X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AbsoluteFahrenheit
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jun 2004

Absolute Fahrenheit - Set Your Table Mix

I am pleased to release my first ever DJ mix, available for download featuring all original tracks and remixes produced by me. It is a combination of about 4 months worth of work; from track production to mastering to the actual DJ mix.

The journey takes you from a gentle beginning to more intense hard beats to some nice vocals towards the end. The mix has a light and dark flavor, a progressive trance feel, but nothing bubble-gum about it. I like the middle section of the mix the most, where it is a little more dark and deep with screaming synths.

I am new to DJing (about two months), so there are one or two technical errors in the mix, but nothing disastrous. I was so pleased with it, I just had to release it as is. Some of the mixes turned out really great. Most mixes are about 1mn:30s in length.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Some interesting points:
    ? Used DJ Traktor Studio Software to make this mix
    ? I did the vocals stabs on Remember Beautiful Forever Track
    ? Find the Crickets hidden in one of the tracks?

Set Your Table Mix (with mix points):
    00mn:00s Absolute Fahrenheit ? Inspirational
    06mn:30s Sasha ? Wavy Gravy (Absolute Fahrenheit Remix)
    13mn:05s Absolute Fahrenheit ? Awake as Ever
    18mn:15s Absolute Fahrenheit ? Don?t Ever Stop
    24mn:45s Momu ? Audro (Absolute Fahrenheit Remix)
    31mn:05s Absolute Fahrenheit ? Cloudy Day
    37mn:15s Absolute Fahrenheit ? Get Over Here
    43mn:05s Absolute Fahrenheit ? Styoopa
    49mn:23s Absolute Fahrenheit ? Failure is not an option
    55mn:52s Coast-to-Coast ? Home (Absolute Fahrenheit Remix)
    64mn:51s Absolute Fahrenheit ? Remember Beautiful Forever (Vocal Stabs By AF)
    71mn:31s Absolute Fahrenheit ? Reserve Power

79mn:18s Total

Download MP3
    Approx. 75 megs
    (Right Click, Save Target As...):

Special Thanks to my good friend Charlie at Ravecore.net for hosting the file.
  • robprunzit
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Really appreciate your mix. Will listen soon. Thanks!
    AT THE FORK, TAKE THE RIGHT DIRECTION

www.myspace.com/robroyfamily

Comment

• Quadlow
      Getting warmed up
      • Jun 2004

I have had the pleasure of hearing many of todds tracks in the past and listening to this mix was also a pleasure. Even though some of the tracks dont exactly jump out and say love me, they have an uniqueness about them that makes you want to keep listening for new sounds and grooves. You have to appreciate all the work that has been done to create this material. This is not a dj taking tracks that other people have created and mixing them...this is a producer...making original material...displaying it in an excellent fashion...on his first attempt...well done my friend, well done.
      Upcoming Events:
      Mar 20 | Mathias Matthew @ Bside (Milwaukee)
      Mar 25 |Prism @ Debonair Featuring John Patterson
      April 8 | Tim Baker & Migrashun @ Martini Ranch
      May 8 | Sarah Goldfarb & Luke Hess @ Vision
      Jun 4 | DJ Koze @ Smart Bar Chicago
      Jul 9 | James Holden (DJ Kick Tour) @ Smart Bar

Comment

• CHiEF_N
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

Thanks for sharing! Will download when I get home from work.
        ^Existing Extraordinarily^

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Mahatma Ghandi~

Comment

• Theodore+
          Getting warmed up
          • Jun 2004

Thanks for the link... it's look good tunes
          Theodore+ : Progressive sounds, http://www.tcbart.com

Comment

• qwerty2222
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

best wishes for your first mix
            you are a dj or a producer because from what i read u made most of the tracks and the mix was done on a computer
            so i wonder if you are a dj, why didnt you make your mix the old fashion way on the turntables?
            most dj find that more exciting because with a computer, you dont really mix

Comment

• AbsoluteFahrenheit
              Fresh Peossy
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by qwerty2222
              best wishes for your first mix
              you are a dj or a producer because from what i read u made most of the tracks and the mix was done on a computer
              so i wonder if you are a dj, why didnt you make your mix the old fashion way on the turntables?
              most dj find that more exciting because with a computer, you dont really mix
              Thanks for the wishes. I am a producer first, then a DJ. Been producing for 9 years, just started messing around with mixing a couple of months ago.

It is true I mixed all of my tracks together on the computer using DJ Traktor Studio, but that is only because I don't have the gear yet to do my mixing the old fashioned way, on a turntable or a CDJ. (plus I don't have the cash just yet to make 12 differnt vinyl presses for the tracks I created/remixed). You still mix on the computer same way with the real thing. I have EQ's, cross-fader, gain, filters, and loops with the software. So yes that is mixing. I have the software linked to MIDI controller, so I am doing things with a real object, not software and a mouse.

I understand people want to see mixing with vinyl, and I am down with that. But keep in mind, there are other technologies and tools out there that can compliment a set other than turntables.

Comment

• nsite
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

once again, leave the design to the people who know how to do it please. :?
                ...I love you when you're not masterminding my downfall

Comment

• AbsoluteFahrenheit
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by nsite
                  once again, leave the design to the people who know how to do it please. :?
                  What? Are you offering? Please post a link to your portfolio.

Comment

• nsite
                    Addiction started
                    • Jun 2004

no Im not offering.

here's a few flyers I did last month...

Comment

• djway
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Jun 2004

Put a link to your desgin, this thread is about the music

AMAZING efforts to remix/create so many tracks getting this now. I'd expect this to be done digitally instead of off CDJ anyhow, to give the best possible outcome of each track.

--djway

Comment

• AbsoluteFahrenheit
                        Fresh Peossy
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by djway
                        Put a link to your desgin, this thread is about the music
                        Nsite~
                        Nice design work. Next time, don't slam someone else's graphic design work just because you can do better. Go work for 4 months on 9 original tracks and 3 remixes, Then mix it, and I can judge your work. LOL.

Originally posted by djway
                        AMAZING efforts to remix/create so many tracks getting this now. I'd expect this to be done digitally instead of off CDJ anyhow, to give the best possible outcome of each track.

--djway
                        Thanks for the positive feedback mate.

Cheers!

Comment

• nsite
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

okay, I dont want this to sound condisending but whatever...

I have earned the right to trash bad design. You know why? Because bad design has ruined my industry. Plus I have payed my dues for the last 8 years. Everyone and there dog with a copy of photoshop & a puter thinks they'll just whip something up and its good. Well it's not. Find someone who knows what there doing and let them portray your visual image in the light that it should be done.

To tell you the truth, just swallow your pride & do it, because if we are to judge what kind of producer/dj you are from your cd cover, my bet is your gonna suck.

BUT YOU DONT! I rather liked some of you stuff & for a 1st time album thats pretty hot shit! really. Why not find someone who will make you LOOK like the rockstar you are inevidably going to become.

Im not trying to be dick, Im just trying to save my industry one person at a time. I dont usually do this but you caught me on a wierd day.

Good luck with trax & I'll be damned if I pick on up some day and the name plate is designed well! :wink:

Comment

• AbsoluteFahrenheit
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • Jun 2004

Nsite!

Appreciate your feedback and your comments bro, seriously. I was looking for your reasoning as why you said what you said, and now I know. That is what I wanted.

And yes, I agree with you on my design, that is something I never thought of, and you have made me to start looking for a graphic designer / web person to help refine my image from a design standpoint. Not one person can do everything (even though I want to think so). You can have great music, but with no REAL marketing / design backing it up...chances are you won't be noticed. I see that now...

Thanks for your comments on my music and thanks for being REAL.

Peace and Respect to you.

Comment

• nsite
                              Addiction started
                              • Jun 2004

you never get a second chance to make a first impression. I can tell with the way you handle criticism, you will evolve & adapt & be just fine!

keep up the good work bro.

Comment

Working...