X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

[ms] <-> SoundCloud Sync

I have been working on this for quite a while now and I think I have finally gotten it to a point where I think it can be shared. I have finished writing a SoundCloud app that gives you the option to sync up your [ms] artist subscriptions with your followed SoundCloud followed artists.

You can either import all of your SoundCloud artists into your [ms] profile, or export all of your [ms] artists to your SoundCloud page. If you use one site more than the other but would like your favorite artists to be the same on both, try it out and let me know what you think!

To get to it, click the Artists tab, click My Artists, then click "SoundCloud Import/Export." I have also made it available from the Home page under My Artists for users who haven't used it yet.

Adam
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: [ms] &lt;-&gt; SoundCloud Sync

Mind blown. That's fucking sweet. It's too bad soundcloud still has no RSS feeds for dashboards and subscriptions.

soundcloud.jpg

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• picklemonkey
      • Jun 2004

Check out Cloud Flipper for that... it's a project I did last year

Cloud Flipper: Free SoundCloud to RSS Converter (single page to RSS)
      http://picklemonkey.net/cloudflipper/dashboard.php (personal dashboard to RSS)

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Oh boy, that's exactly what I've been waiting on Soundcloud to do I knew of the single page converter but didn't know you had made a dashboard converter too.

It'd be magic if the Soundcloud player can be embedded into the RSS items

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• AntonyM
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Oct 2004

Pickle that is so on point, fantastic.
          Originally posted by Shpira
          So came back last night...
          Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
          Originally posted by Illuminate
          Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
          2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
          3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
          4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Notice a bug in the SC dashboard RSS: When opening the webpage for an RSS item, the url is appended with a random string of numbers, eg:

Code:
            http://soundcloud.com/robbabicz/robert-babicz-venus-transit!#0620121925110000
            http://soundcloud.com/royalsapien/funk-harmony-park-my-truth!#0620120649060000
            http://soundcloud.com/robbabicz/rob-acid-vampire!#0620121900070000
            Deleting the bits from ! onwards resolves the URL.

Besides that, can't believe how convenient it is to keep track of my SC dashboard now!

Comment

• evo7
              Gold Gabber
              • Jun 2004

nice work!
              www.soundcloud.com/superistic

Comment

• picklemonkey
                • Jun 2004

feather, I just fixed that

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

Cheers mate. What caused it?

Comment

• picklemonkey
                    • Jun 2004

Intentional design feature . It apparently broke certain feed readers, so I just pulled it out

Comment

• feather
                      Shanghai ooompa loompa
                      • Jul 2004

What do the numbers do?

Comment

• picklemonkey
                        • Jun 2004

The intent was to make the unique GUID URL a more unique string. Some feeds don't use a unique string in this field, which causes RSS to not validate. I added that there because a browser will ignore anything in a URL that begins with a !#. It seems some feed readers interpreted that piece as part of the URL

Comment

• feather
                          Shanghai ooompa loompa
                          • Jul 2004

I just noticed Cloudflipper now embeds the SC player and download link into the RSS feed. Great job!

Comment

• picklemonkey
                            • Jun 2004

I just wrote some more code to find/populate the SoundCloud URL for another 176 artists. I ran the sync again on my own account and it was able to export another 16 artists that it was able to export to my SoundCloud account.

Long term I may give us the option to automate this, so [ms] and SoundCloud will automatically keep each other in sync with any changes that we do on either system. Until I can get that written, you may want to try the import/export again.

Comment

Working...