X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dersuuzala
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

streaming live audio server software?

so i finally got turntables, and i'd like to be able to stream myself mixing live to a couple of folks who've done me the favor of doing so numerous times.

i looked into icecast but it confused the hell out of me, and it looks like if i were to use liveice i'd have to compile the damn thing myself. if this is the only way to do things i guess i'll have to bite the bullet and figure this shit out. i thought i'd check here first, though, since it seems like you folks might know about some software i don't.

i'm using a pc, and i'm behind a router.
  • superEGO72
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

if you are on a fast enough line, just start broadcasting with shoutcast and people can tune right in... if not, youd have to find someplace to mirror you.

the setup i use is to broadcastone stream to a fat pipe that feeds many others... although the fat pipe was kindly donated, so not sure how much youd have to pay to find that.

Comment

• dersuuzala
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jun 2004

i'm not on a fast line, just a regular adsl connection. i share it with my bro also, so i don't want to use up very much of our upstream. i'm thinking i'd do one user at 128kbps quality or a few at 96 or 112kbps quality.

can shoutcast take audio coming from the line-in on my soundcard, encode it on the fly, and broadcast it?

Comment

• day_for_night
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

you arent gonna be able to stream well to more than one or two people if you are on dsl...you need some bandwidth to do any kind streaming at a reasonable bit rate.

Comment

• dersuuzala
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jun 2004

yeah, i know. by a few, i meant three at most, and probably at 96kbps or lower.

Comment

• lmmadic
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

i don't think that's gonna be possible with a dsl connection.
            i would record the set and distribute it to my friends like that.
            sigpic

Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army. Edward Everett

Comment

• Dajshin
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jun 2004

With a normal ADSL Line u are able to feed maximum 3 listeners with 24kbps. And the have to be near u. Overseas....now chance.

Comment

Working...