X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AchtungBaby!
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Feb 2009

Re: Maceo Plex - Essential Mix (BBC Radio1) - 18-02-2012

lol i agree with Mades AND Sbando / Vinnie... whatever idea you want do with a mix, music has to be good as a whole.. Sasha's "journeys" or this Maceo mix are different but equally good imho.. none of them are easy to do and be worldwide appreciated..

Maceo is an undeniable talent as a producer and has a long way to go to become a big name as a dj.. maybe will reach that tittle in the future, who knows..

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• vinnie97
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jul 2007

:-) I don't have any misconceptions about his "bigness" as a DJ. I did know Maetrik as a lad in Dallas who spun what he loved and to hell with the consequences. Dallas did not show him the respect he deserved...of course, he wasn't making bouncy Maceo-styled tech house back then either. ;-)

Comment

• sbando
        Going back to Romford
        • Apr 2008

On the topic of this mix, the music spans at least 15 years, maybe more.

That was the problem, maybe. Same happened to Maya J., too many things to fit into the playlist and the will to do something special (I think Maya even says so in her intro).

BUT: Seth Troxler.... The comments I read! Chaotic, can't mix, random, shit, random druggy shit. Look this up: "Ron Hardy". The DJ sure is "a white balding guy in a t-shirt", I'm fine with that. But that's not the only or true way.

I know you'll never do it, but try and listen to Theo Parrish's lecture at Red Bull Academy 2005, best clip about dance music I've ever watched.

╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
        ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
        ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
        ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• vinnie97
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jul 2007

Maybe so, but the Jon Dasilva track, for instance, sounds very much like it did in '94, just with some 4-to-the-floor bouncy bassline action. Timeless music doesn't need to be ostracized (though some of the older pics were far more obscure). Basically, the Emix has become an artist showcasing as much as it is/was a DJ mix (just see Babicz).

I know you'll never do it
          Wha? :[

That is a long clip. I don't have 3 hours this weekend but I just checked the first 10 mins and it sounds comprehensive starting with Theo's own roots.

Comment

• fatalfelix
            Platinum Poster
            • May 2008

Love this track, such a oldskool feeling

"Computer games don’t affect kids: I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Comment

• unkle
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by AchtungBaby!

Maceo is an undeniable talent as a producer and has a long way to go to become a big name as a dj.. maybe will reach that tittle in the future, who knows..

Totally agree.

Maceo is a great producer
              but, to be a great dj, takes time and
              a consistent career.

Comment

• vinnie97
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jul 2007

When you consider his Maetrik guise and the DJ work he's done under that alias, he definitely qualifies as a great DJ as far as I'm concerned. That's how he started back in the early 90s ffs.

Comment

• sbando
                  Going back to Romford
                  • Apr 2008

Great upload, Felix.
                  ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                  ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                  ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                  ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• fatalfelix
                    Platinum Poster
                    • May 2008

Thnx, I also have that one on repeat .
                    "Computer games don’t affect kids: I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Comment

• vinnie97
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jul 2007

Indeed. And here's my reciprocated upload of the inspiring track as it sounded in 1994:

Comment

• fatalfelix
                        Platinum Poster
                        • May 2008

Nice one, can't wait to get this vibe back in "12 .

Comment

• AntonyM
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Oct 2004

Finding out odd Maetrik has been playing such a long time as maetrik, bit has only really caught on as MP, he's been dropping theae .sounds for at least a decade
                          Originally posted by Shpira
                          So came back last night...
                          Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                          Originally posted by Illuminate
                          Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                          2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                          3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                          4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

Working...