X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yao
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Your desktop (Jan 05)

i have no idea man...did you simply insert the link to the image?
    Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• wonk
      Getting Somewhere
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Yao
      To see my desktop simply download the wallpaper i made for the goodies section:

http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...ad.php?t=20068 >>the bottom one...
      must say the new ones look good yao

Comment

• daveman
        I love the colors!!!
        • Jul 2005

i am currently using the one i have as my signature (i can get you a larger copy if you pm me). its a frame of an 3d VIZ animation that i have been playing with and tweeking since getting my new super super fast computer a couple of months ago. it's been years since i have just played with forms that don't have anything to do with architectural projects i'm working on. it sure is a lot easier to generate things that don't need to look like they are real.
        once upon a time, machines were mice, and men were lions. now that its the opposite, it's twice upon a time

Comment

• Yao
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

Thanks Wonk, it's the best one i did in the series i think :d

Dave...it's easier, but sometimes also harder, i've found out. Sometimes you need to pull the craziest tricks out of the hat to get a certain effect...

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• daveman
            I love the colors!!!
            • Jul 2005

i hear ya yao. it's while playing around with artistic images and forms i have picked up new ways to use certain rendering and image programs and a lot of their tricks that i might have never used. sometimes it is the tricks learned from the crazier projects that make the more realistic building renderings fall perfectly into a real background or photo.
            once upon a time, machines were mice, and men were lions. now that its the opposite, it's twice upon a time

Comment

• phaeton
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

I use this one,
              A screenshot of a trading platform/program , twisted with photoshop ( if I remeber well; anyway , got it from a guy's blog )

Comment

• Yao
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by daveman
                i hear ya yao. it's while playing around with artistic images and forms i have picked up new ways to use certain rendering and image programs and a lot of their tricks that i might have never used. sometimes it is the tricks learned from the crazier projects that make the more realistic building renderings fall perfectly into a real background or photo.
                Hah, yessir. And fooling around with tutorials found all over the net can get you some really nice skillz too, i've noticed. Sometimes when you combine a few, you come up with something totally new too...

Comment

• fr0st
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Jul 2004

I use the macnn.com forums for all my GUI needs lots of wallpapers, icons etc... Check it out.

Comment

• az0000000
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Jan 2006

Here is my all security oriented

Comment

• Yao
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Comment

• palmer
                        Retired or Simply Important
                        • Jun 2004

1600x1200----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1680x1050
                        Run synergy across two machines.
                        todayistomorrow
                        art direction | design | animation

Comment

• Yao
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

bastid. That looks pimpin....

Comment

• geoffgulley
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by palmer

1600x1200----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1680x1050
                            Run synergy across two machines.
                            show off...... . Now give me some wires and the back interface of Reason and all is good.....
                            "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

• Yao
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Jun 2004

Am using a variation on that ms wallpaper now...Have been fucking around with the concept a bit.

Goes very well with the olive green windows XP color scheme

Comment

• Lifeless
                                Gold Gabber
                                • Jan 2006

Katrina´s Wallpaper
                                My Chemical Romance playlist :P

Comment

Working...