aka brain fart. totally did not care.
      dead, yet alive.

Comment

• MJ
        Here since 2002
        • Jun 2004

Re: MS feels empty...

Originally posted by webbie
        I find it very hard to navigate, everything is so blurry and garbled up with boxes and links here and there.
        Come on man, you`ve been here for one day and have a total of seven posts, don`t you think it`ll take you time to get used to this forum?

Then when you`ve done that it`ll change again just to confuse you some more. :P
        mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• Localizer
          Platinum Poster
          • Jul 2004

from a human factors standpoint, he's right. the way navigation is set up is too cluttered.
          Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
          -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• asdf_admin
            i use to be important
            • Jun 2004

but we are not humans. at least i am not.
            dead, yet alive.

Comment

• Kamal
              Administrator
              • May 2002

Originally posted by Localizer
              from a human factors standpoint, he's right. the way navigation is set up is too cluttered.
              I cant see how....

the Forum Index has the categories of the 3 sites and a click on a category brings you to the related subforum underneath.... its just added a layer of separation between you and the posts...

in the previous version (of last week), you could only see the site links and so the level of disconnection was way higher than this.... at least not, you can see exactly which category has a new post and if the category is of interest, you can venture down into it.....

previously, you could just see the 3 main sites and each site always had a new post, so you couldn't really tell what that post was about until you went ahead and found your way to the specific post....

it takes a little getting use to but its good

plus now with the images, you can easily tell the forum / sites apart.

-e-
              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
              he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
              Originally posted by ace_dl
              Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
              I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• webbie
                Fresh Peossy
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Musical Journey
                Originally posted by webbie
                I find it very hard to navigate, everything is so blurry and garbled up with boxes and links here and there.
                Come on man, you`ve been here for one day and have a total of seven posts, don`t you think it`ll take you time to get used to this forum?

Then when you`ve done that it`ll change again just to confuse you some more. :P
                No man, ive been here for maybe a year or year and a half but my last user got deleted so i had to recreate.

However it would have been even better if i was totally fresh and new because then the problem would have been even bigger, if a new user cant find the layout logic then there will be a problem attracting new users.

Encryption: I found the layout to be too cluttered and too much clicks here and there to get to the right place, when i wanted to get to the forum i had to go back to the main page because all i could find was some game menu, album menu and so on and so on, i just couldnt find what i was looking for. And in the forums, there are millions of them! Thats nothing bad but it just feels like you are clicking away never reaching the forum you like, i was almost expecting "Tracklists -> Progressive House -> Artists -> D -> John Digweed -> Year 2002 -> Month - July", thats exaggregating but you get the point.

One could argue that users not familiar to the concept at once doesnt belong here, in that case, sorry to have bothered you.
                I guess i just want it plain and simple.
                - webbie

Comment

• asdf_admin
                  i use to be important
                  • Jun 2004

Webbie,

I think your input is very valid. and you made your point in a very "adult" way. I thank you for that. It also does show your respect. I think this change happened very quickly, and I would watch out for updates and changes.

... remember this is a progressive community.
                  dead, yet alive.

Comment

• webbie
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Mar 2005

Thank you for that reply, i was getting worried that i would be flamed to hell.

Anyways, i was searching for a topic earlier and i think that demonstrates my problem with how you have divided the forums. Look at the search function
                    and see how incredible many forums there are! Its very good in one way, everything gets into the right place but its almost too much to handle when
                    trying to find the right subforum to search in.

Also, if you look at the forums you have to go thru just to get to the vinyl discussion:
                    Forum index ? MercuryPromote - DJ's and Producer Central ? SINGLES, SAMPLES, RECOMMENDED SETS AND PRODUCTION SOFTWARE ? Vinyls, singles, and anything longer than 6 ? Vinyl discussions

There is some direct links to subforums i just now realized but i havent seen them before, just too much text.
                    Anyways, i dont wanna sound like Mr Whine, other from this im finding the forum much more friendly and fun to be at then before.
                    - webbie

Comment

• Localizer
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jul 2004

I have no problems working with any of the admins to help make this site easier for people to use. Afterall, my major is Human Factors Engineering and the masters I will be seeking will be in Human Computer Interaction. Please don't take offense to these critiques, it's only meant to help relieve stress on you in the long run and to help alleviate stress on the eyes for the user.
                      Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                      -Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...