• Show
Clear All
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

Lytro cameras

Dude... this is bad ass.

Lytro

How would this change photography for you?
  • Kat
    A pretty fn good milkshake
    • Mar 2006

Re: Lytro cameras

i predict great things for Lytro!! amazing! want!
    ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

I imagine you can't really take quick snaps with it?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

I've read they are not new technology, but at this price point they are now available to your average consumer.

big review here:

Lytro review | The Verge

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

^above link links to the fella's thesis.

Lytro review | The Verge

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
            • Dec 2005

whoops, thanks/fixed. that thesis was waaaay too long .

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Feb 2009

Very impressive.. Want one too!

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• jofferystarkk89
                Fresh Peossy
                • Jul 2015

The Canon EOS 50D is equipped with a new 15.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor, measuring 22.3x14.9mm. It generates 3:2 aspect ratio images with a maximum resolution of 4752x3168 pixels, which gives it 864 more pixels horizontally and 576 pixels vertically than the EOS 40D; at 300 dpi, this allows the 50D’s images to be printed at 15.8x10.5in to the 40D’s 13x8.6in. The 12.2 Megapixel EOS 450D / XSi falls roughly in-between the two.
                Canon 50D - quality The 50D’s JPEGs can be recorded at two lower resolutions (8 and 3.7 Megapixels) and with the choice of Fine or Normal compression. RAW files are of course offered, although unusually again in the choice of three resolutions: either the full 15.1 Megapixels, 7.1 Megapixels in SRAW1 mode or 3.8 Megapixels in the new SRAW2 mode.
                Cleverly the RAW and JPEG options can be set separately, allowing you to choose any combination. So if recording both JPEG and RAW, you could have RAW, SRAW1 or SRAW2, accompanied by a JPEG at any of the three resolutions or two compression settings. Best quality Large Fine JPEGS typically measure between 5 and 8MB each, while full-size RAW files measure 17 to 25MB each.

Comment

• floridaorange
                  • Dec 2005

What has that got to do with Lytro?

Comment

• go0gle
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jan 2007

I don't think its going to go anywhere to be honest...its just seems a bit too gimmicky

Comment

Working...