X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aeon
    Fresh Peossy
    • Mar 2005

Jonathan Lisle OS2- reviews?

Has anyone else gotten this cd? If so, what do u think of it?

I got it a few days ago and its not at all what I expected. That's not necessarily a bad thing but its pretty different from what I've heard him play out and other sets I've heard. Does anyone else agree?

the set starts out almost ambient then s-l-o-w-l-y builds up to a pretty mellow set. Nice songs, no doubt I certainly wouldnt use it to prepare for going out and partying or anything. I think one of the luxuries of a cd dj set is that it allows a dj to play different stuff that he/she might play at 2am at a bangin' party and its nice to hear another style from a dj. I always characterized Lisle as a mainly breaks dj so this is a deviation from that, in my book.

anyhow just curious what other folks think of it?
  • cmike61
    Getting warmed up
    • Jan 2005

Re: Jonathan Lisle OS2- reviews?

Hands down my favorite CD Mix of the last ....well since I can remember really!!! A true musical journey...meant to be digested in a single "sitting" (a 2 hour business call for me has been perfect)....I don't think a commercial CD mix is ever going to be what you'll get at club 2.00am and this is as good as it get's for listening in car or headphones........

Comment

• skahound
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jun 2004

A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• aeon
        Fresh Peossy
        • Mar 2005

skahound,

thanks for the send the string its too early for me to be intelligent and actually do a search for OS2.

I am VERY happy to see so many people liked the slow journey. I wouldnt say its the best set I've ever heard but I like it and I agree its one that you have to listen to a number of times from beginning to end to fully understand the intent. Anyone that pays tribute to Bladerunner is a-ok in my book

AF

Comment

Working...