X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Majik
    Getting warmed up
    • Jun 2004

Need help from Expereienced WMC'er!

Ok, so me and my friends are flyinging into Ft. Lauderdale airport. We are looking for the best way to get from there to Miami. Is there a train or bus system that is easy to use out there? Or is a taxi our best bet. Any help/adivice is GREATLY appreciated!
    Majik
    Bridgeport, Friction_LA, Eccentic Beats Wired_LA
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Re: Need help from Expereienced WMC'er!

It's about 30 miles from the Ft. Lauderdale Int'l Airport to SoBe. A cab ride could prove to be a bit costly. There are some shuttles that run from Ft. Lauderdale Airport to Miami Airport, but I would suggest you call the concierge at the airport and also try your hotel to find out what they suggest. Best of luck.
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• Jibgolly
      Vortexuralizor
      • Jun 2004

im not 100% sure on this, but i heard a shuttle from the Ft Lauderdale airport to South Beach is about $60.
      to my knowledge there is no train system from Ft Laud to SoBe.
      good luck.

Comment

• gjg21
        Gold Gabber
        • Jul 2004

last time i went, we flew straight into MIA, but then out of lauderdale. we took a shuttle which, although i don't recall the exact price, was a hell of a lot cheaper than taking a cab. that would be my suggestion.

Comment

• skahound
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Jun 2004

The shuttle I saw from Ft. Laud to Miami airports was $23/person.
          A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• pinoqio
            Fresh Peossy
            • Jun 2004

Well you have 2 options if you dont want to take a cab or a shuttle. Yo can take the regular buses which will take you to aventura thats south of broward county and use the dade county buses. (The S bus and others drop you at south beach). Or the other option y go to the metro rail station besides the FLL airport and go to the Miami Airport station. As far as I know the buses to the airports are free. And from the Miami airport yo can go either to downtown miami or to the beach.

Here is the website for the dade county buses:

Metrobus service is available from Miami Beach, Key Biscayne, West Miami-Dade, Broward County, Homestead, Florida City and the Middle Keys.

Private message me if you have any questions.

Comment

• dohturdima
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by skahound
              The shuttle I saw from Ft. Laud to Miami airports was $23/person.
              Shuttle is def. the way to go from Ft. L. I think I paid about this much to get to South Beach a couple of years ago. You have to wait a little, but it's def worth paying more than half less than for a cab.
              Habit is a form of exercise

Comment

• pinoqio
                Fresh Peossy
                • Jun 2004

True, but if its a large group multiply that times 23 and its a lot. The cost of one person would be for the whole group in the metro rail. Ive done and its an easy ride.

Comment

• jabondan
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jun 2004

For all of you arriving to FLL and are in a budget, not because you are cheap but because you know how to spend your money (partying, Drugs), theres a shuttle that takes you to the Tri-Rail Station. For only 30 cents the train drops you in Miami Airport, a taxi from there is like 8 bucks to downtown.

Cheers

Comment

Working...