If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Re: Dj sneak calls swedish house mafia "dj actors"
Originally posted by nick007
South Africa has recently had Guetta and Deadm8, then last weekend had Iviici and all the radio station DJ;s could talk about was the staging and production dancers and side entertainment.
Yet every concert was sold out and the young crowd loved every minute of the shows. So people are spending money and thats why these guys keep getting bigger.
I wonder if Hernan would get such a big following if he came out here. Probably not because his music is not played every 2 hours on a loop on radio stations.
So the bigger the production = lots of money = success = lots of radio time = bigger productions etc etc
I however don't go to these guys but would travel anywhere in the country to see Hernan.
Hit nail on head,!! These guys are providing events !! The music is almost secondary. Which is great if that is what you want.
You are probably right about Hernan
Chunky, I disagree with you on music being just entertainment. To some of us music it is like food and water,we can't live without it.
Originally posted by TheVrk
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
^Go through the list of mixes from WMC. Swedish House Mafia has in some cases 10 x more listeners than any of the other dj's. Obviously someone wants to listen to them.
Re: Dj sneak calls swedish house mafia "dj actors"
Originally posted by floridaorange
Swedish House Mafia has in some cases 10 x more listeners than any of the other dj's. Obviously someone wants to listen to them.
Every one of them doesn't have any taste for the music, they are there to fill their empty hearts with simplistic associations and have never really experienced a true clubbing experience.
My favourite Dom Phillips quote
The 'Underground' Is An Imaginary Place That Never Actually Existed, Outside The Fantasies Of Boys In Record Shops, A Throw Back To The Punk Days, A Redundant Philosophy. What Matters Now Is The Result, Only That.
^Go through the list of mixes from WMC. Swedish House Mafia has in some cases 10 x more listeners than any of the other dj's. Obviously someone wants to listen to them.
McDonalds has probably served a trillion people by now.
you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky
it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles
Re: Dj sneak calls swedish house mafia "dj actors"
Originally posted by 88mariner
ibiza is so overground. That's why kazantip is getting big, among several other smaller, but growing, festivals.
People like the underground. People don't want to go to the club to hear the black eyed fucking peas. They don't want to hear the shit they hear on the radio. It's not special. It's commercialized. It's like old navy to fashion.
Re: Dj sneak calls swedish house mafia "dj actors"
Originally Posted by 88mariner ibiza is so overground. That's why kazantip is getting big, among several other smaller, but growing, festivals.
People like the underground. People don't want to go to the club to hear the black eyed fucking peas. They don't want to hear the shit they hear on the radio. It's not special. It's commercialized. It's like old navy to fashion.
Originally posted by THE_LIGHT
amen on that bro!!!!!
Have either of you two actually been to Ibiza? because it doesn't sound like it.
Re: Dj sneak calls swedish house mafia "dj actors"
Originally posted by chunky
Have either of you two actually been to Ibiza? because it doesn't sound like it.
haha no. I guess my opinion is therefore rendered invalid. afterall,
Let's assume I had gone to Ibiza, and my comment was as is.
Your reaction would have been: did you even go to x y z club?
Let's assume I had gone to Ibiza and my comment was that I had gone to x y z club?
Your reaction would have been: Did you even see such and such dj?
Let's assume I had gone to Ibiza, that I had gone to x y z club, and that I had seen such and such dj?
Your reaction, predictably, would have been, were you there on such and such night while they played such and such tune?
So this is why I can say what I said, based on the interactions with people who have, and the dj's who steer away from that place towards more secluded scene-oriented venues and locations. I had wanted to go there for years, but from what I've been reading, it's not worth the money. So, I put my money elsewhere. Back into the scene here, back into the scene in other nearby cities.
And, of course, it is for this reason why the wmc and the related industry parties will always be superior to umf. (I've been to both, to save you time asking). but even so, I'm not even sure how long that will last. the spring breakers, meatheads, etc...
The issue comes down to this: is this scene-oriented, or is it mass-appeal oriented? Clearly people who have been in the scene, been involved in the scene, and have spread that gospel see the so-called blasphemy of people producing piss-poor lowest common denominator music to play on clear channel stations so that moms in minivans can feel hip and cool. And they're getting tired of it.
Some of us react with a bit of seriousness. (Me, for instance). Some of us react to this trend with humor (Bones, etc.). But at the end of the day, it's a disapproval of whoring house music. and some people think indifference or simply keeping their thoughts to themselves is not the way to go about it. Sneak, Bones, Ferrer, etc...case in point.
A few side thoughts:
-Nobody is really saying this about dubstep. Nobody is saying dubstep is fake ass shit. They're just saying dubstep sucks.
-Nobody is really saying this about dj's other than guetta and swedish house mafia and maybe one or two others my mind is blanking on right now.
-The 'underground' should simply be re-termed 'scene-oriented'. maybe Dom would understand.
Re: Dj sneak calls swedish house mafia "dj actors"
Originally posted by 88Mariner
I think it's a bit childish to take issue with people who like digweed and defend the swedish house mafia in the same thread.
I'm not taking issue with people who like Digweed. I'm taking issue with grown men (or women) who indulge into childish banter like the whole vortex thing (which apparently is a serious thing). You can like a DJ or music without having to act like a moronic child. I'm not defending the Swedish House Mafia either, I just don't see the point of resentment and hate towards other DJ's whether its Swedish House Mafia, Deadmouse, Digweed, Oakenfold or anyone else.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment