• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THE_LIGHT
    MCast Resident DJ
    • Jun 2004

Fake dj's enough!!!!

WARNING/CAUTION/NOTICE:

HUMOR NOT HATE. People really have to get a grip on reality. Especially those who think they know but really don't have a clue. I have a motto that I will gladly share with you again: "Serato is a great tool for DJ's, Not so much for tools who want to DJ". I'm not to concerned with what people think I'm doing here. I'm not against technology. I'm against people who pretend. People who get caught posing. This isn't rocket science, my friends, and I'm not trying to prove anything based on my own history.

If you are going to auto-sync your mixes, then create mixes that have three or four tracks mixing at once, something that is creative and impossible to duplicate. If you auto syhc because you never learned how to beat match, well that is bullsh*t, and yet it doesn't matter anyway. Anyone who does this probably doesn't know much about music anyway. It's why many who claim to DJ sound like everyone else out there. Playing a playlist taken from a Beatport Top 100.

I got a message that playing vinyl on Technics turntables is obsolete like I didn't get the memo. Truth be told, I play on Technics and Pioneer CDJ's in pairs through four lines of a Pioneer DJM-800. I'm as current as anyone out there, but I still can represent any part of the past 30 years as well as I ever did during those 30 years which somehow equates to why I am still doing this today.

This isn't about me though. Don't worry about me, I know what I am doing. Consider this a ROAST. I'm not hating, I'm making jokes about things I see people doing. The best way not to get caught faking it would to be to act like you know. These people in the pictures you see, don't know. Which is why they got called on it. Why you would get upset is an upset to me, but I'm not worried, I'm as expendable as anyone you claim I'm hating on. And that's just the point. Because if I lasted this long in the scene, I probably will last a few more years.

I can't agree with the "old & bitter" routine, as I still am getting proofed for cigarettes. I'm blessed. And that is that.

Frankie Bones

• Illuminate
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Aug 2009

Re: Fake dj's enough!!!!

Fair point, and credit to Frankie, but you cannot really control on how/what a DJ plays. Technology (god forbid) has really taken over more evidently in the turntables. For better or for worse, the argument will never be defined.

I would love to know what his reactions were when Sasha first introduced the concept of Abelton and the evolution of the CDJ etc.

To me it's what defines a DJ. How well are your transitions and your song selections, playing for a crowd etc. I know that no matter how advanced Searto or any other computer enhanced program can get, you can never outshine a true talented DJ that can beat match to perfection. Well can you also criticize for s DJ modifying a mix CD using computer assistance?

Imho; I don't mind to be honest if most not all DJ's these days are using computer assistance in mixing. Makes it easier? So be it. There's more to a DJ than just beat matching,and if there are people out there who think that is all it takes; good luck to them.

Yeah I know it's never going to be like the good old days of ortofon cartridges or trying to figure out what the perfect skating is. Those crackles of the grain during a breakdown is a rarity these days, but I really don't mind.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
    Sbando
    - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
    Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
    Bob
    "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
    the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
    KiwiTollway

Comment

• 88Mariner
      My dick is smaller
      • Nov 2006

^surprised nobody has created an app to add the crackle to the background post mix. brb, making millions.

I'm with bones.

I would bet that Bones would not have had a problem with Sasha switching to Abelton because while sash was sacrificing one element of djing, he was adding a greater complexity to the music he was putting through the speakers. he'd probably say it evens out. (just a guess though).
      you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

If people will spend money to go see a LMFAO concert they will spend money to see Swedish House Mafia and worse than that. Many of these "dj's" are simply following the money, adapting and probably smiling from ear to ear whilst flying on private jets all over the world with b-list models .

At the end of the day when your average consumer is at a club either drunk or high and grew up with these newer artists like Justin Bieber and Katy Perry, chances are they won't understand or care about the difference. Times are changing, arguing about new music is pointless, it's not meant for us anyway, it's meant for ages 15 - 25.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• jay813
          Platinum Poster
          • May 2005

Originally posted by floridaorange
          If people will spend money to go see a LMFAO concert they will spend money to see Swedish House Mafia and worse than that. Many of these "dj's" are simply following the money, adapting and probably smiling from ear to ear whilst flying on private jets all over the world with b-list models .

At the end of the day when your average consumer is at a club either drunk or high and grew up with these newer artists like Justin Bieber and Katy Perry, chances are they won't understand or care about the difference. Times are changing, arguing about new music is pointless, it's not meant for us anyway, it's meant for ages 15 - 25.
          agreed, this goes in line with the dj sneak thread where i said it makes him look stupid for voicing his opinion.

NOBODY CARES WHAT THE DJ THINKS. just play some fucking music. and if you find that no one is going to your shows, update your music or find another job.

Comment

Working...