• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • subterFUSE
    Gold Gabber
    • Nov 2006

Re: Sasha + Three------>FLORIDA!

Originally posted by sakio pod
    I had fun it was ok, great to hang out with jay813. but come on guys by now we all know what sasha is like, and how you know what he is gonna play. i'm sure chicago was almost the same, really liked his first track pretty intense stuff.

did anyone see the guy that was recording the set with this hand held thingy, i met him at the warren show last month here. he is supposed to send it to me...we shall see.
    Yes, I'm very sure the set in Chicago was nearly identical. The point I was making was how the same music in a different venue with a different crowd could create a dramatically different vibe.

I'm not sure what the first track was, but if you go to the thread in this forum with the videos from Sahsa @ Warung.... click to the second video and forward about 1:30 into the clip and you will hear the track. It's awesome.

And yes, I saw the guy with the recorder. Hopefully it turned out OK. He was holding it up in the air the whole time and I know that the sound system was getting obnoxiously harsh, particularly with the screeching high-end. I was very glad I had my ear plugs that night.

Comment

• chuckc
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by subterFUSE
      Y the sound system was getting obnoxiously harsh, particularly with the screeching high-end. I was very glad I had my ear plugs that night.
      u aint lying. sounded somewhat distorted in spots. hope three finds a better venue to play at in the future. i am starting to see why steve graham refused to go to that place.

Comment

• dyreschlock
        Getting warmed up
        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by dyreschlock
        (Also, I recorded almost the whole thing, so that'll be on YouTube in about a day.)
        Videos are up.

Youtube //

Thread //
        Thanks to dyreschlock (http://www.youtube.com/user/dyreschlock) for this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4RYBk5Q31Q Edit: Parts 2 and 3 added http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXiCWimwSJ0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnHfi260n7w&feature=BFa&list=ULvXiCWimwSJ0

Comment

• three
          Fresh Peossy
          • Jun 2010

sound, vibe, crowd.... we loved it. myself i've played there 3 times now... best room in the southeast outside of miami. also, the room was been reworked about 6 months ago.... no more bar cutting length ways through dance floor.
          glad you enjoyed it, jay813 (... and good nights should go up and down with intensity of music... its a lost art unfortunately!)
          also... sasha made a point of switching his flight to 6am in order to make it to chi-town before the snow... he made it.

Comment

• jay813
            Platinum Poster
            • May 2005

nice. glad you guys enjoyed it as well. goes to show you that some people have very different experiences at the same event. i also agree with your thoughts on the new kennedy lay out. so much better, i think was mostly everyones biggest complaint. now has a much more open layout for the dance floor.

i will say since you were nice enough to post here that all i heard was how good you have been playing lately. I cant say that Ive made it to snatch anytime recently but after thursday will make it a point to catch you as often as i can.

i know tampa is not a big market for djs and i am eternally grateful for helping to bring in the big names to tampa but is it possible to get these djs to come on a friday or saturday night? some of us older folk have kids now. lol.

was a great night overall and hopefuly dont have to wait another 2 years before seeing sasha in tampa

also anyone see that recording pop up yet?

Comment

• rich tobares
              Getting Somewhere
              • Sep 2011

doubt that it spends in countries of the first world
              La manija , no se mancha

Comment

• three
                Fresh Peossy
                • Jun 2010

kind of bemused (more amused really) at the comments, but there's always somebody who doesn't like it... no biggy. the night did in the low 700's which for a thursday in january is great (clubs are always dead in january) ,,,,, this isnt electro house or skrillex! about 70% of the attendees were presale tickets so most everyone there.... wanted to be there. digweed, cox, sasha... and obviously myself have nothing but good things to say about the venue, as well. the system there was done by Dan Agne of Cielo fame. its a great system and have to be one of the harshest critics about venues, but i digress. to the contrary of some comments here sasha and i were very into it and had a blast. odd the only negative response i've come across for this night is on a message board though. actually its not odd i guess..... message boards are the devils water cooler

as for the friday / saturday thing. fridays will continue to do DJs at HPC, but more underground names as usual (this is the 10th year of the Snatch night i do down there). these occasional bigger shows you have been seeing on thursdays (cox, digweed, sasha...) will actually be on saturdays from now on...... starting on Saturday Feb 25th with Danny Tenaglia. that said there still might be a weeknight show here and there.... some guys just won't do small venues on the weekend.

lastly, we'd appreciate not having some dodgy hand-held recording floating around. and what is the deal with standing around with recorders or filming awful videos (lets be honest.... complete crap videos) and putting tons of them on youtube? the ones with the bright lights continually shining at the booth.... awful. its funny cause sasha and i's only complaint were about the people doing that. some perspective perhaps... all DJs really hate that.

keep the faith.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                  My dick is smaller
                  • Nov 2006

^ just for that, I'm going to write a personal letter to Simon Cowell and recommend that you be one of three guest dj judges for his eventual "world's greatest dj" talent programme.
                  you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by three
                    lastly, we'd appreciate not having some dodgy hand-held recording floating around. and what is the deal with standing around with recorders or filming awful videos (lets be honest.... complete crap videos) and putting tons of them on youtube? the ones with the bright lights continually shining at the booth.... awful. its funny cause sasha and i's only complaint were about the people doing that. some perspective perhaps... all DJs really hate that.

keep the faith.
                    I keep saying that !! And I love the bit about the crap videos.
                    Originally posted by TheVrk
                    it IS incredible isn't it??
                    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• jay813
                      Platinum Poster
                      • May 2005

so glad to hear about the weekend thing. looking forward to some more house goodness in tampa, which id have to say is comparable to miami as far as talent that visits when WMC is not on.

i thought you shining the flashlight back at the cameras was rather funny....

the devils watercooler....lol

Comment

• floridaorange
                        I'm merely a humble butler
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by jay813

florida orange you are thinking about Jacksons
                        You sir are correct.

keep the faith.
                        no doubt

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Hoff
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Aug 2009

keep the faith.

would be good if most clubs gradually donīt allow anymore enter with all that unnecessary shit

Comment

Working...