldn't want yo mamma or the 'feds' to read.

Comment

• aeon
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Mar 2005

cruisysloth wrote:

ARE YOU SAYING YOU LIKE BUSH AS PRESIDENT? Do you really believe that it isnt Karl Rove who's in control here? It's a sham and I am embarrassed to be an American. The war on "terrorism" is a lie, Bush admin uses it when its convenient but in cases like Darfur we turn a blind eye. its bullshit and its sad, very sad.

Comment

• fishingnut
                      Addiction started
                      • Nov 2004

do i like the guy personally no, i voted for the other guy. but i do accept the fact that he is our president.
                      Don't post anything you wouldn't want yo mamma or the 'feds' to read.

Comment

• sammwalk
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by aeon
                        cruisysloth wrote:

ARE YOU SAYING YOU LIKE BUSH AS PRESIDENT? Do you really believe that it isnt Karl Rove who's in control here? It's a sham and I am embarrassed to be an American. The war on "terrorism" is a lie, Bush admin uses it when its convenient but in cases like Darfur we turn a blind eye. its bullshit and its sad, very sad.
                        Actually, Rove just gets him elected. He's not so much in charge of Bush's policy as he is in charge of exploiting any opposition weakness to his party's advantage.

Comment

• aeon
                          Fresh Peossy
                          • Mar 2005

Actually, Rove just gets him elected. He's not so much in charge of Bush's policy as he is in charge of exploiting any opposition weakness to his party's advantage.
                          True, true, I guess the solution is that the dems or a good much needed 3 party needs a Rove on their payroll. I do think Rove has a little more pull than just being a juggernaut in the election process.

I do accept the fact that Bush is yet again our president. That doesn't mean that it is not worth speaking out against their policies. If no one does anything or says anything then before you know it the US will be nothing but a consumer of cheap foreign goods. We will produce no products or goods within the US. Policies need to change and big business being so intimately tied to the goverment, in particular oil money, is not good in the long run. Oil will run out without our lifetime so why continue to invest in it? and kill for it? The energy bill has a drop of money set aside for alternative energy so there continues to be no incentive for US companies to research and develop new energy supplies. Hydrogen is a good source and its abundant.

Comment

• face
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Jun 2004

you're right. that's richard perle's job.

Comment

Working...