• Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Review on Hernan and SoundExile's Japanese Snowbell

Hernan-Cattaneo-and-SoundExile-Japanese-Snowbell.jpg

Hernan Cattaneo & SoundExile "Japanese Snowbell"
    Forthcoming on Sudbeat | 3/28/2012Since his seminal "Deep Funk" hit released on Perfecto back in 2001, Hernan Cattaneo has become one of the top 3 Progressive House DJ worldwide. Heīs one of the rare DJ & Producer who has managed, through the last 10 years, to stay true to the Progressive Sound without being trapped & stalling into producing the same sound over & over.Hernan perfected & developed his sound through the years & each time he releases something new, you can be sure thereīs something great to be found.Lately, heīs been putting great tracks after great tracks, through his collaborations with Buenos Aires duo "SoundExile" - aka Oliverio Sofia & Pablo Alejandro "Baunder" Carr. Their lastest offering, on HernanīSud Beat label is named "Japanese Snowbell" & letīs say it now: this release wonīt disappoint.The Original mix is the trademark Hernan & SoundExile sound: housy, groovy & hypnotic. Perfectly produced & building up toward a short gimmicky japan infused bells melodic line, this is Progressive House as a lot of us like it: using melodies in subtle ways.First remix of the track is delivered by INFUSION superstar Jamie Stevens & here again, itīs pure quality. Jamie Stevens takes the track toward a more progressive tech sound, as heīs known for, with a heavy start made around short & insisting loops. The breakdown uses more of the original melodic parts before the track returns to its stripped out, techy roots & a driving final. An excellent remix for sure, taking the already great original to another level.Second remix comes from another well known Argentinian: Manuel Sofia. His remix explores the more deep side of Progressive while still keeping the tempo high. Less of a peak time monster but providing the release with a track variation to use in earlier sets.Another great release for SudBeat - our final pick being the Jamie Stevens Remix - proving that Progressive House is still around & kicking!

http://www.progressive-sounds.com/Music-Reviews/Hernan-Cattaneo-and-SoundExile-Japanese-Snowbell.asp

http://soundcloud.com/hernancattaneo/sets/sb025-japanese-snowbell/
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies
  • dig72
    Gold Gabber
    • Nov 2004

Re: Review on Hernan and SoundExile's Japanese Snowbell

Japanese Snowbell is a great track and as usual, Jamie Stevens got his hands on it and turned into an absolute monster.

Oh what I would give to hear this track played out in a dark club.
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
    Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Err You should have come out Friday night!! Pappa played Jamie's while Jamie was there. He was standing next to me as a matter of fact. The club wasn't dark enough though.
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• dig72
        Gold Gabber
        • Nov 2004

I thought we were friends.
        “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
        Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

I did tell you I was going

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by dig72
            I thought we were friends.
            If it makes you feel better, you can buy this now. It snuck up on us !!

"Hernan Cattaneo, Soundexile - Japanese Snowbell [Sudbeat Music]" | Find the latest releases here | #1 source for DJ Sets and more

Comment

• dig72
              Gold Gabber
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by DIDI
              I did tell you I was going
              Yep, you sure did and it sounded like you had fun. My comment was an attempt at humour, which would've worked heaps better in person. Will try it again the next time we meet.

Will grab the the Jamie Stevens remix for sure, I simply love what he does with it.
              Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

I did take it as humour, but you have to use emoticons more I just bought them all, play the one that fits my mood at the time

Btw you are coming next week ??

Comment

• ganjamo
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jan 2006

w00t, seeing hernan tomorrow for an extended set. What an awesome end for the summer season
                  Dont panic, its organic.

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

I think I hate you.

Comment

• ganjamo
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jan 2006

DI he played from 2am untill 8am

Heres a little vid I recorded.

btw thats josalo on the front row clapping like a mad man
                      Dont panic, its organic.

Comment

• Hoff
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Aug 2009

that's a huge infinite missile

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ganjamo
                          DI he played from 2am untill 8am

Heres a little vid I recorded.

btw thats josalo on the front row clapping like a mad man
                          Ok I don't hate you anymore Thank you !!

Comment

Working...