• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Illuminate
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Aug 2009

What are you views about Drugs?

No seriously.

As this is an EDM forum, you would think most people would have come across/experienced etc. on this issue.

The reason why I'm interested all of a sudden is a friend of mine is conducting a research through our university on trialing an ecstasy check up sessions with subsequent users.

Check it out here.

The trial aims to assist the individual to minimise consumption through a psychological basis, which honestly can't seem to think how that would work. That's all the info that was said so far as it's all hush-hush.

It's not such a tabooed subject as it once was, and I can definitely say that the average user is becoming younger in age.

Personally I've experimented here or there. but never really got into anything majorly. Apart from the occasional I joint to help relax, write and deal with the Mrs. But really never really found an amusement for the myriad of things available out there.

I always found it amusing to think of how governments deal with this issue.

So what are your thoughts?

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
    Sbando
    - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
    Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
    Bob
    "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
    the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
    KiwiTollway

• foreks
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Re: What are you views about Drugs?

drugs are for weenies.

Comment

• xellsys
      Gold Gabber
      • Jan 2010

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
        Anyone have Styx livesets?
        • Jun 2004

don't forget there is at least one (former?) police officer on the forum.

But go right ahead and share
        ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Moar

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

There are pro's and con's. I know a guy who did a lot and suffered a lot. I know a guy who did a little and seemed to benefit. I know a guy who didn't do any and probably could use some .

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• sbando
              Going back to Romford
              • Apr 2008

1) Moar

2) There are drugs that can make you feel great and special, what's wrong with that?
              ╔══╗............/\_Έ_/\
              ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
              ╔╝(―`v΄―).......ღ***ღ.*
              ╚══`.Έ. ...:::.(―`•\|/•΄―) ☆*゚

Comment

• 3ibb3
                Gold Gabber
                • Jul 2005

to each his own,

if used to enhance the moment then it can be fun

if used to make the moment than your in trouble.

Comment

• dusk
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

Is this a re-run?
                  ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• sbando
                    Going back to Romford
                    • Apr 2008

How do we know, we're all on drugs.
                    ╔══╗............/\_Έ_/\
                    ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                    ╔╝(―`v΄―).......ღ***ღ.*
                    ╚══`.Έ. ...:::.(―`•\|/•΄―) ☆*゚

Comment

• Kat
                      A pretty fn good milkshake
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by floridaorange
                      There are pro's and con's. I know a guy who did a lot and suffered a lot. I know a guy who did a little and seemed to benefit. I know a guy who didn't do any and probably could use some .
                      ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• simonr
                        Transitionator
                        • Jun 2004

I've dabbled ... and had some amazing, amazing, amazing, drug-fuelled nights over many years ... plus some nights, where the chase of the drug & that high has made things a 'meh' night. All things in moderation and please be sensible-ish.

The amazing nights on the (cough) less-legal substances with friends will live with our group forever ... the flipside ? Some friends have been lost forever to this mortal coil through dugs (RIP) ... it gives me a sense of perspective

These days its pretty much a few drinks only - in many respects its makes me closer to the music - the shit stuff sounds worse (lol), hence why I just go out to see quality DJs playing the music that expands my musical horizons and the reduced fucked-up-ed-ness makes me appreciate the craft and music more

My advice ? Life is there for living & appreciation .....

Approach with caution, quality counts, enjoy yourself, but dont (FFS) abdicate common sense & responsibility :P
                        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Alpinevpr
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Jun 2004

I honestly feel that when it comes to drugs to each their own. What Simon said is actually much the same way I feel kind of. Personally I pop a painkiller if it's available and have a beer or shots and then ride the high. It isn't something that controls my life though. If someone said I'd never be able to recreationally use painkillers again, I wouldn't contemplate suicide.

I've had friends addicted to the harder stuff that when they finally got off they look back and the days and nights are filled with regret. I have a friend who loves golf and is damn good at it and while they were on drugs sold their golf clubs for $400 to get high. Mind you they cost over 3 grand. Another friend had to leave the state to get off and away from them and I haven't hear from them since. Honestly drugs took 2 great friends of mine and really haven't given them back.

As weird as this sounds after that information, if someone wants to experiment, go for it. Make sure it's in an environment they feel safe in and with people who will care if something goes wrong. However I will always ALWAYS draw the line on drug usage (including alcohol) when it takes over who you are.

I also feel that when it comes to drugs and their usage parents, siblings and government (tread lightly with that one) should educate better rather than bring down the iron hammer. I feel that alcohol abuse in any country outside of America is so low because of the education that parents and society give to their adolescents. Here in America it's 21 or jail and rarely do you hear of parents who teach responsibilty over abstaining.

When I finally have kids, I'd like to think that I'll be able to educate them into being responsible while at the same time still being a parent. That however is what makes parenting so difficult.

Comment

• fatalfelix
                            Platinum Poster
                            • May 2008

In my opinion there's nothing wrong with drugs when you use it wise and for fun a few times a year. In my opinion there's something wrong with the government. I mean: you can drink every weekend, but when you smoke some pot they say you have serious problems? C'mon. open your eyes.
                            Last edited by fatalfelix; March 16, 2012, 09:26:48 AM.
                            "Computer games don’t affect kids: I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Comment

• tiddles
                              Encryption, Jr.
                              • Jun 2004

colon rollin'

Comment

Working...