Space Projects Vs. Starvation - An [ms] debate...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: Curiosity has landed

The olympics have been in play since the late 1800s chief. 3 times longer than space missions and once every 4 years. Let's Pie-Chart that.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• bobjuice
      Banned
      • May 2008

Relevant to my point how?

Comment

• bobjuice
        Banned
        • May 2008

I don't agree with oscene amount of money thrown at the olympics either

Have the 2012 London olympics (to which the chart refers) been goin on since 1800s ? No

Is it possible to hold a sports event without having done it before? Yes
        Is it possible to just fly to mars with no space travel experience? No

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
          Do you come on here just to make your halo shine brighter? You sound like the Priest who taught me Moral Science in middle school. I do my share of charity as and when I can, but I have never ever ever had the need to make myself sound morally poetic and come on a forum and ridicule a healthy yet unrelated discussion.

And you're calling me out for accusing? I fail to see the accusation in my statement, in fact I'm simply defending a position which seems to have been taken on by you and a few others that is seemingly less important than feeding the needy. I sure see the point of not highlighting the good that you do in real life, on a music site, but then again, I have continuously failed to see your need to decidedly and deliberately badger a position that goes beyond your sense of reason, on a music site. Rather hypocritical don't you think? The word Troll jumps to mind rather aptly.

If hunger bugs you, start a different thread, don't try to drown every thread with your dilemmas.

And honey, if you've missed the gravy train already, money is the common denominator for EVERY SINGLE THING in this world, including you finding a way into this thread to make your point.

Just as Tiddles pointed out in his link, the logical deduction you can make by reading that page is that science in itself is meaningful. Rather oxymoronic to try and point out the difference. Just because you don't have the vision or have yet to experience the benefits of the purpose of the project, doesn't mean it isn't useful by any stretch of the imagination.

Smart minds at NASA have contributed their fair share of discoveries to the common man, just because you have yet to experience some of the products of their inventions doesn't make them any less useful to mankind.

Boy if the 2.4 Billion Dollar Curiosity expedition bugs you, then the 8.4 Billion Dollar LHC experiments must really get your goat, and little do you know that if you have ever had an MRI (or any other form or resonance imaging), you have already reaped the real world benefits of it.

So yes, please continue, let's argue with each other over hunger and diminish the incredible work that the incredible minds on this planet continue to do in the name of science.
          You made this an issue , as I said it's all about balance. You are arguing issues that are in YOUR head not mine.
          Originally posted by TheVrk
          it IS incredible isn't it??
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Kat
            A pretty fn good milkshake
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by bobjuice
            did you know that it takes only 10$ to sponsor 1 child for a month? think about that next time you go out for a beer
            ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• Kamal
              Administrator
              • May 2002

Originally posted by DIDI
              You made this an issue , as I said it's all about balance. You are arguing issues that are in YOUR head not mine.
              Sorry to bust your delusional bubble, you have an issue with the Government giving 2 Billion to Nasa to go to Mars, I don't. There are no issues in MY head as far as the title of the thread goes "Curiosity has landed", but there sure are issues swirling in your head to draw parallels to hungry people.

Seriously, quit while you're still ahead.
              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
              he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
              I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• bobjuice
                Banned
                • May 2008

My own charity work is my own business. Are you comparing my personal finances to those of Nasa and world governments?

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

@ Kat. How do you know he doesn't. ??
                  STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• Kamal
                    Administrator
                    • May 2002

Have the 2012 London olympics (to which the chart refers) been goin on since 1800s ? No

Is it possible to hold a sports event without having done it before? Yes
                    Is it possible to just fly to mars with no space travel experience? No
                    If you want to draw a parallel to the fact that cumulative space research over 60 years has yielded to the ability to flying to Mars with an additional expense of 2 Billion on the Curiosity mission, then be fair and consider how much has been cumulatively expended towards the Olympics since the 1800s. Yes you don't need to have a prior held sports event, in order to hold it this time, but to spend on it again and again and again is far more senseless than just winging out a space mission on the first shot. And then if you pie-chart the expenses towards each Olympics from the date of inception, that should give you an answer with sufficient zeros to feed the world over.
                    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• Kat
                      A pretty fn good milkshake
                      • Mar 2006

My own charity work is my own business. Are you comparing my personal finances to those of Nasa and world governments?
                      forget i said anything

i'm out
                      ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
                        Sorry to bust your delusional bubble, you have an issue with the Government giving 2 Billion to Nasa to go to Mars, I don't. There are no issues in MY head as far as the title of the thread goes "Curiosity has landed", but there sure are issues swirling in your head to draw parallels to hungry people.

Seriously, quit while you're still ahead.
                        There is nothing to be ahead of. You are right about me having issues with money I think could be balanced better in it's spending, but you seem to be taking it very personally . That is your issue.

Comment

• Kamal
                          Administrator
                          • May 2002

Are you expecting a different response by saying it again and again? That I'm taking it personally? I haven't taken anything personally, but senseless arguments do get a rise of out me. But if having your last word is what tickles your fanny pack, then I'll let you indulge in the glory. I promise you I won't reply anymore.
                          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• thebanned1
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • May 2009

fuck sake... another thread that soon gets lowered to the depth of ms internal arguments and i,ve only read the last page and a half

not wanting to get involved in anything i,m gonna put my feelings across about the subject

imo getting off this planet to another world is probably one of the most important things humans can do for every living thing on the planet because if we don't then everything is going to die and again imo that would be such a waste of something so precious, the sun is going to explode one day taking out the whole system and yet were in a position to move on and continue life... its a great feat for not only mankind but also every living thing on the planet and i think that instead of certain countries doing it on their own i think they should get together and do it on a global scale... it important
                            How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• Jenks
                              I'm kind of a big deal.
                              • Jun 2004

Re: Space Projects Vs. Starvation - An [ms] debate...

How Does NASA Research Affect My Life?

Comment

• floridaorange
                                I'm merely a humble butler
                                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by thebanned1
                                fuck sake... another thread that soon gets lowered to the depth of ms internal arguments and i,ve only read the last page and a half

not wanting to get involved in anything i,m gonna put my feelings across about the subject

The problem Banned1 is that there is no sense of DECORUM on Mercury Server, I'm not sure why? In most public forums members either abide by certain general standards or they are banned. The general standards should be not to HIJACK a thread, instead start a new thread, and not cause a TRAINWRECK. The word trainwreck in this instance means to "DERAIL" the subject matter in a given thread intentionally.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

Working...