• Show
Clear All
  • FM
    Wooooooo!
    • Jun 2004

John Tejada - DJ Mix (15-10-2004)

enjoy

ABOUT:
    Normally associated with his peers in Techno from Detroit, Europe and elsewhere in the US and the world, John Tejada has embraced electronic music as a personal frontier, expanding on his formidable resume as a Techno recording artist ? as producer and remixer, DJ, and label owner.
    With dozens of singles, remixes, some film and TV work and contributions to sample CDs to his credit, this recent expansion has born a slew of tracks deeply informed by his uncompromised aesthetic ? honed over years of diligent production ? which finds its roots in Detroit Techno but references a far broader range of music, both in and outside of electronic music. His musically formative years were steeped in Classical music, growing up in family of performing artists--his mother a soprano singer and his father a conductor ? which then widened to include hip hop, DJing and finally, electronic music.
    Known for crafting a brand of subtle, musical techno, his recorded output ranges across tempo and genre lines, from chilled out affairs with spacious arrangements to pulsating, densely layered, deeply energetic tracks that work magnificently in the hands of DJs as well as on the home stereo. Earlier on, his music found release on labels such as A13, Multiplex and Generation R&S. Following on to those successes, he established his own imprint, Palette, in Los Angeles, in 1996, and has enjoyed six years of steady growth and recognition. The label has served as an exclusive outlet for his own prodigious output but has recently begun to expand its roster. He has also continued to record for other labels such as Plug Research, Seventh City, Moods and Grooves, deFocus, Sino and others, often in collaboration with 11 year long collaborator Arian Leviste, and alongside these numerous singles, has also produced eight albums; two for A13, and one each for Playhouse, deFocus, Plug Research, Moods and Grooves and Palette.
    FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
    "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
    Facebook!
    A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.
  • AntonyM
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2004

Re: John Tejada - DJ Mix (15-10-2004)

Thanks for the Tejada,

Glad to see the tech house representing on this board.
    never enough.
    Originally posted by Shpira
    So came back last night...
    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
    Originally posted by Illuminate
    Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• ftc
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jun 2004

enjoying this. thanks
      fuck sigs.

Comment

• ichrang
        Getting warmed up
        • Jun 2004

i heard this mix a while back, but i love it.....

What is the first song?? anyone?
        music at: www.djrichang.com
        add me: www.myspace.com/djrichang

Comment

Working...