• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chunky
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jan 2006

Bedrock - The Audible Suspects Mix CD by Oliver Lieb & Jimmy van M

Out the end of February apparently

http://www.mixcloud.com/johndigweed/transitions-with-john-digweed-collaborations-album-minimix/

Collaborations - Oliver Lieb & Jimmy Van M as The Audible Suspects CD Pre-order. Single CD on pre-order due for release on Feb 27th and will be shipped around this time. COLLABORATIONS http://www.mixcloud.com/johndigweed/...album-minimix/ OLIVER LIEB & JIMMY VAN M as The Audible Suspects 01. Oliver Lieb – Epsilon Eridani Reprise 02. Oliver Lieb – Epsilon Eridani - Davide Cali Remix 03. Ray Kajioka – Origins – Jimmy Van M Remix 04. Thomas Muller – One Hit One Night 05. Pele & Findling - Deep Sea 06. Mono Electric Orchestra – Blunt Force Trauma – Max Cooper Remix 07. D. Diggler - Weed 08. Daso –Rolling For The Mix 09. Lanny May – Soft Light Turns On 10. SF FM - The Depths 11. Ryan Davis - Satellite 12. Phil Kieran - Rocket Science Part 2 13. Joel Mull - Constant Crescendo 14. Phil Kieran & Green Velvet - Rocket Yourself 15. Digital Mess – Open The Box 16. Sascha Walter – Glastank – Tobias Felbermayr Remix 17. Oliver Lieb – Helios
    Germany’s Oliver Lieb and USA’s Jimmy Van M have come together as The Audible Suspects to launch “Collaborations”, a new creative platform for Bedrock in 2012. This project is the culmination of a journey over many years, through Jimmy’s pursuit of Oliver’s music, resulting in their friendship and now this collaboration. Many years ago Jimmy was among the first people to bring Oliver to the USA to play and was the first to arrange a tour for him to perform live and now the time is right for The Audible Suspects to be born. “After my break from producing, I was slowly getting back to working again and one of the first steps was to care about my online presence, Facebook etc. I added Jimmy, making contact again and soon we talked about working together on some projects. and quickly had the idea of doing a compilation. Like my monthly podcasts, I wanted to gather together new, interesting music from well-known and more underground or undiscovered people and focus on the techy side of things, which actually is my main playground. So, our collaboration is based on grooves and interesting sounds, as well as melodies, that don’t just aim for big commercial success but more for some exciting trippy development of audible space.” - Oliver Lieb Frankfurt based DJ & producer Oliver Lieb has been in the premier league of electronic producers since the early 90’s and always keeps surprising and amazing people with his extraordinary sounds and diversity of styles. He views music as an endless horizon of expressing himself and refuses to be pigeonholed in one specific genre, an attitude well suited to the Bedrock ethos. The mighty, soaring, “Parallax”, was a highlight on John Digweed’s “Structures Two” album, and the exceptional “Epsilon Eridani EP” (Bed99) followed last summer. So it is fitting that both an unreleased Reprise and Italian producer Davide Cali’s remix open and set the stage for this collaborative musical adventure. From the outset the selected music emulates a night out at a club with a top quality underground soundtrack, digging deep and blending subtle sparseness with hypnotic drive, teasing and building anticipation and excitement with ease. Jimmy Van M exhibits his superb remix skills reworking “Origins” by German techno producer Ray Kajioka, which flows seamlessly into BPitch Control’s rising star Thomas Muller’s “One Hit One Night” and on into Get Physical’s Pele and Findling. Oliver and Jimmy continue to join the dots between the most exciting, talented, new producers and remixers as they feature the wildly creative Max Cooper, Andreas Mügge (in his D.Diggler guise), Daso Franke and the excitingly experimental Lanny May. “Flow is very important. I connected with Oliver on this right from the beginning when listening to his LSG ‘Vol. 2’ and LSG ‘Into Deep’ albums. Over the years we’ve become friends and I’ve always hoped for an opportunity to work together. So, The Audible Suspects project is very exciting for me. When getting the music together for this compilation we quickly realized where it was going and took the direction of strong yet still simple tracks. We focused considerably on the sound quality of each track and the final mix mastering which you can tell by turning it up loud!” - Jimmy Van M Over the last decade and a half few individuals could claim the type behind-the-scenes influence on American dance culture as Jimmy Van M. His tireless efforts can be credited with having helped advance electronic dance music throughout the North America, opening avenues for artistic expression in dance-clubs that did not previously exist before him and his very unique efforts. When it comes to atmosphere, vibe and drive there are very few DJs that can stand alongside Jimmy Van M. The mix builds in intensity with San Francisco duo SF/FM blurring the lines between the obscure and the straight forward, with their love of big room psychedelia, slipping effortlessly upwards with Traum’s Ryan Davis and Ireland’s Phil Kieran (who is later joined by Green Velvet for an encore performance). Sweden’s hugely talented techno DJ and producer Joel Mull shows off his star potential, as does the mysterious Digital Mess, before the unique sounds of Munich’s Tobias Felbermayr spiral into the mix finale of “Helios” by Oliver Lieb. This is a mix that exhibits the best underground dancefloor attitude without sacrificing the electronic weirdness that sometimes gets lost in the pursuit of big-name tunes. There is a sense of musical maturity to the mix without it lacking in energetic charm. It’s a mix that is born out of desire to discover, excite and educate, and attitude that comes as the result of many years of waiting and searching for, that next inspirational track. “Jimmy and Oliver have delivered a futuristic mix that locks you into a groove and won’t let go. This is cool electronic house meets spacious techno.” - John Digweed
    Last edited by chunky; January 23, 2012, 03:47:18 PM.
    Originally posted by res0nat0r
    OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

Re: Bedrock - The Audible Suspects Mix CD by Oliver Lieb & Jimmy van M

any additional info - or just what Lieb has posted in several places?
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• chunky
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
      any additional info - or just what Lieb has posted in several places?
      No I only knew about it because Jimmy Van M & Lieb are doing the launch party at The Gallery (MOS) next month

Comment

• Dhar_2
        meat and potatoes
        • Jun 2004

lieb and van m. strange combination

Comment

• 88Mariner
          My dick is smaller
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Dhar_2
          lieb and van m. strange combination
          strange, but I bet it will work harmoniously (assuming I am correctly remembering what lieb is playing nowadays)
          you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Wow this will be interesting. Haven't heard anything from JVM in ages, and the both of them doing a Bedrock! Something to look forward to.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Homegrove
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

Lieb's new mixes (on his Soundcloud) aren't very far from what JVM is playing these days.
              Forward thinking house music

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

sweet, I'll give it a chance
                motherlover

Comment

• unkle
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Mar 2007

Interesting. I Really want to hear this.

Comment

• mades
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jun 2008

They also have the same manager.

Comment

• Dhar_2
                      meat and potatoes
                      • Jun 2004

which helps!

Comment

• trick12
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jul 2007

high expectations...
                        Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• chunky
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • Jan 2006

A bit shit it only being a single CD

Collaborations - Oliver Lieb & Jimmy Van M as The Audible Suspects CD Pre-order.

Single CD on pre-order due for release on Feb 27th and will be shipped around this time.
                          COLLABORATIONS

OLIVER LIEB & JIMMY VAN M
                          as The Audible Suspects

01. Oliver Lieb – Epsilon Eridani Reprise
                          02. Oliver Lieb – Epsilon Eridani - Davide Cali Remix
                          03. Ray Kajioka – Origins – Jimmy Van M Remix
                          04. Thomas Muller – One Hit One Night
                          05. Pele & Findling - Deep Sea
                          06. Mono Electric Orchestra – Blunt Force Trauma – Max Cooper Remix
                          07. D. Diggler - Weed
                          08. Daso –Rolling For The Mix
                          09. Lanny May – Soft Light Turns On
                          10. SF FM - The Depths
                          11. Ryan Davis - Satellite
                          12. Phil Kieran - Rocket Science Part 2
                          13. Joel Mull - Constant Crescendo
                          14. Phil Kieran & Green Velvet - Rocket Yourself
                          15. Digital Mess – Open The Box
                          16. Sascha Walter – Glastank – Tobias Felbermayr Remix
                          17. Oliver Lieb – Helios

Comment

• chunky
                            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                            • Jan 2006

Germany’s Oliver Lieb and USA’s Jimmy Van M have come together as The Audible Suspects to launch “Collaborations”, a new creative platform for Bedrock in 2012.

This project is the culmination of a journey over many years, through Jimmy’s pursuit of Oliver’s music, resulting in their friendship and now this collaboration. Many years ago Jimmy was among the first people to bring Oliver to the USA to play and was the first to arrange a tour for him to perform live and now the time is right for The Audible Suspects to be born.

“After my break from producing, I was slowly getting back to working again and one of the first steps was to care about my online presence, Facebook etc. I added Jimmy, making contact again and soon we talked about working together on some projects. and quickly had the idea of doing a compilation. Like my monthly podcasts, I wanted to gather together new, interesting music from well-known and more underground or undiscovered people and focus on the techy side of things, which actually is my main playground. So, our collaboration is based on grooves and interesting sounds, as well as melodies, that don’t just aim for big commercial success but more for some exciting trippy development of audible space.” - Oliver Lieb

Frankfurt based DJ & producer Oliver Lieb has been in the premier league of electronic producers since the early 90’s and always keeps surprising and amazing people with his extraordinary sounds and diversity of styles. He views music as an endless horizon of expressing himself and refuses to be pigeonholed in one specific genre, an attitude well suited to the Bedrock ethos. The mighty, soaring, “Parallax”, was a highlight on John Digweed’s “Structures Two” album, and the exceptional “Epsilon Eridani EP” (Bed99) followed last summer. So it is fitting that both an unreleased Reprise and Italian producer Davide Cali’s remix open and set the stage for this collaborative musical adventure.

From the outset the selected music emulates a night out at a club with a top quality underground soundtrack, digging deep and blending subtle sparseness with hypnotic drive, teasing and building anticipation and excitement with ease. Jimmy Van M exhibits his superb remix skills reworking “Origins” by German techno producer Ray Kajioka, which flows seamlessly into BPitch Control’s rising star Thomas Muller’s “One Hit One Night” and on into Get Physical’s Pele and Findling. Oliver and Jimmy continue to join the dots between the most exciting, talented, new producers and remixers as they feature the wildly creative Max Cooper, Andreas Mügge (in his D.Diggler guise), Daso Franke and the excitingly experimental Lanny May.

“Flow is very important. I connected with Oliver on this right from the beginning when listening to his LSG ‘Vol. 2’ and LSG ‘Into Deep’ albums. Over the years we’ve become friends and I’ve always hoped for an opportunity to work together. So, The Audible Suspects project is very exciting for me. When getting the music together for this compilation we quickly realized where it was going and took the direction of strong yet still simple tracks. We focused considerably on the sound quality of each track and the final mix mastering which you can tell by turning it up loud!” - Jimmy Van M

Over the last decade and a half few individuals could claim the type behind-the-scenes influence on American dance culture as Jimmy Van M. His tireless efforts can be credited with having helped advance electronic dance music throughout the North America, opening avenues for artistic expression in dance-clubs that did not previously exist before him and his very unique efforts. When it comes to atmosphere, vibe and drive there are very few DJs that can stand alongside Jimmy Van M.

The mix builds in intensity with San Francisco duo SF/FM blurring the lines between the obscure and the straight forward, with their love of big room psychedelia, slipping effortlessly upwards with Traum’s Ryan Davis and Ireland’s Phil Kieran (who is later joined by Green Velvet for an encore performance). Sweden’s hugely talented techno DJ and producer Joel Mull shows off his star potential, as does the mysterious Digital Mess, before the unique sounds of Munich’s Tobias Felbermayr spiral into the mix finale of “Helios” by Oliver Lieb.

This is a mix that exhibits the best underground dancefloor attitude without sacrificing the electronic weirdness that sometimes gets lost in the pursuit of big-name tunes. There is a sense of musical maturity to the mix without it lacking in energetic charm. It’s a mix that is born out of desire to discover, excite and educate, and attitude that comes as the result of many years of waiting and searching for, that next inspirational track.

“Jimmy and Oliver have delivered a futuristic mix that locks you into a groove and won’t let go. This is cool electronic house meets spacious techno.” - John Digweed

Comment

• chunky
                              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                              • Jan 2006

You can listen to the mini mix here

Comment

Working...