Fresh Peossy
    • Aug 2011

Thurs 5.24.2012 Danny Howells and Cassy at SpyBar Chicago

DEMF Pre-party.
  • enderworld
    Fresh Peossy
    • Aug 2011

Re: Thurs 5.24.2012 Danny Howells and Cassy at SpyBar Chicago

Well. The night ended up being somewhat dissapointing: Howells did not make the show and was reportedly going to play the night after alongside James Zabiela. I'm not sure if that ended up happening. A lot of people were upset. Cassy did a great job however even though the crowd started thinning considerably after about 2:30am.

This was my first experience hearing Cassy. She was mixing vinyl!! I was very pleased and surprised. I'm not sure if it was exclusively vinyl, but I do know I saw here on several occasions flipping records. My only critique is although she had some solid killer grooves, she wouldn't let the grooves 'sit'. She would mix out of them too quickly. Maybe it's the short attention spans people have now who knows, but the crowd was definitely into her set.

Well, this is the second time I've tried catching Danny Howells. The first time years back he actually arrived but late and played like an hour. I felt cheated, like this time.

Comment

• carame1aurax
      Fresh Peossy
      • Apr 2011

I was there and I was super disappointed as well! I waited til the end hoping Danny would come on, and it didn't happen. However, I did enjoy what Cassy played, but was with company who is new to the music so it kinda made my night blah as they weren't all into it.

I had a friend who went to SpyBar Friday night for James Zabiela, and he said Danny didn't play then either. Oh well, til next time I suppose.

Comment

• Noirceur
        Fresh Peossy
        • Mar 2013

Hello,
        I reckon this is my first post here.
        Well, I discovered this thread through the Listed Podcast Upload (Cassy and Danny Howells).

There is only one video of Cassy Playing at DEMF 2012 (28 of MAY), I am not sure If a thread should be created in order to have some help on IDing the tracks she played on this occasion.

Anyway, Nice to meet you and I will be lurking around or post, Cassy is playing in 1 month in Paris.

Comment

Working...