• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Butter Head
    Banned
    • Sep 2012

Re: Raves then vs. Raves now

Originally posted by thebanned1
    i don't think u can compare the 2, doesn't matter how well set up things are, if the crowd has no energy for the music then sadly the event doesn't go off... back in the day everyone was going crazy, sadly you just don't get that at today’s events
    Nail on the head. The scene is fucked and has been for a very long time. When was the last time anyone went to an event where it really went off? If I’m honest 2001, energy or animation on the dance floor, definitely around the same time. People actually integrating with each other these days, no chance. Everyone’s heads down face forward looking into the DJ booth like a pack of zombies. Are some kids popping pill’s and experiencing the Summer Of Love that people experienced in the 80’s and 90’s? No fucking way

Comment

• Butter Head
      Banned
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by floridaorange
      I understand the distinction you are trying to make about raves, but don't you think if people would have paid $75/person at a rave back in the old days, the promoters would have gladly accepted their money?
      People did pay £75 back in those days and would pay more if the event was worth the money.

Comment

• TheTechnoBlouse
        Banned
        • Sep 2012

Ask any big name DJ from the 90's if the scene was better back then they will give you the same answer. They will tell you its different nowadays Which basically means yes but I want to keep this going as long as I can, as I'm used to a certain lifestyle that I couldn't sustain if I had to do a real job.

Comment

• 88Mariner
          My dick is smaller
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by floridaorange
          Ok, then I could change the title to:

Electronic Dance Music Events then VS. Electronic Dance Events now.

I understand the distinction you are trying to make about raves, but don't you think if people would have paid $75/person at a rave back in the old days, the promoters would have gladly accepted their money?

Florida didn't have warehouse raves, as much as we had clubs that were open until 5am, and raves like ZEN, which were outdoors.
          Look at it this way: Hawtin once could throw parties with nothing but a few massive speakers and a strobe light. I can't imagine people into EDM would be into that.

I guess, maybe, to use an analogy that may make sense, it would be the difference between a woman who wants to marry so she can have a big ring and a big wedding party and a woman who wants to marry because she's head over heels with the guy. Not sure if that will make sense, but it's worth a shot.
          you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• TheTechnoBlouse
            Banned
            • Sep 2012

WTF happened to Butter Head

Comment

• res0nat0r
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • May 2006

^I dunno Chunky, you tell me what you did to get your other account banned.

Comment

• TheTechnoBlouse
                Banned
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by res0nat0r
                ^I dunno Chunky, you tell me what you did to get your other account banned.
                Thats the funny thing that account wasn't me

on 3

Comment

• TheTechnoBlouse
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2012

BTW what happened to john's?

Comment

• Donny Concrete
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Sep 2006

raves then...
                    Even a man who is pure in heart And says his prayers each night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms and the moon is full and bright.

Comment

• threehills
                      I heart Lollergirl
                      • Jun 2005

The one good thing about the new videos is that I don't hear all the twats blowing their whistles to the beat. That used to drive me crazy. SHUT UP already and choke on that damn thing, FFS
                      It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• floridaorange
                        I'm merely a humble butler
                        • Dec 2005

^so true

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• thebanned1
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by threehills
                          The one good thing about the new videos is that I don't hear all the twats blowing their whistles to the beat. That used to drive me crazy. SHUT UP already and choke on that damn thing, FFS

or woot woot woot woot woot woot... i fucking hate that lol
                          How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• EternalX
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • Aug 2004

Raves are defintely different now than they were 15 years ago when I started going. A lot more commercialization, mainstream sponsors these days, all kinds of things. Things are pointing up and getting more popular and this is what happens as a result. Adapt or die, someone said.

Comment

• Illuminate
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Aug 2009

Albeit raves are a lot more on a label promotion and sponsorship driven events. I think you can truly say nothing will change in the fact that there will always be one stage with two to three decks with a crowd there for the music and a crowd there to just hangout. I do believe warehouse parties and club nights have not changed much, obviously depending on who you're seeing and where you are seeing them at.

It's hard to compare the then and now as much has changed with the type of music genres and the elaboration of visual effects. But believe me if Richie Hawtin shows up with a foldable table with a set of decks and a strobe light that's a party for anyone any day.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                              Sbando
                              - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                              Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                              Bob
                              "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                              the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                              KiwiTollway

Comment

• jay813
                                Platinum Poster
                                • May 2005

DESTRUCTO "LA FUNKY" <<first track off that holy ship video, hot shit!

love the old shit, love the new shit , you guys reminisce over old times like a bunch of retired women

disclaimer: went to my first "rave" in chicago back in 99.

Comment

Working...