This is really pissing me off (Technical Question)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MJDub
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Damn that's a helluva price. I'm paying like 50 bucks a month for what I have which is something like 1200/128. However, I have a home network setup through the phonelines in my house, so if I change to cable, I have to rearrange everything.
    http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• herogee
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Err ... rookie question here but I didn't want to miss this chance:

What is meant by "uncapping the cable modem"?

If you're fond of sand dunes and salty air,
      quaint little villages here and there ...

Comment

• asdf_admin
        i use to be important
        • Jun 2004

What is meant by "uncapping the cable modem"?
        depends. it can mean you go over the mb monthly limit. or you get full blown speeds ... no 3mb, but the fiber speed itself. both are bullshit. they know either way, they just wait to crack you on head with a fucking dirty whore bottle of California wine, and tell you not to do that because they want your money so they become the number 1 fucking ass rapist in the nation. i love you fucking corporate America, my asshole is waiting.
        dead, yet alive.

Comment

• Pataky P
          asdf_imo
          • Jun 2004

Comment

• neoee
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Well since we were already on this subject:

From slashdot.org:

Tuxedo Jack writes "The Register reports that SBC has begun planning a massive network upgrade which will push fiber connections deeper into subdivisions and neighborhoods than before, resulting in incredibly fast DSL speeds for home users. Their current estimate for down/up speeds are 15-25mb/s down and 1-3mb/s up (mega_bits_, not bytes). SBC's press release goes into depth about this."
            "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...