I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Black Eyed Peas > LMFAO

Originally posted by Illuminate
    ^

Nice one Nick.

However, FLO-RIDA:

Y U Checking Out LMFAO Tour Schedule?

I manage a musician who's friends are telling him his blog is not a "proper website" so I was showing him that LMFAO has a blog in addition to a "proper website."

btw:

Influences

LMFAO cites a vast range of different influences, such as rappers like Tupac Shakur, hip hop groups like The Black Eyed Peas, R&B artists like James Brown and Michael Jackson, and rock bands such as The Beatles and Led Zeppelin.[19] Both are devoted fans of Michael Jackson and they use many of his dance steps in their dance routines. The Australian dance style the Melbourne Shuffle features heavily in the "Party Rock Anthem" videoclip, fused with US hip-hop dance elements. Also, LMFAO cites taking a huge inspiration from Adam Goldstein, better known as DJ AM, who first got them introduced to electronic music.[20] Notably, RedFoo is a former brother-in-law of Jermaine Jackson, Michael Jackson's older brother, and is also an uncle of Jermaine Jackson, Jr.[citation needed]

In 2007, LMFAO attended the Winter Music Conference in Miami, Florida, which the duo says was an experience that inspired their musical and creative style.[21]

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Garrick
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

we've got equally horrible tv shows to match.... a la jersey shore

our society has no hope! lol.
      Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• 88Mariner
        My dick is smaller
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by floridaorange
        So the world (according to that tour list) is willing to pay to see how much americans hate themselves? interesting
        yes. you'll note that american culture has permeated across all sorts of traditionally impassable cultural barriers.

if you want to know why the world hates us, it's because of this bullshit we export. Do you believe a man who has been through war and back and takes massive pride in his country is happy to see children running around lookin like snookie? or the jersey-shorification of his cities? prolly not.

just because idiots across the planet love lmfao doesn't mean it's not utter shit. it demonstrates the far-reaching effect of american 'culture'. and for the fact that it originates here, and largely it is accepted as 'cool' and 'hip' demonstrates that we do hate ourselves enough to subject our ears to this noise, or, worse, that we acquiesce to its existence w/o condemning it as per se garbage.

so yes, I would agree with you: the world does pay good money to see what is arguably our worst export, a product that is created in the united states incident to the increasing self-hatred 'we' subject ourselves to. and the world is worse for this.
        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by clintlove

Are you trying to say this isn't any good?
          lol those guys are for real?? Saw them the other day for a bit w/ Madonna at Super bowl and honestly thought they were like part of that particular show or something.. uncool at all levels imho

All thread name's makes much more sense to me rigth now

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• floridaorange
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by 88Mariner
            increasing self-hatred 'we' subject ourselves to. and the world is worse for this.

Most of America certainly eats like it hates itself. And we've certainly done a fine job of exporting that sh*t around the world.

Comment

• res0nat0r
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • May 2006

Comment

• floridaorange
                • Dec 2005

Comment

• 88Mariner
                  My dick is smaller
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by floridaorange
                  Most of America certainly eats like it hates itself. And we've certainly done a fine job of exporting that sh*t around the world.
                  Also agreed. As an initial thought, it may all boil down to low self esteem and the feelings of inadequacy that are either disguised or, worse, overcompensated with an inflated ego.

I need to find some more articles discussing this. I'm damn sure I'm no the first person to look at it this way.

Side note: not everything about us it terrible. We do export lots of good things too. Of course, bad news makes for good discussion.
                  you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

Working...