• Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Hernán Cattáneo Resident | Delta FM 90.3 • 30.06.2012 • Episode 060

0SeR4.jpg

Part 1 Tracklist

Superpitcher - Moon Fever Remixe (Gluteus Maximus Mix)

Sam Matters - Matter And Motion

Lefrenk - Return (Oliver Schories remix )

Guy Gerber - Golden sun

MASH - Style is the Answer

Part 2 Tracklist

FortDax - Fortune Telling Fish (Rich Curtis Bootleg)

Diyo - Smooth ride (Graziano Raffa & Alberto Blanco rmx)

Ezequiel Andrade - Bring Me Back (Erich Von Kollar & East Cafe)

Derek Howell & Faskil -Un Poema Cinematográfico

Music podcast download - hernancattaneo
    Last edited by DIDI; July 1, 2012, 06:49:06 PM.
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies
  • Hoff
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Aug 2009

Re: Hernán Cattáneo Resident | Delta FM 90.3 • 30.06.2012 • Episode 060

I´m still on

.:: siliconeSoul Kultrun mix !!

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Aaah, that is sooo sweet
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• Hoff
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Aug 2009

jumepd now to
        Praveen Achary
        Morning & More (Color Ray Remix) _ WhoMadeWho :: Running Man (Dave DK Mix)

Comment

• unkle
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Mar 2007

Here we go .......

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

My computer is all better now. And this shaping up to be a wonderful radioshow !!

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

Yes definitely a great one !!

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

Sorry for the delay , but the podcast still isn't up

Comment

• simonr
                  Transitionator
                  • Jun 2004

Hernan's tracklist complaints team are on standby to take calls.

This has messed up my Sunday am ritual
                  sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

^^^ It wrecked my afternoon walk as well. I usually listen to the show, have lunch while waiting for it to come up, then load it up for a nice long walk.

It's interesting, I'm checking the views on my local forum to see how many people are missing me This will teach them to take me for granted.

Comment

• simonr
                      Transitionator
                      • Jun 2004

My complaints team has established that the file link is hidden:

hernancattaneo Resident / Episode 060 / June 30 2012

This appears to be an IT issue, maybe because there is no July folder set up.

Having to get my best people on it:

sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

^^^ Good work Complaints team

Comment

• pr0ficient
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Apr 2006

thanks

Comment

• D.Williams
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Aug 2006

Im getting an error on trying to download... I guess they still have not fixed it yet

Comment

• simonr
                              Transitionator
                              • Jun 2004

Hernán Cattáneo : Resident (Delta_FM 90.3) - Episode 060

Part 1

01. Superpitcher - Moon Fever (Gluteus Maximus Mix) [Kompakt | KOM 256]
                              02. Sam Matters - Matter & Motion [Freerange Records | FR166]

03. Lefrenk - Return (Oliver Schories Remix) [PFL Records | PFL013]
                              04. Guy Gerber - The Golden Sun And The Silver Moon [Fabric | FABRIC127D]
                              05. Mash - Style Is The Answer [Glasgow Underground | GU2009]

Part 2

01. FortDax - Fortune-Telling Fish, Curled To Suggest ‘Home’ (Rich Curtis Bootleg) [Static Caravan | unreleased]

02. Diyo - Smooth Ride (Graziano Raffa & Alberto Blanco Remix) [Stripped Recordings | Promo]

03. Ezequiel Andrade - Bring Me Back (Erich Von Kollar & East Cafe Remix) [Balkan Connection South America | BCSA0107]

04. Derek Howell & Faskil - Un Poema Cinematográfico [unreleased]

Release Notes:

01. Superpitcher - Moon Fever (Gluteus Maximus Mix) (Moon Fever Remixe EP) [Kompakt | KOM 256]

It's been nearly two years since Superpitcher released his equally lunatic and magistral album "Kilimanjaro": an eternity for club life, but not more than a stone's throw for legendary producer Axel Schaufler, whose idiosyncratic mixture of yearning romance and hedonistic folly repeatedly stunned the public with its perceived timelessness.

No wonder then, that "Kilimanjaro" was awarded with the French Qwartz Award 2012 for Best Album. With the "Moon Fever" remixes courtesy of Dial's Lawrence and President Bongo aka Gluteus Maximus (of GusGus fame), one of the most beautiful, but also most mysterious tracks from "Kilimanjaro" gets the duly attention: with the original being an Ambient-infused, revelling ode to the night, the introspective, beatless "Moon Fever" didn't necessarily invite DJs to tear up the floor and has since become more of a domestic choice.

The fact that the remixers had to work on material from a producer who made his name through countless fabled remixes himself probably didn't make things easier. But neither Lawrence nor President Bongo are known to shy away from a challenge, for their respective take on emotive club music sculpted many a crowd pleaser: they know how to deal with the big emotions in and outside of the club. That's why their reinterpretations prompt the dreamers as well as the dancers, a mindset more than familiar to Superpitcher's oeuvre.

And the best part? "Moon Fever" has a bassdrum now!

Released // June 11, 2012
                              Format // 12"
                              Catalog Nr // Kompakt 256
                              EAN // 880319069918

02. Sam Matters - Matter & Motion [Freerange Records | FR166]

Sam Matters came to our attention through a friend of a friend's cousin who sent a cassette demo to my sister in law to pass onto my wife to give to Freerange. A fairly convoluted and iffy way to get your music heard you might think, but not on this occasion, with Jimpster having recently fired up his Sharp VZ-2500 to listen to some old mix-tapes, it was simply a case of press and play and Eureka!

With no info on Sam or his whereabouts we got to the job of tracking him down which actually proved fairly easy what with our significant experience in covert intelligence and code breaking. What turned up was a very young and rather cheeky looking chap not unlike Oliver Twist.

The music itself certainly shows a maturity that belies Sam’s youth with the title track Matter And Motion making excellent use of bubbling bass, filtering pads and driving cowbell pattern. Sam manages to create plenty of tension and build by layering up the arpeggiating synths whilst keeping the groove streamlined and uncluttered.

Weight Off My Mind builds around a slowly developing two beat loop with driving live hats and just a hint of disco edging in halfway through. Another unique track that we fell for in a big way and one that sounds deep, hypnotic funky and highly original. 

Last up is a brilliant reworking of Matter And Motion from one of our longtime favourite German producers, Sebo K. Here he goes for a strictly 90’s house vibe keeping everything raw to the core with bouncing Chandleresque bass-line, delayed vocal cuts and simple two chord stabs adding plenty of peak-time energy to the track.

Selected Feedback:

Laurent Garnier - F**K -- This is goooood OHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Funk D'Void/ Francois Dubois - Woooeeee! loving the weight off my mind groove...sublime

Ripperton - Great EP! Damn that slow burning me! Sebo in top shape and both original are right my street! BIg!

Marc Romboy - Amazing, totally convincing EP including another high quality Sebo K mix!
                              Âme - Nice record! 
The Revenge - Matter and Motion for me
                              Danny Howells - Weight off my Mind is a bomb!! Love it to smithereens .. full support.

Sasha - Love it! 
Jozif - Lovely Lovely Lovely!! Will play loadssss!!!

Jay Tripwire - Love the original mix, this is prefect transition type track to bridge the gap between deeper house and Hi Tek Soul.

Peter Kruder - Love Weight of the Mind...very trippy...The Sebo K RMX is also great. Will play this. Please send me WAVs. Thanks.

Vince Watson - Thats what im talking bout!!! 

Released by: Freerange Records
                              Release/catalogue number: FR166
                              Release date: Jun 11, 2012

03. Lefrenk - Return (Oliver Schories Remix) [PFL Records | PFL013]

An excellent remix package of Spanish producers Lefrenk tracks starts off with man of the moment Oliver Schories. With releases on Ostwind, Parquet and Musik gewinnt Freunde, the Hamburg based Oliver Schories is creating a massive fan base; be it studio work or his impressive DJ sets. His remix is an excellently subtle groover, deep and hypnotic, yet full of layers of sounds and oozes coolness.

Canadian PFL label favourites Les Limaces take to the helm and their remix delivers a punchy and energetic, slightly dark. Its packed with melody, whilst haunting and mysterious vibes flow throughout.

Changing the vibe is Makson. A unique Ukrainian composer, he loves to create and surprise by his fantasy and skill, and his mix blends melodies of techno with chilled down-tempo flavours.

We stay in the Ukraine for our next remix, as Mode B from Klangwelt take us firmly back to the dance-floor, with big a grinding bass-line washing over a the layers of sounds, key changing as they go, whilst retaining a completely underground vibe. Fans of these guys include Laurent Garnier and Max Cooper, its easy to see why when you check their remix.

Over to Greece as LKS take control. A wondrous techno journey, wrapped in a soundscape of tinkling melodics and phat bass-line. A great combination for the dance floor.

Completing the package is VK. He is the owner of Trust Radio in Greece, as well as being a remixer and sound engineer. the emphasis here is keeping it deep as the delicate sounds fly across the alluring bass. A great selection of mixes for many a DJ.

04. Guy Gerber - The Golden Sun And The Silver Moon [Fabric | FABRIC127D]

Guy Gerber has compiled the next instalment in fabric's long-running mix series (tracks also available unmixed).

Fabric 64 sees the Israeli tech house producer putting together a mix composed entirely of his own new and unreleased tracks. Over the course of two months, Gerber wrote material solo and in collaboration with friends like Deniz Kurtel and Clarian North (from Visionquest act Footprintz) in an attempt to "make an album that will be one long composition, kind of like what Steve Reich was doing." The mix is said to not stray too far from his previous work, mixing driving house with an emotionality that belies Gerber's rock favourites Joy Division and My Bloody Valentine. Fabric 64 is Gerber's first commercial mix.

05. Mash - Style Is The Answer [Glasgow Underground | GU2009]

'Style is The Answer' is the first single from Mash's forthcoming album for Glasgow Underground. Released as a limited (200 only), hand-stamped & spray-painted, 12inch.

Martyn Henderson, or Mash as he’s known, broadcasts on Capital FM every Friday from 2am to 5am playing the best in electro house, techno and bass. His show is known for featuring some of dance music’ biggest stars, such as Underworld, Moby, Depeche Mode, Mylo and Groove Armada and has recently included mixes and live sessions from acts such as Hot Chip, Tom Middleton, Jamie Jones, Beardyman, Groove Armada, Josh Wink and Tiga. He has forthcoming dj mixes from Friendly Fires, The 2 Bears, Oliver $, Scuba, Disclosure and Maya Jane Coles all in the future.

Mash is also known for producing his own tracks, and has released with labels such as Southern Fried, Glasgow Underground, Dirt Crew, and Blue Black as well as on his own Tracktion and CompactDisco Dot Net labels. His single ‘Somebody’s Property’ (which went to number one in the Belgian Dance charts in 2006) was recently re-released on Glasgow Underground with new mixes from Sei A, Ooft!, Kevin McKay & Rob Etherson. This had plays from Groove Armada, Digitalism, Spiller, Freeform Five, The Revenge and Mark E to name but a few.

Mash has just released ‘Horn of Africa’ on Southern Fried Records and has just remixed The 2 Bears new single, ‘Work.’ Which is out now through Beatport. He is currently in the studio recording his debut album for Glasgow Underground, which will feature collaborations with The Revenge and Rob Etherson. His new single ‘Style is the answer’ will be released on a Glasgow Underground vinyl 12″, with remixes from Mia Dora, Dominic Martin and A Deeper Groove, it will also be available to download.

06. FortDax - Fortune-Telling Fish, Curled To Suggest ‘Home’ (Rich Curtis Bootleg) [Static Caravan | unreleased]

FortDax is Darren Durham, Krakow, Poland. For the past decade he has been composing, recording and producing original music, which has been released by a number of record labels. It has been remarked that my work has a 'cinematic' quality, and has featured in TV shows for Channel 4, Sky and the BBC.

The original of this track was released on the 'At Bracken EP' [Static Caravan | VAN 50] and is best known to EDM aficionados after featuring on James Holden's Balance 005.

Rich Curtis Bio

There are few underground Australian DJ/producers with as good an ear for 'big tunes' as Brisbane's Rich Curtis, whose 'Open Other End' was picked up by Hernan's Sudbeat [SB027]. He also has a remix of Verche in the pipeline for Stripped.

An honours graduate from the university of epic progressive house as taught by Professors Sasha, Digweed and Cattaneo, Rich has become one of the Queensland capital's most valuable closing slamfest DJs with a relentless approach to his DJ sets; sets built on a foundation of chugging bottom end and rolling percussion but with enough sprinklings of melody to keep music fans shoulder to shoulder with dancefloor junkies in front of him whenever he plays.

It's Rich's discipline as a musician which has set him apart from the growing band of aspiring jocks in Australia through the mid to late noughties. Where many DJs - established, aspiring or otherwise - struggle to piece together one promo mix a year, you can set your watch to Rich turning in two quality mixes every month - always fresh, always epic, and always staying faithful to his sound, which sits at the big room end of progressive and tech house.

Schooled in the art of keyboard, trumpet, guitar and drums, it's hardly surprising that Rich has an affinity with the more musical end of house music. He continues to draw inspiration from the progressive scene's 1990s godfathers, with his endlessly rolling style and music collection very much reminiscent of John Digweed in full flight. So it's appropriate that he's played a pivotal role in bringing some of the other progressive masters to Brisbane, hosting Anthony Pappa on four separate occasions in the last four years (playing back to back with the man in 2009!) and also providing a leading hand in getting Hernan Cattaneo to Brisbane for the first time ever in 2009, then again for Ulterior in 2010.

It was inevitable that Rich turned his hand to promoting, and he's successfully hosted the Ulterior and Embrace nights under the banner of the Ritual Events promotional company, and the increasingly legendary Ulterior Sunset Series Boat parties. Rich also pushes his sound through a recent residency at Brisbane's Barsoma (for Ulterior), and in the past at Caloundra's Tonic Lounge (for House Arrest) and Luna Loca on the Gold Coast. His skills have regularly been called on to play events like DROP, F**k Fluro, The Sunday Roast and A Night With… at such respected venues as Family, The Met, Empire, Planet, Birdee Num Num, Mass (now Magic-City) and GPO across Brisbane.

Since 2007 he's been racking up the quality support slots across the south-east corner of Queensland, playing alongside Pappa, Hernan Cattaneo, Charlie May, Jim Rivers, Reset Robot (Dave Robertson), Henry Saiz, Hybrid, Kosmas Epsilon, Marc Marzenit, Slam, Fergie, Danny Bonnici, Nathan Fake, Chris Fortier, Lee Burridge, Simon Baker, Vince Watson, Peter Horrevorts, Timo Maas, Desyn Masiello, PQM, Phil K, Ricky Ryan, Matt Rowan & Jaytech, Mind Electric, Chymera, Mark Dynamix, Sasha Le Monnier and Guy J among others. In 2010 Rich also made his debut Festival appearance at Future Music Festival, bringing his brand of underground big room tech-prog to the masses!

In mid-2010 Rich turned his attention to production and in the space of 3 weeks churned out his first batch of underground prog-tech/tech-house tunes, several of which caught the ear of Replug Records' label boss Cid Inc (ex Mashtronic) who has continued to sign and remix some of Rich's productions, gaining Rich a reputation for studio output that is consistently "cool, fresh and unique". Combine his increasingly busy DJ/production schedule with a monthly show "Resolutions" on innervisions radio and guest appearances on JJJ and 4ZzZ radio and you get to understand why Rich Curtis has become such a valuable player on this local scene. His lifelong mission to bring the music is bearing fruit, and his studies at the school of prog are all but complete.

07. Diyo - Smooth Ride (Graziano Raffa & Alberto Blanco Remix) [Stripped Recordings | Promo]

The original of 'Smooth Ride' featured on Stripped compilation MMXI [005SRLPUNMIXED] released in early 2011.

2012 sees Barcelona duo Graziano Raffa & Alberto Blanco on remix duties. The pair were last seen on Resident 031 with 'Weekend Heroes' (Mati Vila's Weekend Mix). Graziano also featured on Resident 051.

08. Ezequiel Andrade - Bring Me Back (Erich Von Kollár & East Cafe Remix) [Balkan Connection South America | BCSA0107]

Talented Ezequiel Andrade from Argentina arrives to BCSA with three intelligent progressive house gems, which were remixed by our finest soldiers Andrew Benson, Ezequiel Anile, John Drummer and a collaboration project between Erich Von Kollar and East Cafe. Enjoy !!!!

Erich Von Kollár (aka. Kollár Erik Gábor) is from Debrecen (Hungary) is a resident DJ of Proton Radio, Digitally Imported, Ensonic Radio and Wheee FM. He teams up with Gabor Kaszas a.k.a. East Cafe, from Budapest.

09. Derek Howell & Faskil - Un Poema Cinematográfico [unreleased]

Limited release info, this featured in Hernan's recent set at Circus, Montreal.

Houston's Derek Howell was last seen on Resident 049 with Joshua Michael and 'J'. At the start of his career Howell released records on such labels as Fade Records, Bedrock Records and 3 Beat Breaks. His tracks have featured on Hernan's Master Series vol 2 (Happy To Be Sad) and Sequential vol 1 (Cram It Up Your Cram Hole) compilations ... so its great to see him back producing.
                              sigpicSimonR

Comment

Working...