• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Re: Supreme Court to weigh in on Obamacare

Originally posted by floridaorange
    Yah we should just keep the broken system in place as is. ^I can tell by reading your post that you've read a lot of books, but have you worked in healthcare legislation (my sister has) or have you sold insurance (i have). The system is f*cked.
    It's fucked? Right. It's fucked alright. Because the government must put its grubby mitts all over that industry. Like it does every other fucking industry.

I don't need to hawk insurance to folks or spend weeks taking orders from a boss on how to craft wording to see the effects.

Or do it?

Do I need to be a soldier to stand against or for war?

No.

And the solution is NOT to hand it over to a bureaucratic nightmare. Because that's exactly what will happen. You seem to think things will work handy dandy like it does in the homogenous european countries, but guess what, there is going to be a very LONG period of bloodletting where LOTS of people get fucked over. And that's the best case scenario for this money pit.

we can't even fund social security for another decade ffs. what makes you think this is ideal.

fucking lol.
    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• res0nat0r
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • May 2006

From the sounds of the debate today this sounds like it is going to get shot down....but you never know, there is going to be a lot of internal debating over the next 3 months.

Good job America on not doing shit to get anything actually fixed. Good thing I make enough money and shouldn't give a shit, but we are still going to be the huge lol to most of Europe when they see how retarded we are, since even keeping things the way we are now is still a shitpile.

Comment

• vinnie97
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jul 2007

Mariner, one reason we can't fund SS is because the govt. has regularly stolen from the fund...and they want to create another money pit that we're supposed to expect them to be financial stewards over? Right.

Comment

• 88Mariner
          My dick is smaller
          • Nov 2006

^I'm not sure about 'stolen' per se.

It seems to me that they think there will be infinite growth in population, value, and wealth creation. So, they're not really stealing as a factual matter, they're simply kicking the can down the road.

But they are stealing from future generations (and even the present teenagers who, if they are even lucky enough to have a jarb, will be putting money into this benefits regime without probably getting any benefit from it down the road).
          you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

----PEACE-----

Comment

• 88Mariner
            My dick is smaller
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by res0nat0r
            From the sounds of the debate today this sounds like it is going to get shot down....but you never know, there is going to be a lot of internal debating over the next 3 months.

Good job America on not doing shit to get anything actually fixed. Good thing I make enough money and shouldn't give a shit, but we are still going to be the huge lol to most of Europe when they see how retarded we are, since even keeping things the way we are now is still a shitpile.
            The last major economic legislation that was shot down by SCOTUS was what, in the 1930's or something? It's very possible they could rule the mandate clause unconstitutional but find that this clause is severable from the rest of it, effectively leaving a legislative largesse without a funding mechanism. Personally, this would be very funny as an outcome.

Europe is not in any position to laugh.

Maybe we should start a whole new thread about the future of Europe?

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
              Anyone have Styx livesets?
              • Jun 2004

The US 'healthcare' system is so messed up its quite incredible.

It only works if you have lots of money and are well.

The children's hospitals - that do truly amazing things to help children survive and recover - only exist due to Millions that are donated every year.

Melody Barnes says the health care act offers peace of mind for families. Those who want it repealed have no credible alternatives.
              Last edited by Huggie Smiles; March 29, 2012, 05:44:14 PM.
              ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• vinnie97
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by 88Mariner
                ^I'm not sure about 'stolen' per se.

It seems to me that they think there will be infinite growth in population, value, and wealth creation. So, they're not really stealing as a factual matter, they're simply kicking the can down the road.

But they are stealing from future generations (and even the present teenagers who, if they are even lucky enough to have a jarb, will be putting money into this benefits regime without probably getting any benefit from it down the road).
                Right, it just has the same effect. That's basically how this new law was written, and it's how the CBO estimates costs, based on growth that may or may not come.

Comment

• Illuminate
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Aug 2009

Has anyone actually looked at the numbers?

More so is this a skit?

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                  Sbando
                  - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                  Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                  Bob
                  "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                  the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                  KiwiTollway

Comment

• vinnie97
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jul 2007

*crickets*

Nothing should come as a surprise anymore. <sarc> It's astonishing to hear that even with everyone paying into the system, that it will prove once again to be nothing but a money pit. </sarc> Some here are still going ape for this bureaucratic, liberty-stifling nightmare.

Comment

• Illuminate
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by vinnie97
                      *crickets*
                      Just Politics in general.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                      Sbando
                      - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                      Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                      Bob
                      "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                      the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                      KiwiTollway

Comment

• vinnie97
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jul 2007

Yes, but why would skyrocketing costs associated with a bill that is 2700 pages long come as any surprise?

Let's hear what the GAO says.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • May 2006

You think a big bill such as that in Washington is supposed to be the size of an issue of Newsweek? Red herring....

Comment

Working...