If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
niiiiiice!!
right now im in greece again. i hope i can manage to touch some rock. in the sun it's impossible... i burn my toes and fingers. i need to find some sweet spots in the shade or need to go in the very morning or evening.
i really want to do multi pitch routes now, since i had some personal training for that in july. i know all the basics now and am eager for practice!!
Cool man, I hope you find some rocks in the shade, else early in the morning will give you the lowest temperatures I'd say. I had the same thing in Orpierre, the sun was almost literally making the rubber on my shoes burn my toes. Crazy stuff, so we went out early for climbing, held a siesta mid-day and then returned to the rock in the evening. And then still I had to buy an extra pair of shoes half a size bigger .
Just came back from another weekend in fontainebleau too by the way, now THAT was burning rock...38 degrees in the shade, what the fuck. We did about 1,5 bottles of 1,5 litres of water each a day, I don't think I've ever had to drink that much
Some of the boulders I did:
A nice slopey boulder: mostly friction holds and no good edges, especially at the top.
Scary high slab with really small edges to stand on. I did an even harder one as well which really had me freakin': the last hold just totally sucked -no edge at all just curve to pull on at 5m/15ft high. I must've had a righteous skidmark in my pants after that one!
Keep us posted on further adventures dude, and if you decide to take the trip to Bleau sometime just let me know. I know when it's best to go, and I know an outstanding little camping with a climbers' bivouac and of course some of the cool spots to boulder .
wow that looks awesome. and i like your choice of shoes
i just got back from greece after 5 weeks. i was only climbing a couple of days, but still made some new achievements. i managed to sent a 7a after the 3rd or 4th try but actually imo it's not 7a, more like 6c. on paper it says 7a.
and we climbed our first multi pitch in greece. only 3 pitches and about 80m. the fourth pitch was 7c+... no chance for us. plus we were not really exicted about trying a 7c with 80m air below your toes haha
unfortunately i took no photos this time....lazy me :/
i have found a last years photo and i believe this is the route we took, 5b+ > 5a > 6c+ > 7c+ > 5b > 5b. we got to belay 3)
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment