Scientists say, ppl who listen to dance music have..........

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yggdrasil
    Banned
    • Jun 2004

Scientists say, ppl who listen to dance music have..........

I just read in a science journal that people who listen to dance music tend to have addictive personalities. What do you all think?

Scientists also say Classical music listenners tend to think more logically.
  • nbpgt
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

im addicted to lots of stuff.. so i guess i would somewhat agree with that

Comment

• lmmadic
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

well i am easely addicted, and so is the rest of the people on here.
      is there one who can say they aren't addicted to MS, and that's just for starters.
      but i must also be logical because i also enjoy classical music. and i do think of myself as logical. so these guys seem to have a point
      sigpic

Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army. Edward Everett

Comment

• supaz
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

I don't agree with these so-called scientists...they have too much time on their hands.

How can they generalize one's personality by the type of music they listen to?

Comment

• brakada
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

I AM AN ADDICT. DEFINITELY.

Thank god I haven't tried heroin.
          We shall boldly dance, where no man has danced before..."

Comment

• SickBoy
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

I've been listening to this music since I was 13 yrs old. I would say i am addicted to this music.

Comment

• hypoluxxa
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

That was an overgeneralization if I ever heard one. I believe that MOST, not all people that listen to dance music are within a certain age group. People in that age group might still be experimenting with many things because they?re still young enough, so to conclude that most of us have addictive personalities is a little far fetched I think. I could be wrong. I still listen to dance music daily, I?m old and I?m no longer addicted to anything? well maybe just coffee.

Comment

• ReTrOGurLe
                Fresh Peossy
                • Jun 2004

people who listen to dance music tend to have addictive personalities
                that's pretty broad in description.

we also have magnetic personalities, diverse personalities, you can throw in a list of adjectives and never "pin-point" a specific trait that would classify people that listen to "dance" music. EDM is always evolving and it's a beautiful thing.

Comment

• Dajshin
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jun 2004

And what about mental disorder????

Comment

• SofaSurfer
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Jun 2004

People who listen to dance music are usually smarter on the whole than those who don't, seeing as it takes a certain mental capacity to understand it. Don't know about addictions though. Personally I think I am able to control myself :?

Comment

• Garrick
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by SofaSurfer
                      People who listen to dance music are usually smarter on the whole than those who don't, seeing as it takes a certain mental capacity to understand it. Don't know about addictions though. Personally I think I am able to control myself :?

anyone is going to say that about the music they have a passion for, though. shit, even people that listen to country music say that and i think that music is shit.
                      Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• WilDFire
                        Addiction started
                        • Jun 2004

Which scientific journal was it? I'd like to read the article. I would agree with it - I think I do have an addictive personality.
                        Music makes the soul strong.

Comment

• SofaSurfer
                          Fresh Peossy
                          • Jun 2004

nyone is going to say that about the music they have a passion for, though. shit, even people that listen to country music say that and i think that music is shit
                          well, There is some validity to claiming that about electronic music. Because it is based almost entirely on form and texture. Very similiar to classical music in that sense. Thats part of the reason it is so addictive. Its productive for your brain to interpret.

Comment

• bedrizzock
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Jun 2004

What if you listen to like, william orbit? does that make you both logical and prone to addiction. Like, you're only addicted to the things that really matter.
                            I'm rich, bitch.

Comment

• SofaSurfer
                              Fresh Peossy
                              • Jun 2004

^^ something like that . I just think of music as kind of a healthy addiction. even though more often than not it may lead to some unhealthy ones.

Comment

Working...