• Show
Clear All
  • unkle
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Mar 2007

Hernán Cattáneo Resident | Delta FM • 22.09.2012 • Episode 072

Part 1

Bookashade - Tomorrow
    Simon Firth - Transporter (Checkor Remix)
    Deepfunk - Talking to Yourself
    Dennis A - Black Sun (Guy Mantzur & Sahar Z Remix)

Part 2

Lonya - Fairy
    Nick Warren - In Search Of Silver (Diyo Remix)
    TILT vs Ben Shaw - Sly One (Andre Sobota Remix)
    LoQuai - Acuity
    Pig&Dan - Natives (Dosem Remix)

Last edited by unkle; September 22, 2012, 11:12:04 PM.
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: Hernán Cattáneo Resident | Delta FM • 22.09.2012 • Episode 072

Hernán Cattáneo : Resident (Delta FM 90.3) - Episode 072

Part 1:

01. Booka Shade - Tomorrow Belongs To Us (Extended Mix) (Honeyslave EP) [Dim Mak Records | 887396219908]
    02. Simon Firth - Transporter (Checkor Remix) [Segment Records | Promo]
    03. Deepfunk - Talking to Yourself [Sixtysevensuns | SSS001]
    04. Denis A - Black Sun (Guy Mantzur & Sahar Z Remix) [DAR | DAR030]

Part 2:

01. Lonya - Fairy [unreleased]
    02. Nick Warren - In Search Of Silver (Diyo Remix) [Bedrock Records | unreleased]
    03. TILT vs Ben Shaw - Sly One (André Sobota Remix) [Mesmeric Records | MESMERIC024]
    04. LoQuai - Acuity [Electronic Tree | ETREE014]
    05. Pig&Dan - Natives (Dosem Remix) [Soma Quality Recordings | Promo]

Release Notes:

01. Booka Shade - Tomorrow Belongs To Us (Extended Mix) (Honeyslave EP) [Dim Mak Records | 887396219908]

Booka Shade, cofounders of Berlin’s Get Physical, bring us “Honeyslave” EP. The pair have developed their “psychic musical connection” to create a release sticky with gorgeous tonal melodies and deep house with a hint of darkness.

The EP is released via Dim Mak globally on 21st August, & will be followed by a remix EP in September.

Press:

[Beat My Day]

Long-serving German House duo Walter Merziger and Arno Kammermeier, better known to the world as Booka Shade, follow up last year’s ‘Home’ alongside M.A.N.D.Y with a diverse four-piece EP for Steve Aoki’s Dim Mak Records.

Opposing the heavy-hitting Electro House more commonly associated with the record label of Steve Aoki, the dark and hypnotic lead progressions of Booka Shade’s latest release are met with a climax of growling bass and strong melodics true to their own melodic persuasions. While there may never again be a record of the same calibre as the House classic that is ‘Body Language’, the ‘Honeyslave’ EP indicates that among the times of urban crossovers, Booka Shade are never ones to rest on their laurels.

[Indie Shuffle]

Booka Shade, the widely successful German Duo, has just released a new EP on Dim Mak entitled Honeyslave, and it’s as sweet as it sounds. Which is why this choice of label surprised me. I’ve, rather appropriately, associated Dim Mak with music like this (a.k.a desensitized dubstep). Contrary to annoying bass drops-on-blast and fuzzed-out synths that sound more like garden work than music, Booka Shade offers a melodic escape into tasteful, progressive house. The tight, roomy percussion fills the head while string stabs hit the heart. ”Tomorrow Belongs To Us” never winds-up to decibels damaging to human ears, but is instead decidedly soothing. I recommend checking out the full EP as even the club mixes retain this most pleasant mood.

[Big Shot Mag]

Thanks to releasing a steady stream of quality house tunes over the years, German house duo Booka Shade — Arno Kammermeier and Walter Merziger — need no introduction to Big Shot readers. Yesterday it was announced that the Teutonic duo known for running the mighty Berlin-based Get Physical label have inked a deal with Steve Aoki’s LA-based Dim Mak. The relationship has gotten off to a quick start with Dim Mak just releasing Booka Shade’s Honeyslave EP.

Obligatory press gush from Steve Aoki about signing Booka Shade: “One of the first records that really got me into house and dance music was Body Language. It was at the time when electro started peaking its head out into the world and I became immersed in that culture. Seven years later, I am proud to say that Dim Mak is releasing this incredible EP by the legends Booka Shade. Their sound has been consistent and always getting more and more fresh. This EP is a testament to that.”

Have a listen to the title track below which boasts a cool, phased sound and driving melody line.

02. Simon Firth - Transporter (Checkor Remix) [Segment Records | Promo]

Athens based Costas Mitsopoulos (Checkor) last appeared on Resident 065 remixing El Mariachi's 'Monde' [Fluxus Music]

Checkor has also remixed artists such as: Ryan Luciano (Feel It / Light Records), Verche (Grim Dawn / Aenaria Recordings), Darren Flecta (Magna / Fluxus Music), Demian Jack (Holograma / Stripped Digital), dpen (The Path / Indigo Records) & others, while in the meantime his first E.P "Tears Have Turned To Snow" (System Recordings) was released in 2011.

Here Checkor delves into Segment Records back catalogue, remixing their first release of 2012 from Simon Firth [SEGMENT42]

03. Deepfunk - Talking to Yourself [Sixtysevensuns | SSS001]

Malta's Deepfunk has had tracks on Resident 064 (Remote Templates / (Hakimonu Cause And Effect Dub / Subtract Music) 050 (Black Lemon Trees / Wide Angle Recordings) 037 (Guy Mantzur - Amorphous Love / Deepfunk's 2am Mix / Flow Vinyl) 021 (Monday / Luis Bondio Unofficial Remix) and 013 (Kassey Voorn - Ghalantomos / Deepfunk Remix / Lowbit Records)

The first release on Deepfunk's imprint - SIXTYSEVENSUNS sees two mind-bending and hypnotic tracks that will certainly make it a great start.

It is easy to get lost in the atmosphere that the track 'Talking to Yourself' creates. Lush melodies and driving arpeggios together with dark trippy voices and heavy bass-lines will suck you right in. While 'Velvet Skylight' takes you in to a more gritty electronic journey. Perfect peak time track!
    SIXTYSEVENSUNS is a new label that's worth keeping your eye on.

Released by: SIXTYSEVENSUNS
    Release/catalogue number: SSS001
    Release date: Sep 24, 2012

04. Denis A - Black Sun (Guy Mantzur & Sahar Z Remix) [DAR | DAR030]

Tel Aviv talents Guy Mantzur & Sahar Z return on the back of a great remix of Guy J's 'Lost & Found'.

30th Anniversary release on DAR Label: Denis A - Black Sun EP include remixes by Jimmy Van M, Luis Junior, Guy Mantzur & Sahar Z, Dibby Dougherty & David Young's.

Released by: DAR
    Release/catalogue number: DAR030

05. Lonya - Fairy [unreleased]

Lönya is a Tel-Aviv based artist/dj and is best known to Resident listeners for his Sudbeat releases with Hakimonu [Sea Saw EP | SB016] and DJ Zombi [Kalaniot | SB022].

He is a co-founder and manager of Asymmetric Recordings/Dip , Resident Dj at The Cat & Dog 's weekly Shlishi Sofash extravaganza and a leading force behind Asymmetric Soul live-act . His music can be found on labels such as Sudbeat, Elevation, Resopal, Bpitch, Adaptation, Konsequenz , Flow Vynil , Supplemental, Abstract Theory, Acryl, Insist, Ready Mix, Transport, Florentine, Duffnote, Falkplatz and many more.

While Lonya's productions for Asymmetric Soul are more house -rooted and vocal-oriented , his own style ranges from uplifting tech house to deep and minimal melodic techno.

06. Nick Warren - In Search Of Silver (Diyo Remix) [Bedrock Records | unreleased]

Hailing from Buenos Aires Diyo was seduced by the sounds of progressive house. Diyo began his career as a DJ/Producer, being influenced, enlightened and inspired in his path through music by legends such as Hernan Cattaneo, Sasha, John Digweed, and Danny Howells.

His first tracks saw the light of day In Hernan Cattaneo’s weekly program “Sequential”, airing Saturday nights in Buenos Aires’ Metrodance 95.1 FM Radio, but with later repercussion with downloads all over the world. Aside from being featured in Hernan’s show several times, Diyo has also been charted by Hernan on many occasions. 

Diyo’s creativity allows him to produce tracks with a lot of individuality and a variety of sounds, but always being loyal to combinations of melodies, atmospheric sounds, and intelligent grooves. One of his most successful productions is a remix of UNKLE’s Heaven, which had the support of many first class DJs, critics, and fans from all over the electronic music universe.

He also produced two tracks for Hernan Cattaneo´s last instalment of the Renaissance Master Series, ¨Parallel¨, one of them as an exclusive to close the disc; the other one also had a massive support from John Digweed and and include it in your hard bedrock 12, which makes Diyo the first argentinean to release a track in that prestigious label. 

Successful on his individual work, Diyo has also put time into Audioproyect, a rising DJ/Producers duo he integrates alongside his friend and colleague, DJ Tonnsaied.

07. TILT vs Ben Shaw - Sly One (André Sobota Remix) [Mesmeric Records | MESMERIC024]

The legendary Prog-House act TILT is back! No one can forget the string of cult classic tracks they released in the 90s & early 2000s. It's been a while since the last time we heard anything from TILT but here they are, on top form & collaborating with the awesome Ben Shaw (whom you may remember for his incredible tracks on Cass & Slide Fire label) to deliver their latest track on Mesmeric!, , Sly One , a tribute to Marina Van-Rooy cult classic, is bringing some fresh air to the scene with its housey grooves leading to an awesome breakdown that will give you goose bumps., To go with the original, our favourite producer - André Sobota - delivers an awesome remix for the track with a bass-line you're going to LOVE & tons of atmosphere. Mr Sobota delivers once more!

08. LoQuai - Acuity [Electronic Tree | ETREE014]

With great pleasure we welcome at our imprint one of the most important names on progressive house scene in last few years – german producer Konstantin Alt, better known as LoQuai.

Quality of his original productions and especially countless number of remixes made for big names and labels but also for those up and coming, brought him loads of fans worldwide for fantastic skills as well as big respect for being straightforward and friendly person in private. If for any reason your knowledge about his discography is too little - "Acuity" with it's melodic approach and trademark atmospheric flow is the perfect ground to dive into the magic world of LoQuai's musical imagination.

Four remixes on board comes courtesy of Matteo Monero – italian master of dark beats and analog sound lover, Noa Romana & Deersky – producers duo faithful in classic progressive vibes with some well acclaimed releases this year on such labels as Mistique, Deepsessions and Crossfade Sounds, Trukers – prog breaks revelation from Spain and E.F.G. - polish talent still developing his highly energetic style combining elements of various genres. Essential package that will surely rock many autumn track-lists!

09. Pig & Dan - Natives (Dosem Remix) [Soma Quality Recordings | Promo]

Taken from Pig & Dan 10 year anniversary LP 'Decade' which displays the perfectly produced sounds, dynamism, intricacy, rich depth and innovation from one of electronic musics most enduring and consistent duos, 'Natives' is remixed by Girona's Dosem, who has made a big impression already in 2012.

No further release info available.
    Last edited by simonr; September 24, 2012, 03:53:57 PM.
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• stephen028
      Addiction started
      • Nov 2007

thanks again, simon. another good 1. where's didi, though?

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

I'm back here now, although I'm still banned on the rest of the forum. I've been OS and then did Hernan's tour here.

Btw i have actually been able to listen to this and it's gooood!!!
        Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• OkiDokie
          Addiction started
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by DIDI
          I'm back here now, although I'm still banned on the rest of the forum
          why so? lol

Originally posted by DIDI
          I've been OS and then did Hernan's tour here.

HOW WAS IT?!

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Nobody told me why I am banned , so I don't know

I wrote a little review in the Australian Gig forum. I want to do something more comprehensive on Hernan's forum so haven't done it yet. But I have to say his last gig in Australia was one of the best gigs I have ever been to. !!
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• nelinho
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Sep 2011

Hernan was great in Brisbane, the crowd was a bit rubbish...it was a sunday night though...podcast 71 featured quite a bit on the night up here...some absolute cracking tracks...

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

^^The crowd wasn't huge but I thought they were great !! Really there for him

Comment

• chuckc
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

hey didi, i am sure you already discovered this but if not u will be happy!

promo release from hernan!!

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

Thank you !! Playing it now !!

Comment

Working...