X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: What are you views about Drugs?

Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on, drugs being just one or the least of it.

My experiences with drugs have been recreational and mostly benign with the bad trips here and there. But even with the bad, I've come away taking onboard lessons, so on the whole I've found drugs to be reflective and conducive to who I am now. Of course having the best friends is an undeniable contribution.

At the same time, I'm quite an emotional and neurotic person even before drugs, and I'm pretty sure the worst times I've gone through, those have been exacerbated because of the drugs (well, duh). I have to also wonder if my lousy short term memory is due to the drugs or simple age.

But in the end I survived the drug years to walk away, I'm actually very functional and good at what I do at work (but the possibly drug-enhanced neurosis and insecurity is still there!) and as with life experiences, these have given me different perspectives.

Interestingly enough the last time I was amongst an afterparty binge, I held back on partaking thinking I'd rather spend the day with my girlfriend then than waste it comatose in bed. It was a very interesting shift in priorities for me and I assumed those days are finally running its course and age is moving me on to other stuff in life.

I'm also a proponent of education and minimisation and gave my brother his first pill. He explored it and other stuff for a bit but have since moved on as well.

So out of all this. I think drugs are a stage in life if you're so inclined, worth exploring, can be bad or good, and I'd do it all again!

The more worrying problems are alcohol and smoking!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by feather
      also wonder if my lousy short term memory is due to the drugs or simple age.
      What are you in your 50's?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

36 in Oct

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by feather
          36 in Oct

Yep, it's the drugs then .

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• AntonyM
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Oct 2004

Is this question a repost from the 15 other times someone has requested views on drug use which always results in someone being too pro or anti against drug, backlash ensues, then followed with up threads regarding how big of a douche Tiesto is as a DJ, and musings of hazy weekends since past mock DJing over toilet seat covers while on acid in the Men's loo. All I know is that DRUGS ARE HABIT FORMING, just a matter of whether drugs are a habit to the individual worth considering and the older I get the longer it takes to recover.
            The 20's Party: No Sleep, 30's Party: Wonder About All the Sleep Lost in 20's, 40's Party: Leave Early and Go Home Trying to Recover from All the Sleep Lost in 20's and 30's.
            Originally posted by Shpira
            So came back last night...
            Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
            Originally posted by Illuminate
            Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
            2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
            3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
            4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• nick007
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Oct 2007

the older I get the longer it takes to recover.

This for sure - and thats just on the booze

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by AntonyM
                Is this question a repost from the 15 other times someone has requested views on drug use which always results in someone being too pro or anti against drug, backlash ensues, then followed with up threads regarding how big of a douche Tiesto is as a DJ, and musings of hazy weekends since past mock DJing over toilet seat covers while on acid in the Men's loo. All I know is that DRUGS ARE HABIT FORMING, just a matter of whether drugs are a habit to the individual worth considering and the older I get the longer it takes to recover.
                The 20's Party: No Sleep, 30's Party: Wonder About All the Sleep Lost in 20's, 40's Party: Leave Early and Go Home Trying to Recover from All the Sleep Lost in 20's and 30's.

Comment

• poults
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Nov 2006

I love how the web filter works at work, click on views about drugs thread, opens fine, click on what time is it thread, access denied

ejejejejejejejejeje!!!!! you always delivering some good dogs shits !!! thankyou

Comment

• mnbvcxz
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Feb 2006

---
                    Last edited by mnbvcxz; May 14, 2021, 01:01:21 AM.

Comment

• srbbnd
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jul 2005

drugs are awesome in moderation depending on the drug
                      www.bestfilmsofthe20thcentury.com/

www.forwardthinkingproduction.com/

Comment

Working...