X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

Drexciya - Journey of the Deep Sea Dweller

Journey of the Deep Sea Dweller to be re-released!

After our original reporting on the planned reissue of music from the seminal '90s Detroit duo Drexciya was unfortunately void of many details, the Dutch Clone imprint has now filled in most of the blanks, sharing the album artwork (as seen above) and the forthcoming collection's full tracklist. Maybe as an attempt to stay aligned with the myths and mysteries which surrounded the duo's releases—which began 20 years ago—there still is no official release date other than "late December" for Journey of the Deep Sea Dweller, but the collection does gather work from Drexciya's early catalog and we're hoping the "I" numeral at the bottom of the artwork means that there may be more Drexciya reissues in the months to come. You can check the full tracklist below.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

I love me some Drexciya! anyon know is its a full remastered recording?
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

• thebanned1
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • May 2009

Re: Drexciya - Journey of the Deep Sea Dweller

didn't one of the guys from Drexciya die is 2002 of heart troubles ?
    How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
      Anyone have Styx livesets?
      • Jun 2004

thats why its a re-release and not new material silly
      ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Kinetic
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thebanned1
        didn't one of the guys from Drexciya die is 2002 of heart troubles ?
        Yes, James Stinson.

A f***ing genius, if you ask me. He had several projects besided Drexciya, of which my favorite is The Other People Place, itīs like Drexciya gone deep-house (of the good kind), check it out

As for this release, hereīs some blurb from the Clone press statement :
        “Drexciya arguably stands for the darker side of techno and electro, music not only made for the club scene, but a further development of the music as an expression and extension of the mind. 20 years after the release of Deep Sea Dweller (their first release), and 10 years after Grava 4 (their last), we present Journey Of The Deep Sea Dweller. This series is an almost complete collection of their early works, and is remastered from the original master tapes.

“Since the original releases have such a strong character, appeal and stand on their own, this re-issue can never re-create the magic of those originals. So instead we stirred up the catalogue taking the tracks out of their original context, giving the ‘in the know’ listener a fresh experience and the new listener a document that is the best possible introduction to the aquatic world of Drexciya.”
        "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
        http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• Kinetic
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Oh, and by the way, next Thursday Iīm seeing Dopplereffekt playing live in Madrid, itīs one of the projects from James Stinsonīs partner in Drexciya, Gerald Donald.
          "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
          http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

Working...