X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mnbvcxz
    Platinum Poster
    • Feb 2006

My first US visit

Hey guys... I'm planning to head over to San Fran and New York in late November this year! Never been there before.

Any suggestions on hotels to stay and things to do in San Fran? Likewise for NYC.
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: My first US visit

the clift (hotel)

ruby sky (venue)

welcome to cali, hope you make it to the redwood forest, the beach, and southern california too.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• 88Mariner
      My dick is smaller
      • Nov 2006

go to the piers. x2 on ruby sky (see who's playing). also, give a visit to china town?

also, make sure you don't accidentally pack any of y'alls spiders in your suitcase. we don't need that stuff here.

you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• mnbvcxz
        Platinum Poster
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by floridaorange
        the clift (hotel)

ruby sky (venue)

welcome to cali, hope you make it to the redwood forest, the beach, and southern california too.
        Thanks man! What's some cool places in Southern Cali? The "touristy" thing to do is LA and Hollywood but not sure about that. Any suggestions? Flights land in LAX so while the majority of my trip is based around NYC it makes sense to explore a bit of the west coast.

Comment

• mnbvcxz
          Platinum Poster
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by 88Mariner
          go to the piers. x2 on ruby sky (see who's playing). also, give a visit to china town?

also, make sure you don't accidentally pack any of y'alls spiders in your suitcase. we don't need that stuff here.

Thanks mate. And don't worry, I'll leave my pet kangaroo and spiders at home

Comment

• diegoff
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

I rented an apartment in NY. cheaper, you can cook, make noise and go with other people
            I used this website http://www.airbnb.com/ thereīs a lot of good stuff in there, all around the world
            Itīs a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
            Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
            May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by 88Mariner

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• mnbvcxz
                Platinum Poster
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by diegoff
                I rented an apartment in NY. cheaper, you can cook, make noise and go with other people
                I used this website http://www.airbnb.com/ thereīs a lot of good stuff in there, all around the world
                This airbnb site is amazing! Some unbelievable places to stay at great prices! How safe is it to use and any suggestions on "safe" areas to stay?

Comment

• floridaorange
                  I'm merely a humble butler
                  • Dec 2005

+1 for airbnb, LA is full of stuff to do, I wouldn't know where to start tbh, but google your ideas and interests I'm sure you'll find some cool stuff. Roaming the hills of Malibu would be fun. I can get you a list of underground ish type house clubs if you want.

I'll send you a PM about San Fran.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Bender420
                    Tickle me Elmo!
                    • Jun 2004

haight st in san fran is cool to checkout for a day. really good seafood at the crab house on the wharf. we rented a car and drove over the golden gate bridge up into the hills which was pretty cool. as far as new york, bleeker st. was also cool to check out. lots of street markets.
                    Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• mnbvcxz
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Feb 2006

Thanks floridaorange and Bender420! Appreciate the suggestions.

Can't wait to go... being the first time it's going to be an experience for sure

Comment

• Bender420
                        Tickle me Elmo!
                        • Jun 2004

bring warm clothes! new york in november ain't no joke!
                        i'll think of some other things once i have a minute to actually think!
                        Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• diegoff
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by nikoa
                          This airbnb site is amazing! Some unbelievable places to stay at great prices! How safe is it to use and any suggestions on "safe" areas to stay?
                          I used it only twice, but I heard itīs very safe. You can read opinions/comments in every place posted there. I had no problem at all, it was fine and cheaper than any hotel.
                          Itīs a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
                          Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
                          May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• Global Eyes
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2004

Couple things worth mentioning for SF. Rent a bike down by the wharf, and travel across the Golden Gate Bridge, over to Sausalito. Small little town worth checking out. You can take a ferry ride back across into SF, which is pretty nice as well. Keep in mind, temperature changes can vary drastically either side of the bridge. So if it's not so warm on the SF side, it can be the difference of 20F on the Sausalito side. This place here is worth mentioning. http://ilikeikesplace.com/ . Often times, i think of returning just for this place, and its sandwich's. I pulled down the menage a trois. Simply amazing. And our breakfast stop was Sears http://www.searsfinefood.com/ Another great choice for some good food.

Comment

• AntonyM
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Oct 2004

If you get a chance swing by Vegas and PM if you do.
                              Originally posted by Shpira
                              So came back last night...
                              Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                              Originally posted by Illuminate
                              Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                              2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                              3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                              4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

Working...