discuss.
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: Starvation vs. Fasting (debate)

Someone MARRY ME!!
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Jenks
        I'm kind of a big deal.
        • Jun 2004

I did a 4 day fast a few months ago, kept a journal of the experience. Will probably push it to 7 next time, it was awesome. Great mind + body reset.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
          Anyone have Styx livesets?
          • Jun 2004

^^^ did you drink water at least?
          ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• floridaorange
            • Dec 2005

^
            ^
            As long as you don't mind your body freaking out and storing fat because it thinks it has to.

Fasting seems a bit extreme for 4 - 7 days imo, but I don't eat meat (going on yr 5) and that felt like a major reset for my entire life in many positive ways, so although I understand, I would caution against doing that to yourself.

Comment

• Jenks
              I'm kind of a big deal.
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
              ^As long as you don't mind your body freaking out and storing fat because it thinks it has to.

Fasting seems a bit extreme for 4 - 7 days imo, but I don't eat meat (going on yr 5) and that felt like a major reset for my entire life in many positive ways, so although I understand, I would caution against doing that to yourself.
              I have an Omega Juicer and drank a few juiced vegetables each day. It was a 4 day juice fast. My wife and I drank enough juice to keep the calorie count up for energy, and flood the body with vitamins, but you take in no fibrous material so your digestive system completely shuts down, which directs that energy towards healing, other areas of your body, etc, and empties out your intestines. I've studied nutrition for years and also am a licensed athletic trainer, so I don't just go about these fasts carelessly. Periodic extended juice fasts are great for your body- the benefits are a google search away if you're interested.

You're 100% spot on with how you feel not eating meat. I'm mostly vegetarian. I say mostly, because I will certainly go off the rails for an evening of gluttonous drunken fueled debauchery occasionally because it's hella fun and really tasty.

"Excess in moderation"

Comment

• Kamal
                Administrator
                • May 2002

I cant believe this thread is going to have more posts than the actual mars lander thread....
                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                Originally posted by ace_dl
                Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Jenks
                  I'm kind of a big deal.
                  • Jun 2004

^yeah, but the mars thread has longevity on it's side, 14 years to be exact.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • May 2006

Do you have any links to any juice fasting pages? I've always wanted to try something like this to try and feel how I turn out after trying one, but I've never bothered to find research the info to make sure I won't end up killing myself.

If you have any pages that outline a good healthy plan I'd like to try it.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by Kamal

Comment

• floridaorange
                        • Dec 2005

#firstworldproblemstothemax

excess in moderation

More like extreme dieting + extreme drinking/debauchery.

Moderate moderation

Comment

• Jenks
                          I'm kind of a big deal.
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by res0nat0r
                          Do you have any links to any juice fasting pages? I've always wanted to try something like this to try and feel how I turn out after trying one, but I've never bothered to find research the info to make sure I won't end up killing myself.

If you have any pages that outline a good healthy plan I'd like to try it.
                          a good simple plan: Juice Fast The 5 Day Plan | wellpicked

some info on benefits of juice fasting: Juice Fasting | FreedomYou

i recommend this juicer: Amazon.com: Omega J8005 Nutrition Center Single-Gear Commercial Masticating Juicer, Chrome and Black: Kitchen Dining

other higher speed juicers will work for less $$, but the downside is twofold- high speeds heat up the fruit/vegetable pulp which destroys enzymes, plus high speed juicers will not effectively juice leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, wheatgrass, etc. the omega masticates these kind of leafy vegetables perfectly into a pulp free high vitamin extract juice.

juice bought from a store is not an option, as those are full of all kinds of sugars, preservatives, malarky, and bat shit. know what's going into your body.

Originally posted by floridaorange
                          #firstworldproblemstothemax

excess in moderation

More like extreme dieting + extreme drinking/debauchery.

Moderate moderation
                          The "excess in moderation" quote is from Doug Stanhope. The bit is hilarious, check it out.

A juice fast isn't "extreme dieting". It's not a diet at all, it's a cleanse. Americans are so far behind the rest of the world when it comes to alternative/holistic healing. Gee, pharma lobby? maybe they want you to pay for a bunch of pharmaceuticals instead of healing your own body yourself with proper nutrition.
                          Last edited by Jenks; August 9, 2012, 04:39:00 PM.

Comment

• GarryX
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Jenks
                            a good simple plan: Juice Fast The 5 Day Plan | wellpicked

some info on benefits of juice fasting: Juice Fasting | FreedomYou

i recommend this juicer: Amazon.com: Omega J8005 Nutrition Center Single-Gear Commercial Masticating Juicer, Chrome and Black: Kitchen Dining

other higher speed juicers will work for less $$, but the downside is twofold- high speeds heat up the fruit/vegetable pulp which destroys enzymes, plus high speed juicers will not effectively juice leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, wheatgrass, etc. the omega masticates these kind of leafy vegetables perfectly into a pulp free high vitamin extract juice.

juice bought from a store is not an option, as those are full of all kinds of sugars, preservatives, malarky, and bat shit. know what's going into your body.

The "excess in moderation" quote is from Doug Stanhope. The bit is hilarious, check it out.

A juice fast isn't "extreme dieting". It's not a diet at all, it's a cleanse. Americans are so far behind the rest of the world when it comes to alternative/holistic healing. Gee, pharma lobby? maybe they want you to pay for a bunch of pharmaceuticals instead of healing your own body yourself with proper nutrition.
                            Thanks for this info Jenks, i have a family member that is suffering from certain things and has been considering fasting as a different form of healing. Ill be sure to read and pass on info!

Comment

• thebanned1
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • May 2009

i must admit i,ve tried fasting before.... longest i,ve lasted with nothing is 5 days but i really didn't feel much benefit from it except loosing weight

best thing i,ve ever done though and it made me feel fantastic is a 9 day detox diet, was costly to get all the correct ingredients but when it was done i swear that's the best i,ve ever felt in my adult life

i followed this book http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0...ls_o03_s00_i00
                              How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

Working...