If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
The food industry is really fucked up , almost everything DERIVES from corn ... trust me, corn is evil peeps
I didn't realize corn fed was bad for you until you mentioned it the other day.
I did some reading and I'm quite shocked. I will have to pay more attention when I buy meat. I've never noticed it mentioning corn or grass fed on any meat labels at the grocery store before...
sigpic RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
I didn't realize corn fed was bad for you until you mentioned it the other day.
I did some reading and I'm quite shocked. I will have to pay more attention when I buy meat. I've never noticed it mentioning corn or grass fed on any meat labels at the grocery store before...
weather is finally getting cooler outside. just inherited a bunch of super nice patio furniture from my aunt and uncle... looking fwd to grilling these tonight on the grill .
Statistics say American's are consuming 10% less meat this year > last. Quinoa burgers ftw!
Some studies suggest saturated fats from grassfed/pastured meats are good for you. I've changed my diet a bit since the beginning of this thread. I still eat a shitload of organic vegetables, mostly low glycemic vegetables and greens with small amounts of pastured meats. Removing most of the gluten from my diet has made the biggest change.
^So you are eating more cow and bison or what? I've been eating a lot more eggs since starting this thread.. but still no meat besides fish. I just don't dig meat though, my digestive system doesn't dig meat like some peoples doesn't dig gluten. I do stay away from most foods containing gluten though. I try to stick to foods that have the fewest ingredients possible as well.
^ I did Atkins last year high protein low carbs just before I got married - lost 10 kgs but it all back on as soon as I introduced a lot of carbs back into my eating. Busy looking at the Metabolism miracle by Diane Kress which speaks about a certain group of people having Metabolism B or insulin resistance. Very similar to Atkins just less animal fat with the food, down 3 kgs already.
The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!
I didn't realize corn fed was bad for you until you mentioned it the other day.
I did some reading and I'm quite shocked. I will have to pay more attention when I buy meat. I've never noticed it mentioning corn or grass fed on any meat labels at the grocery store before...
Some stores like whole foods or Trader Joes here are very specific on the content and the way of whatever you are eating is grown. The food industry became quite evil over the past 20 years lets put it this way It was much less detrimental to your health to be omnivorous back in the days than now.
Some studies suggest saturated fats from grassfed/pastured meats are good for you. I've changed my diet a bit since the beginning of this thread. I still eat a shitload of organic vegetables, mostly low glycemic vegetables and greens with small amounts of pastured meats. Removing most of the gluten from my diet has made the biggest change.
Been on that quest for quite a while now. cutting down gluten was a hard one for me since I love beer and also pastas. I started to notice that i feel lighter and less tired that before. Fucking gluten was making me tired and depressed about stupid shit all the time.
weather is finally getting cooler outside. just inherited a bunch of super nice patio furniture from my aunt and uncle... looking fwd to grilling these tonight on the grill .
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment