X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Got Dropbox?

If not, use my referral link and we can all pyramid up our storage: http://db.tt/igtjJWDH

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Re: Got Dropbox?

I've already got it and absolutely love it. It is one of those rare technological advances that has dramatically changed the way I do things day to day. I'd rank it up there along with the iPod, Tivo, and Pandora/Spotify.

Comment

• poults
      Platinum Poster
      • Nov 2006

Yeah i love dropbox too, defo the best cloud storage i have tried i think especially with no file size limit uploads (on desktop app anyway).

ejejejejejejejejeje!!!!! you always delivering some good dogs shits !!! thankyou

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by toasty
        I've already got it and absolutely love it. It is one of those rare technological advances that has dramatically changed the way I do things day to day. I'd rank it up there along with the iPod, Tivo, and Pandora/Spotify.
        I have it but I don't see what you are saying when you compare it to the Ipod. Please explain further Toastman, now I'm intrigued

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

I think he means it's a 'game changing technology' like the iPod, etc.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• dusk
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Got it and love it
            ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• floridaorange
              I'm merely a humble butler
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by feather
              I think he means it's a 'game changing technology' like the iPod, etc.
              I know what he means ... but game changing as much as the ipod? I don't even use my dropbox account that often, I use my ipod daily. I'm just wondering what I am missing out on with dropbox. In what ways can one utilize it?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• res0nat0r
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • May 2006

Dropbox is awesome. I have it currently installed on like 5 computers and my phone. Great stuff.

Comment

• toasty
                  Sir Toastiness
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
                  I know what he means ... but game changing as much as the ipod? I don't even use my dropbox account that often, I use my ipod daily. I'm just wondering what I am missing out on with dropbox. In what ways can one utilize it?
                  sorry for the radio silence, was on vacay for a bit, just got back. For me, it's just an incredibly versatile tool. I love that whether I'm sitting at my desk at work, looking at my phone, using my laptop in god-knows-where or dipping around on an iPad, I have all of my important documents at my fingertips. Everything from active work documents that I'm editing (so I'm sure I'm always looking at the most recent version), to lists of information I regularly need, copy of my passport, power of attorney form, my dogs' shot records, whatever. It actually makes my iPad more than a toy, too -- it used to be that when I traveled for a hearing or a deposition or something, I might have to bring along a whole box of stuff that I MIGHT need. Now, I can load my entire file into dropbox and have the whole thing there in case I need it -- really lightens my load, and saves the time and effort of making a bunch of copies before I leave.

It's great for sharing and hosting files, too. I just love it. Google "dropbox hacks" or "dropbox tips" and you'll find just a wealth of ways to use it.

Comment

• toasty
                    Sir Toastiness
                    • Jun 2004

to add, I compare it to the ipod in part because prior to the ipod, when I traveled, I would have to decide which of my hundreds of CDs I'd have to bring, and whatever I selected would take up space in my luggage -- but the ipod changed all that. I think of Dropbox as doing the same thing, except for documents, images, anything that can be stored digitally.

Comment

• feather
                      Shanghai ooompa loompa
                      • Jul 2004

Google about to launch GDrive with 5GB. Wonder how that'll stack up.

Comment

• demonAfro
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

SugarSync had been giving 5GB free for as long as I can remember. Using my nice referral link will even net you 5.5GB to get you started:
                        SugarSync is a cloud file sharing, file sync and online backup service that is simple, powerful and easy to use. Get a 30 day free trial!

It also lets you sync any folder, email files to your cloud, has no file size limits and lets you do public sharing/passworded sharing. Last time I tried dropbox it seemed pretty restrictive. Would be nice if SugarSync had a Linux client, but you can't always have everything...

Comment

• demonAfro
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

Also SkyDrive now has a sync client and 7GB free (can claim 25GB if you've ever used it before for the moment)

Comment

• dusk
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

Looks like everyone's awaiting the arrival of GDrive and what it has in store for us...

Currently.. I have Adrive with 50 GB's free... mostly to backup my pics, skydrive with 25GB free, sugarsync, box, mspot mostly for listening to mp3's on the go.

But dropbox is still top of the list as the interface is best. Heres a tidy little add-on for dropbox to sync any folder. http://satyadeepk.in/dropbox-folder-sync/ Not forgetting to mention that db has just updated its software to introduce "links" to share files, rather than sharing any entire folder.
                            ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• toasty
                              Sir Toastiness
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by dusk
                              But dropbox is still top of the list as the interface is best. Heres a tidy little add-on for dropbox to sync any folder. http://satyadeepk.in/dropbox-folder-sync/ Not forgetting to mention that db has just updated its software to introduce "links" to share files, rather than sharing any entire folder.
                              the sharing of individual files on dropbox is not a new thing -- been doing it for a while, at least for things in the public folder.

Comment

Working...