• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Europe's Future

It's an oxymoron. Perhaps you disagree?

you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----
  • Yao
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Europe's Future

As a Dutch European I HOPE it's an oxymoron, I'm getting really tired and annoyed with the whole experiment that is taking place over our backs. It's funny how the people in Brussels think they are creating something for the benefit of all Europeans, while the common man has since long given up on even trying to understand it -but maybe that's exactly what they're aiming for. If no-one gives a shit, you can do pretty much whatever you like, no?

They call it a democracy but is has become the dictatorship of a few over many, "Brussels" is disconnected from who they are supposed to represent. It's not only showing in their politics and policies, I have a good female friend who quit her internship as an assistento to an Europarliamentarian because she couldn't stand the way her colleagues were talking about people in the streets. They literally consider themselves part of some special social "class", it's disgusting.

As for the euro-crisis: the UK and Switzerland recognized in an early phase that it could only exist in a political union, de facto meaning less or even no sovereignty for the participating countries. So they were smart and opted out, because there is no ground for European countries with all their diverse histories and cultures to act as a homogenous political and cultural body.

I hope Greece exits and the euro fails. And if it remains, it should be restricted to countries that are already politically, economically and culturally alinged, such as Germany and Holland and a few other northern european countries.

Another reason by the way is our government squeezing us out of our money yet again for some 15bln in austerity measures, but having no problem shipping 40-fucking-billion to Greece, effectively supporting a country that has a high corruption rate, the lowest tax-collection rate in Europe, gives it's govt officials 14 months worth of salary and benefits, has more Porsche Cayennes than registered people with a yearly income of >50K and has now decided to give Europe the finger by voting NOT to subject itself to austerity measures but still wants the huge bailout I am paying for.

Do I sound pissed off?

That's because I am.
    Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• THE_LIGHT
      MCast Resident DJ
      • Jun 2004

^^^^ right there with on this Yao.. love you man!!!!

Comment

• 88Mariner
        My dick is smaller
        • Nov 2006

" . . . one Eurobond to rule them all . . . "
        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Illuminate
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Aug 2009

Well put Nigel.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
          Sbando
          - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
          Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
          Bob
          "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
          the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
          KiwiTollway

Comment

• Yao
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

I love Farage, never afraid to say how he sees it -wether you agree or diagree with him.
            Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• ace_dl
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

One thing is for sure. This crisis has spread hatred among the people of Europe and the Media have done a great job manipulating the people in maintaining a certain attitude towards Greeks, Spaniards, Italians, Germans etc.

I would not like to go into details of how i am being treated while I am abroad ... always being told that I do not pay may taxes, that my parents have stolen the State in order to retire at the age of 45, that we should sell Acropolis and our Islands. Utter Bollocks!
              Those collective accussations have to stop. The mojority of the workforce pay their taxes and have no choice in what is being taken from the State. The majority of Greeks have to live on 600-700 euros and these are ordinary citizens who have not ripped anyone off and do not have future for their children. It is of course everyone's fault. Greeks for voting the same tossers every bloody time, politicians for being corrupted, Bankers and financial Institutions for gambling and doing everything they can to push the country to default, those rating fucking agencies who have not been elected by any credible Authorities and play with countries' Economies.

It is the future of the Banks and the Financial Institutions that matters most nowadays. Every day, 1000 people lose their job. Students pass out in schools cause their parents cannot provide them with the basic breakfast. I see on a daily basis people queue outside the church to get some bread and some lunch.

Of course I do not expect anyone from Northern Europe or anywhere else to pay what corrupted governments in close cooperation with big Enterprises from all over Europe have spent and stolen for so many years. Those Bailout money are entirely destined to save Banks - they are not in any way reaching Greek or Spanish or Italians ot Portuguese people. It is also important to note that there is a substantial - very high interest to the donor countries.

One more last thing. I say NO to the continuous bullying and abuse of young and unemployed people, workers and pensioners whenever and wherever those Austerity measures are being imposed, just to protect the Banks, the rich, the Enterprises and the Capital.
              Speakman Sound - Hold the Line

Comment

• herogee
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

^ Well said mate.
                If you're fond of sand dunes and salty air,
                quaint little villages here and there ...

Comment

• 88Mariner
                  My dick is smaller
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by ace_dl
                  One thing is for sure. This crisis has spread hatred among the people of Europe and the Media have done a great job manipulating the people in maintaining a certain attitude towards Greeks, Spaniards, Italians, Germans etc.

I would not like to go into details of how i am being treated while I am abroad ... always being told that I do not pay may taxes, that my parents have stolen the State in order to retire at the age of 45, that we should sell Acropolis and our Islands. Utter Bollocks!
                  Those collective accussations have to stop. The mojority of the workforce pay their taxes and have no choice in what is being taken from the State. The majority of Greeks have to live on 600-700 euros and these are ordinary citizens who have not ripped anyone off and do not have future for their children. It is of course everyone's fault. Greeks for voting the same tossers every bloody time, politicians for being corrupted, Bankers and financial Institutions for gambling and doing everything they can to push the country to default, those rating fucking agencies who have not been elected by any credible Authorities and play with countries' Economies.

It is the future of the Banks and the Financial Institutions that matters most nowadays. Every day, 1000 people lose their job. Students pass out in schools cause their parents cannot provide them with the basic breakfast. I see on a daily basis people queue outside the church to get some bread and some lunch.

Of course I do not expect anyone from Northern Europe or anywhere else to pay what corrupted governments in close cooperation with big Enterprises from all over Europe have spent and stolen for so many years. Those Bailout money are entirely destined to save Banks - they are not in any way reaching Greek or Spanish or Italians ot Portuguese people. It is also important to note that there is a substantial - very high interest to the donor countries.

One more last thing. I say NO to the continuous bullying and abuse of young and unemployed people, workers and pensioners whenever and wherever those Austerity measures are being imposed, just to protect the Banks, the rich, the Enterprises and the Capital.
                  well that sucks. i suppose everyone is going to remain unemployed indefinitely after anyone who might even have an inkling of opening a business may as well just not do so.

----PEACE-----

Comment

Working...