Space Projects Vs. Starvation - An [ms] debate...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobjuice
    Banned
    • May 2008

Space Projects Vs. Starvation - An [ms] debate...

Originally posted by Kamal
    unreal.... simply unreal what we are now capable of.
    I'd much rather someone made a teapot that doesn't drip
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Curiosity has landed

^^^ I would drink to that
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

Australians drink tea? Maybe they should've sent curiosity down-under on a Trivia and fun-fact gathering mission. I'd drink to that.
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      Originally posted by ace_dl
      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

Yeah me too, wouldn't have cost anywhere near as much and they may have got some information that was actually usable in the real world.

Australians definitely drink tea, probably all those english convicts in our past .
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by res0nat0r
          First full color image:

Not very exciting.

Comment

• trick12
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Kamal
            unreal.... simply unreal what we are now capable of.
            Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• bobjuice
              Banned
              • May 2008

I once had a "good friend" who was a record breaking goat on a skateboard. Awesome!!!

Comment

• nick007
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Oct 2007

^was this your "good friend"?

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

Originally posted by DIDI
                  Yeah me too, wouldn't have cost anywhere near as much and they may have got some information that was actually usable in the real world.
                  Being an astronomy buff, someone once asked me, why would you spend Billions of Dollars to go to a Rocky Dusty Planet where there's nothing there, I asked them the same question in a different way, why would you spend Thousands of Dollars of your own hard earned money and go sit by the sea and stare at it or go stand to the edge of a beautiful waterfall, just to watch the water drop.

It's the same fundamental (other than taking a holiday) i.e. fulfill your sense of discovery and adventure. Of course when the budget is so much greater, there's a lot farther you can go with it.

Moreover, reading the statement "got some information that was actually usable in the real world.", well that tells me one of 2 things, what they have found and bought back on previous missions was of little / no interest to you or you haven't taken a holiday in a really long time
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                  he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                  I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• bobjuice
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

The more i look at the pics, the more i think it really is in Australia anyways.

I hear you Kamal about the adventure and the discovery and the quest for knowledge. But do you not think a little more effort righting the wrongs we create on Earth would be in order before jetting off to fuck somewhere else up?
                    I take your analogy of the holiday but would you go on holiday while your kids were starving at home?

Comment

• res0nat0r
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • May 2006

^there is still a lot of money and a lot of people trying to fix problems here on earth, so that isn't being ignored....

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

^^^ But think just how much more could be done. We might even be able to actually fix some of those problems

@ Bobjuice Thank you, couldn't have said it better myself.

It really gets to me that we seem to be looking for a new home because we are trashing the current one.

Kamal I find beauty around me everyday right here on earth. I discover things every day, an ordinary life can have adventures. I don't think most people would consider me unadventurous.

I do understand that people can feel a sense of wonder that these things are happening , but for me the cost is just too high, and I don't mean the actual financial so much as the cost in human sacrifice.

And it does look like outback Australia . Can we get another conspiracy theory happening here.

Comment

• bobjuice
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

Originally posted by res0nat0r
                          ^there is still a lot of money and a lot of people trying to fix problems here on earth, so that isn't being ignored....
                          So you fly off and let your kids starve as long as you've left some money in a drawer somewhere (more than enough to feed them, they just need to find it) and you hope that someone else will put some effort into keeping them alive so you don't have to? Is that not the same?

Comment

• Kamal
                            Administrator
                            • May 2002

Finding a new home and trashing the current one? Is that what you made of the Mars Exploration Project?

As far as fixing things here on earth, you're making comparisons that don't even belong in the same sentence. Starving people and Space Exploration? Really? Blanketing noble agendas by suffocating other meaningful areas of progress is definitely the way to go. Why don't we fire all the brightest people in the world who have worked hard to get us to witness some of the most remarkable achievements of mankind so we can start feeding the needy.

People are hurting and suffering and injustice happens all over the world, but that should never stop life from moving forward.

From the face of the arguments, everyone is happy to sit and point fingers at others for not doing enough but how much has anything been done on a personal basis and changed things within their immediate vicinity, for the greater good - all it seems to be so far is harping about it on the internet.

This is the kind of of sentiment that affects this board, let's all sit and cry about the world and make sure no progress is achieved because until all the problems are resolved, there's no sense in doing anything meaningful and spending on anything else. And while we're at it, let's all go club and listen to electronic music.

Very cool.
                            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• trick12
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jul 2007

id love to go to space, when i have achieved everything else in life....and i think theres also alot more to explore in earth, its not like all earth secrets have been already discovered.

the only thing more important than science is meaningful science that benefits humans
                              Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

Working...