• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael^Heaven
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2008

Half-Staff for Whitney

Absolutely ridiculous!

On Saturday, flags at New Jersey’s government buildings will be flown at half-staff in honor of Houston, who was born in Newark. Gov. Chris Christie has defended this decision in the face of fierce criticism.
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Re: Half-Staff for Whitney

^half staff. srs? pretty pathetic. sure everyone loved whitney. i remember hearing her music when i was growing up in the 90s and grew up hearing tunes off her first cd all the time, but half staff? no no no. that is very insulting. come on fat boy Chris, you know better than that. I'd expect more from you. No wonder why you didn't run for Prez.

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
      Platinum Poster
      • May 2008

Re:

Cheers^!

(I'm stealing that pic BTW)

Comment

• 88Mariner
        My dick is smaller
        • Nov 2006

Wow, why all the racism in this thread? You don't want it half-staff for a black person because y'all racist. Jesus, it's not even 10am and the racism is in full swing in this thread.

Does anyone really think they're affected why a flag is flown half-staff for whitney houston? If you're not affected, then why do people think she should not get a half staff day? I can only think it's because she's black -- and the racist undertones chime once more.
        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• res0nat0r
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • May 2006

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
            Platinum Poster
            • May 2008

Originally posted by 88Mariner
            Wow, why all the racism in this thread? You don't want it half-staff for a black person because y'all racist. Jesus, it's not even 10am and the racism is in full swing in this thread.

Does anyone really think they're affected why a flag is flown half-staff for whitney houston? If you're not affected, then why do people think she should not get a half staff day? I can only think it's because she's black -- and the racist undertones chime once more.
            Obviously, there are no racist overtones in this thread except this^. So, I'll chuck your statement up as 'sarcasm' with a chuckle.

Comment

• 88Mariner
              My dick is smaller
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Michael^Heaven
              Obviously, there are no racist overtones in this thread except this^. So, I'll chuck your statement up as 'sarcasm' with a chuckle.
              Racism doesn't need 'overtones'. In fact, the very notion that racism can only have overtones and therefore omit the more subtle form of racism is, in and of itself, racist. And so far as I can tell, the desire to not give whitney houston a half-staff day is attributable to her blackness.

Ergo, racism.

Strong racist dog-whistling in this thread.
              you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

----PEACE-----

Comment

• res0nat0r
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • May 2006

you sir have perfected the art of trolling.

Comment

• runningman
                  Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                  • Jun 2004

she was the female black jesus

Comment

• res0nat0r
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by runningman
                    she was the female black jesus
                    black crack actually.

Comment

• hambino21
                      PFC Semen Ham
                      • Jul 2004

I appreciated Whitney's talent as much as anyone else. I was saddened to hear of her self inflicted death, but lowering the American flag in tribute to a celebrity is absolutely unacceptable. The custom of lowering the flag is reserved to pay honor to those who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country, or who have made substantial impact to this country, not the ultimate sacrifice to their own self loathing. By doing this, they are putting the two on the same level imo. Yes, she contributed to the soundtrack of most of our lives, but she also got all of the wealth and fame to go with it. Your average soldier who took one in the chest protecting his buddy, or was blown up in a convoy received much less. Our country needs to abandon this whole idea of elevating celebrities beyond actors, actresses, and musicians. That is all they are. They are not martyrs, politicians, mentors, etc, they are just celebrities. Until we pull our head out of our ass, bullshit like this will continue to happen. Just my two cents.
                      " Focus on the subtleties and the world becomes grander"

- Me-

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
                        Platinum Poster
                        • May 2008

Re:

Well said^! The end.

Comment

• nick007
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Oct 2007

^Agreed

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• 88Mariner
                            My dick is smaller
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by res0nat0r
                            you sir have perfected the art of trolling.

I've perfected the art of being a liberal.

A difference without distinction.

----PEACE-----

Comment

• clintlove
                              Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by res0nat0r
                              ^half staff. srs? pretty pathetic. sure everyone loved whitney. i remember hearing her music when i was growing up in the 90s and grew up hearing tunes off her first cd all the time, but half staff? no no no. that is very insulting. come on fat boy Chris, you know better than that. I'd expect more from you. No wonder why you didn't run for Prez.
                              I'm guessing you didn't read this part:

“Every NJ soldier who has been killed in action during my Administration had the flags lowered in their memory. Learn your facts before accusing.”

He added, “Not saying sacrifices were equivalent. Her cultural contributions to this state merit the honor, in my opinion. Sorry you disagree.” Christie further explained, “The flag being lowered for her cultural contributions as an artist & New [Jersey.] Her struggles with substance abuse are a different topic.”

Still a bad decision on his part in my opinion, although it's black history month and if he hadn't done this he'd of been ridiculed for being a racist. Headline on MSNBC "New Jersey Rep Mayor refuses to lower flag for Houston because of race."

I also had to edit the shit out of his "tweet" cause it looked like a teenage girl wrote it in fucking text speak.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

Working...