X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lucien_m
    Getting warmed up
    • Jul 2004

DJing Denon DNS 3700 vs Pioneer CDJ 850

I'm between buying the cdj or dns. which do yo recommend me??
  • trick12
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jul 2007

Re: Denon DNS 3700 vs Pioneer CDJ 850

id go for pioneer
    Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• bobjuice
      Banned
      • May 2008

Originally posted by trick12
      id go for pioneer
      same here ^

no reason why you can't go to your stockist and try both though?

Comment

• panoulix
        MCast Resident DJ
        • Feb 2009

There is no competition betwwen these 2 units.

DN-S3700 with the eyes closed.

After the recent Pioneer f*ckups with the CDJ-2000 units and the firmware issues as well as the DJM-2000 with the driver issues for x64 (yes I am an UNHAPPY owner of both a CDJ-2000 pair and a DJM-2000), I would strongly recommend the DN-S3700 players.

Lots of users swear by them and they are proved to be really stable and really versatile machines, allowing the user to operate them in any combination needed, without issues.

So no, forget about what the masses say, go for the Denons. This time Denon stroke back with exceptional pieces of equippment with big balls enough to beat pioneer in many aspects.

I repeat I am an owner of a pair of CDJ-2000s and a DJM-2000 and formerly of a pair of 400s and 1000s and I really know what I am talking about. Best value for money player out on the market is the DN-S3700 currently.

You may be also helped by my replies on the another pioneer related thread:
        now that you've invented hotlinking / device sharing between multiple cdjs, wouldn't it be easy to invent some kind of usb device that would integrate a laptop as music source into the loop? this idea just went through my mind, had to share it :)
        http://www.panoulix.gr
        http://www.myspace.com/panoulix
        http://www.facebook.com/panoulix

Comment

• bobjuice
          Banned
          • May 2008

^ good advice

This is why i say go and try them for yourself and see which you like the feel of the best. I don't have a great deal of faith in the consistency and stability of my own pioneers (1000s btw) but if you intend to be playing anywhere else but at home, you may want to consider that there's every likelihood you'll be playing on Pioneers. I like the fact my memory card can travel with me and another pair of cdjs suddenly contain all my cue points etc. Do the Denons accept Pioneer memory cards Panoulix? I don't know, if they do then my point is irrelevant.

You may not care about these factors. If you're just gonna play them at home then i go back to what i said before, get the ones that work for you.

cheers

Comment

Working...