X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neoee
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Digweed in Seattle

So I get off work last night and head straight to the club, find parking and find a line wrapping around the building. Luckily the club staff was keeping things going pretty good and it only took 10 minutes to get in. Met some pretty cool people in line who were also big fans. Nice to see its mostly a crowd of musically educated people... no Tiesto shirts :wink:

Its now a little after 11. Luke Fair is on and laying down some really great tunes, the crowd was just loving it. I find my friends, get a drink and then go looking for my girlfriend and the people she showed up with. I was really into Fair's set but waiting to hear Diggers since it had been 2+ years since I last saw him live.

Finally midnight rolls around and someone's holding a mic. Looks like they are having trouble getting it to work. Fair's last track ends and the announcer comes on and introduces John. Everyone's cheering and he lays down his first track. In typical Digweed style he starts off with something catchy, minimal, yet dark. The night progresses on and for the first hour he keeps it about the same but leaning a bit towards the funkier side.
    Second hour rolls around and I'm enjoying it but still waiting for him to pick it up a bit. Pretty much stays this way until the third hour.

Third hour rolls around and now my g/f and my friends have all left. My g/f's sister, husband and 2 friends are still around but who knows where. I'm hoping he switches it up a bit and he does but I just wasn't enjoying what he was playing at this point. I'm really bad at classifying stuff but I'd say it was a more electroish sound. The crowd on the dance floor is just eating it up though. Maybe it was because I stayed upstairs almost all night, where the sound wasn't nearly as good but I was losing interest at this point, this wasn't the Diggers I've seen before. Maybe as someone suggested regarding him and Desyn touring, he was just letting Luke shine.

I thought his build up was superb, but peak hour was a let down for me. Dare I say, but I think Luke stole the night. Either way I stuck it out faithfully till the end.

I still had a great night, but I also brought along some newbies and some I was trying to convert from loyal DJ Dan and the like fans, but I guess it was just not the night. O'well Sasha's here next month for me to try to educate these peeps. In the meanwhile I'm off to WMC.

Short (18 sec) video and pics below (BTW I'm a horrible photographer):
    Video

Screen shot

Digweed signing MMII sleeve

Crowd shot

Screen shot

Another crowd shot

More crowd shots

Digweed

Boobies (ok not really)

You guessed it, crowd shot

Another shot of Diggers

Friend of mine and my g/f

g/f and her sister, husband and friends

g/f and her sister (she's a picture horror if you can't tell. I told her to bring the camera along and she took the ones of herself and co. before I got there)
    "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

See you in Miami dude! Have a safe trip.
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• Weizy
      MCast Resident DJ
      • Jun 2004

those pics aren't so bad...

thanks for the recap!

Comment

• remoh
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Re: Digweed in Seattle

sounds like he let luke shine to me... i have to be on the main floor when i dj i like is playing . not necesarily in the middle of the dance floor, but i have to feel the bass hit me. on a second level they usually have those wall mounted smaller speakers, all you hear is mostly highs and mids. you'll usually find me right by the dj booth front and center.

BTW: hook a brother up with your g/f sister
        [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
        |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• blkcrow
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

Hey neoee, should told me you were going to be there man. :P Have to agree with you about Luke, I liked his set, he dropped some wicked tunez. I loved what I heard from Digger but I didn't make it to the end. I started that day with a migraine, missed work because of it but got rid of it but early evening. So, I went......then it came back and I ended up having to leave after about 2 hours into Digger's set. But I am glad I finally got to see John.
          Idiocy - Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups.

Soulseek name = blkcrow

Comment

• neoee
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

ska- looking forward to meeting you, see ya there.

remoh- I usually like to be on the floor too but it was just too packed and the sound system there is kinda shitty, so there's only so much of it you can handle. That club has a new face every couple years, last time it was called polyesters and was mostly 70's and 80's music. Everytime I leave there my ears are ringing the next day. RE the g/f's sister, I would but she's married.

blkcrow- I will definately get a hold of you next time. Sasha's supposed to be here on Apr. 22nd. So likely I'll see you there.
            "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• peloquin
              Till I Come!
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by neoee
              Sasha's supposed to be here on Apr. 22nd. So likely I'll see you there.
              i will be most likely making the drive up for this one

Comment

• day_for_night
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

saw digweed tonight here in calgary. he fucking DESTROYED the place. played the perfect mix of prog and electro, and some really dark n' nasty shit. there is something about his sunday night shows here (he has done 2 before this)....he always gives us something special.

not to mention getting to meet steve may tonight, who is apparently living in banff and working at sunshine until may. small fucking world.

Comment

• Pataky P
                  asdf_imo
                  • Jun 2004

Many thanks the many info!!
                  I love His music!!!!

Comment

• blkcrow
                    Addiction started
                    • Jun 2004

Here's some more pics from that night. Don't know the person that took the pics, just found the link on a local board. She took alot of pictures of Diggers.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/doodli...7b22&.tok=
                    Idiocy - Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups.

Soulseek name = blkcrow

Comment

• beanzncheez
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by day_for_night
                      saw digweed tonight here in calgary. he fucking DESTROYED the place. played the perfect mix of prog and electro
                      ROFLMFAO @ comment about "electro" :ROFLMAO:

Comment

• peloquin
                        Till I Come!
                        • Jun 2004

its not hip hop, its electro

Comment

• beanzncheez
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by peloquin
                          its not hip hop, its electro
                          Jeff would believe that too. Fucking K kids. Snort some more kiddo. :ROFLMAO:

Comment

• neoee
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by blkcrow
                            Here's some more pics from that night. Don't know the person that took the pics, just found the link on a local board. She took alot of pictures of Diggers.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/doodli...7b22&.tok=
                            I saw this chick in the front the whole time. She was taking pictures about every 30 seconds. I would've been freaking annoyed if I was John.

Comment

Working...