• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mnbvcxz
    Platinum Poster
    • Feb 2006

Re: Is America killing dance music?

Originally posted by tiddles
    oi mate, i reckon it's the aussies that're the problem with their shite "music journalism" like this, aye mate? fuckin right cunts better stick to barbies and pullin' sheilas hey.
    Haha, you realize residentadvisor.net is Australian, right?

Comment

• nelinho
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by nikoa
      Haha, you realize residentadvisor.net is Australian, right?
      all the good bits are imported I'm guessing...

for a developing country we are doing ok...bit worrying a lot of our gas and coal are privately owned and the mining magnate elite have used the media to tell us that they shouldn't be taxed heavily on the BILLIONS they earn....why worry? all those natural resources will last forever or just grow back within a few years right?

enjoy that tangent kids.

its all Tiddles fault.

Comment

• thebanned1
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • May 2009

its not america that is ruining it... its fucking douche bags all over the place that treat it as a fashion statement rather than a atristical movement
        How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• nelinho
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Sep 2011

shirtless muscled up wankers at festivals...fluoro shirts...hipster sunglasses....flat brim hats..stickers on those hats...red NY Yankee hats...not being able to name one player from the Yankees, ever!?!....wanky tattoos...musical attention span of an ant...mephodrone (MCAT)...meth...alcohol promoters...commercial radio......mdma a class a/category 1 drug...prerecorded sets...predictable jukebox style live sets...bangers only sets...$10/ 8 Euro bottled water...table service wanker clubs....$25000 bottles of champagne....commercial hip hop teaming up with commercial edm...electrohouse...illegal downloads...lager louts..high rent for clubs..high cover charge....short term "bottom line" oriented managers & promoters...EDM becoming an Industry in itself...is killing the music

Comment

• nelinho
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Sep 2011

and we are old and grumpy, and for some of us, little to none serotonin left.

Comment

• floridaorange
              I'm merely a humble butler
              • Dec 2005

omg awesomeness

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• trick12
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by nelinho
                shirtless muscled up wankers at festivals...fluoro shirts...hipster sunglasses....flat brim hats..stickers on those hats...red NY Yankee hats...not being able to name one player from the Yankees, ever!?!....wanky tattoos...musical attention span of an ant...mephodrone (MCAT)...meth...alcohol promoters...commercial radio......mdma a class a/category 1 drug...prerecorded sets...predictable jukebox style live sets...bangers only sets...$10/ 8 Euro bottled water...table service wanker clubs....$25000 bottles of champagne....commercial hip hop teaming up with commercial edm...electrohouse...illegal downloads...lager louts..high rent for clubs..high cover charge....short term "bottom line" oriented managers & promoters...EDM becoming an Industry in itself...is killing the music
                yessssss
                Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• Highsteppa
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by thebanned1
                  its not america that is ruining it... its fucking douche bags all over the place that treat it as a fashion statement rather than a atristical movement
                  Yeah, this is pretty much how I feel too - there's still good parties and vibes at U.S. venues and the Electric Daisy parties have me intrigued. Unfortunately, there's a dominant "Vegas/bottle service" vibe that runs a lot of clubs and brings with it a lot of douchey assholes with a huge sense of entitlement along with it.

Comment

• go0gle
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by nelinho
                    shirtless muscled up wankers at festivals...
                    EDC in Las Vegas.

Comment

• floridaorange
                      I'm merely a humble butler
                      • Dec 2005

There apparently is a little bit of justice in the world. Last weekend, DJ Shadow‘s set was cut short at Miami nightclub Mansion, for being “too futuristic.” The internet obviously blew up with fans worldwide defending the legendary DJ who was performing as part of his All Bases Covered Tour. Today, Mansion issued a public apology to DJ Shadow: “We offer our most sincere apologies to DJ Shadow and his fans for his set being cut short at Mansion this past weekend. This error should not have happened and will not happen again, especially as we pride ourselves on creating an environment that cultivates and respects innovators such as DJ Shadow.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• unkle
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • Mar 2007

Do not really understand why, they cut his set.
                        In addition, the club owners don't know the dj invited to play or what.

Comment

• Alexudis
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2011

america is killing more than dance music

Comment

• diegoff
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

Clubs are for business, don't be surprised. If artists still go and play there and people still go and spend their money there, nothing will change. If hip hop sells more than house, then hip hop will be played. Skrillex? there you have a big example. He was a "golden artist" last year, where is he now???
                            business is around edm, and rock, and pop, and even around "industrial Norwegian black gothic fukin' new-vintage-style dark metal". Business gives a fuck about our good taste in music, that's how I see the scene. What you described in the posts above is the same that I see here in buenos Aires, like 20000km away from usa; and I can guess in Europe is the same, and in South Africa, too. I know, I haven't discovered anything new...
                            It´s a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
                            Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
                            May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• sbando
                              Going back to Romford
                              • Apr 2008

White, male, non-gay Americans and dance music shouldn't even be in the same sentence. This is where they belong:

╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                              ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                              ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                              ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• diegoff
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Jun 2004

^ I like how the drum sounds
                                It´s a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
                                Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
                                May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

Working...