X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sbando
    Going back to Romford
    • Apr 2008

Re: Sharing sets: A modest proposal

Same as today with Megaupload then . I think your Dropbox (or the new Google equivalent) integration could solve the day to day operations, people requires working links. As for the long haul, I think Dropbox offers REMOTE UPLOAD as an option, or fxp.

At present, Russian hosters rule the warez world. They may be gone later today. But Rapidshare is back on track, for instance. FileFactory that Chris is using (+traffic share) seems to be working great.
    ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
    ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
    ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
    ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• res0nat0r
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • May 2006

Mediafire

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

I always liked Mediafire.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• sbando
          Going back to Romford
          • Apr 2008

Yes, my first option, Pro offers traffic share (no waits). Ideal would be a cloud (DP and similar) for easy linking (the cloud would be the ms hard-drive), then remote upload to mediafire for storing.
          ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
          ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
          ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Given the volume P&R sees, I'm skeptical if any cloud service can handle our shares without costs becoming exorbitant?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• sbando
              Going back to Romford
              • Apr 2008

No, the hoster would provide the disk space, 1 Pro account with Share and remote upload.

A dropbox on your pc with standard diskspace (free) for short-term linkage by the users (no $ spent).

Then a mod or a script if possible would create a permalink on Media, File Factory, RS. I don't know if drpbox is still synched with hosters, like it used to do with FileSonic.
              ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
              ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
              ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• josalo
                Addiction started
                • Apr 2008

Mediafire is no longer suitability for long term
                "superdeepsexyhypergroovalicioustrpfunkhousevi bes"

Comment

• res0nat0r
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by josalo
                  why not? I have a few cattaneo links I posted almost 2 years ago that are still active on there. Granted stuff that isn't downloaded for months will expire, but who cares if it isn't that popular someone else here can just reup it if a request comes in. Mediafire is my fav file locker svc since it is the quickest for me and doesn't have annoying ads and wait times. But they could get shutdown anytime too...

Comment

• sbando
                    Going back to Romford
                    • Apr 2008

Oh, Jebus. Pro account: no expiration.

Everything must pass, a meteor hits us, we're not even history, everything ends.

You MAKE me agree with Adam, nothing will happen out of this, two or three people (including us two) max.

Anyway, next month I'll go Soundcloud Pro Plus, for EWTBTDJ, The Raccoon Boy, Transitions AND [MS].

Anyone who will support me even with 5$ donations, will have access to it, direct or indirect. Friends (Si, Garry, Hoff, ETC) who also posts sets, are in. House DJs, Alex, Ribs, Juice et everybody else, with no longer have to deal with account restriction and lose sets.

Different material can be ordered as "Sets".
                    ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                    ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                    ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by josalo
                      Why do you say that. ??? Mediafire are innovating all the time, in fact I think they are doing the things suggested on this thread. Check out their blog . I have had some dealings with them recently and they have been amazingly good.!! They are probably more careful than most about illegal stuff, but I like that! Even when I suffer for it They do have a mechanism to fight specious claims of copyright infringement. No file sharing site is going to be perfect, but Mediafire sure try hard

I have links there that I put up when I joined them just after they started up. If you have a pro account , the only time they will remove stuff is if there is a complaint , and they keep you informed. I think they are wonderful !!

Just checked I joined the same month they started up October 2006. They have come a long way since then
                      Originally posted by TheVrk
                      it IS incredible isn't it??
                      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• res0nat0r
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by sbando
                        Oh, Jebus. Pro account: no expiration.

Everything must pass, a meteor hits us, we're not even history, everything ends.

You MAKE me agree with Adam, nothing will happen out of this, two or three people (including us two) max.

Anyway, next month I'll go Soundcloud Pro Plus, for EWTBTDJ, The Raccoon Boy, Transitions AND [MS].

Anyone who will support me even with 5$ donations, will have access to it, direct or indirect. Friends (Si, Garry, Hoff, ETC) who also posts sets, are in. House DJs, Alex, Ribs, Juice et everybody else, with no longer have to deal with account restriction and lose sets.

Different material can be ordered as "Sets".
                        Whats this?

I'd have no problem throwing in on a Soundcloud Pro account. It would be sweet and unlimited uploads with ppl using the dropbox interface. The main thing would be just creating 'sets' and keeping all the incoming shit organized.

I don't think we could do anything to restrict downloads to MS referrer links though, so everyone would be able to leech the shit out of everything and cross-post links to other forums etc.

Comment

• josalo
                          Addiction started
                          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by DIDI
                          Why do you say that. ??? Mediafire are innovating all the time, in fact I think they are doing the things suggested on this thread. Check out their blog . I have had some dealings with them recently and they have been amazingly good.!! They are probably more careful than most about illegal stuff, but I like that! Even when I suffer for it They do have a mechanism to fight specious claims of copyright infringement. No file sharing site is going to be perfect, but Mediafire sure try hard

I have links there that I put up when I joined them just after they started up. If you have a pro account , the only time they will remove stuff is if there is a complaint , and they keep you informed. I think they are wonderful !!

Just checked I joined the same month they started up October 2006. They have come a long way since then
                          I 100% agree with the great mediafire's service, i have no complain about it. What I'm care of is the long run sustainability. I mean, are u 100% sure in 5 years mediafire wil be up?

IMO, i dont think so. PIPA, SOPA or any crazy act could close it easily.

Best solutions, FTP
                          "superdeepsexyhypergroovalicioustrpfunkhousevi bes"

Comment

• sbando
                            Going back to Romford
                            • Apr 2008

Same with Megaupload then .

Of course a server space or even a dedicated server are the best solutions, but who'll be paying?
                            ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                            ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                            ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• threehills
                              I heart Lollergirl
                              • Jun 2005

Google Drive? They should be around in 5 years.
                              It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• sbando
                                Going back to Romford
                                • Apr 2008

Probably, but that isn't exactly the point here, isn't it. I know that nothing will come out of this, it's just for chatting with you mates.
                                ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                                ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                                ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

Working...