Carnivore, Pescatarian, Vegetarian or Vegan?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Re: Carnivore, Pescatarian, Vegetarian or Vegan?

Originally posted by Jenks
    Do not buy duck fat. Buy a duck.

There is a farmers market a couple of miles from our house that sells whole fresh ducks on the weekends. $13 per duck. You do the butchering, it's fun, and you should know how to do that anyway. If you don't know how to butcher a duck, youtube can probably tell you.

Once you've removed all the good stuff (breasts, leg, etc) what's left is where you're getting your fat. Start trimming the carcass, all the skin and fat, chopping everything up into small bite size pieces. Throw those bits into an iron skillet or a heavy pot with a little water, prob 1/2 cup per duck, and cook it over medium heat for about an hour. What's left is two amazing things: 1. a shitload of clear heavenly liquid- aka Duck Fat. 2. Cracklins! Drain the fat (might want to run it through a light strainer) into a jar and put it in the fridge. Put all the cracklins on a paper towel and pat them dry. Open a can of beer and start shoving those cracklins in your face and wash them down with beer. I prefer to do this with no pants on. It's amazing. Crispy, salty, duck skin/fat chips and beer. mmmmmm.

That is the cheapest and most fun way to get yourself some duck fat... plus you get all the duck meat to cook later. Med rare pan seared duck breast is awesome. for $13 bucks, you get a several amazing meals providing you know how to prepare duck leg, duck breast, you get a jar of fat that'll last you a long time, and you get the cracklin snacks that you drool over with beer when you're done. It's an amazing couple of hours.

Done and done. I didn't get too many cracklins from rendering the beef though, but ah well.

13 bucks per duck? Damn. I paid 8 for 8 oz of duck fat. how much fat did you end up with?

Also, is it your belief that store-bought duck fat is no good? or is it just that it's more fun to spend the time doing it the old-timey way (which i AM into doing btw.)
    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

On offer at £2.50 a tin over xmas .. great for roast potatoes.
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Illuminate
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by 88Mariner
        i recommend reading more about our human dietary history. remind me again when humans were vegan? when we were all apes flinging shit at each other in the jungles of pangea?

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
        Sbando
        - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
        Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
        Bob
        "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
        the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
        KiwiTollway

Comment

• tiddles
          Encryption, Jr.
          • Jun 2004

paleo, bitchez.
          noice, i'm planning on giving that a 2-month test run starting in a week or so. i eat mostly paleo-ish anyway, it's mostly just cutting the grains that i've gotta do.

Comment

• nick007
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Oct 2007

the missus and I bought this bad boy over christmas for ourselves - South Africans love to braai (barbeque) so its meat all the way for me

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• floridaorange
              I'm merely a humble butler
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by nick007

the missus and I bought this bad boy over christmas for ourselves - South Africans love to braai (barbeque) so its meat all the way for me
              Perfect for veggie kabobs and shrimp skewers. Throw on some wild alaskan salmon or red snapper, seasoning and lemon... perfection

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• 88Mariner
                My dick is smaller
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Illuminate

I can help brah. Really. I will break this anti-meat fad that's been spreading...
                you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

----PEACE-----

Comment

• 88Mariner
                  My dick is smaller
                  • Nov 2006

which is better? gas grill or charcoal? I dig the gas simply because it takes two seconds to fire up. anyone purposefully not ​use a gas grill?

----PEACE-----

Comment

• nick007
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Oct 2007

^Love the smell of wood and charcoal so thats my personal preference. Got mates who swear by gas tho

Comment

• chanty
                      John, John, where art thou!
                      • Jun 2004

I can understand that the majority of people don't want to give up eating animals but most of you would have to admit that it's gotten to the point where it's gluttonous and wasteful. Our factory farming practices are horrid and shameful. If more people would follow the rule of a vegetarian diet during the week and animals on the weekend it would make a massive difference to our farming practices, enviroment and health. If people could see the way these animals are treated they might feel morally compelled to make changes in their diets but alas, people love to live in blissful ignorance.
                      Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• nick007
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Oct 2007

Comment

• Jenks
                          I'm kind of a big deal.
                          • Jun 2004

13 bucks per duck? Damn. I paid 8 for 8 oz of duck fat. how much fat did you end up with?

Also, is it your belief that store-bought duck fat is no good? or is it just that it's more fun to spend the time doing it the old-timey way (which i AM into doing btw.)
                          Store bought is fine, it's just hella expensive, especially when you can do it yourself, end up with about 2 cups of duck fat, plus two duck breasts, two duck leg quarters, wings, pieces, cracklins etc...all for $13.

Comment

• Kamal
                            Administrator
                            • May 2002

Originally posted by nick007
                            ^Love the smell of wood and charcoal so thats my personal preference.
                            ^^ + 1. If you're not drunk enough from the ongoing party that you can troop out a grill on coal, there's nothing that beats it. Meaty-terian to the CORE.
                            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                            he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                            Originally posted by ace_dl
                            Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                            I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Jenks
                              I'm kind of a big deal.
                              • Jun 2004

i recommend reading more about our human dietary history. remind me again when humans were vegan?
                              i recommend practicing some reading comprehension im not arguing that humans were vegans, and i never said we were vegans. i'm saying we're not "born to be carnovores" and our bodies are designed to digest a plant based diet, not a meat based one. Anthropology/Science > Tasty Rib Eye.

Comment

• Erik Mitchell
                                Gold Gabber
                                • Oct 2004

Meat for life
                                soundcloud - facedbook

Comment

Working...