A peice of Chicago House Music History (now multiple)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

A peice of Chicago House Music History (now multiple)

Vinny Divine Radio Show WNUR 11-86

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

from Derrick Carter -

A piece of underground Chicago history!
    Vinny Divine (Vincent Long) was a member of The Children and Laurent X and used to have a radio show on WNUR on Monday nights, I think. Anyway, a little known fact was that he was one of Symbols & Instruments first engineers and helped man the boards during the recording of "Science Of Numbers" for our KMS/Network EP. He was also a resident DJ at the Factory and other spots around town. This was recorded from the radio while I was still in high school and I listened to this mix nonstop for about a year 'cause it's got some goodies on it. My personal fav being the unreleased "I Can't Turn Around" demo he mixed into Virgo Trax. Also making appearances are Steve "Work That Mutherfucker" Poindexter and Greg "The Master". Learn it.

1986!! mfrs
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

• griffin
    Getting Somewhere
    • Nov 2005

Re: A peice of Chicago House Music History

nice! dling...

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
      • Jun 2004

Re: A peice of Chicago House Music History

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

derrick just put this up too - Farley in '88
      ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• 88Mariner
        My dick is smaller
        • Nov 2006

Re: A peice of Chicago House Music History (now two peices)

wow, this has made my weekend. thanks guise!
        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
          • Jun 2004

Re: A peice of Chicago House Music History (now two peices)

derrick keeps posting 'em!

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
            • Jun 2004

Re: A peice of Chicago House Music History (now multiple)

edit: wrong thread dumbass

Comment

Working...