I'm so in love waiting ..

• DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Renaissance The Masters Series mixed by Hernán Cattáneo _ Reviews 2012

Ahhh Thank you.
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Renaissance - The Masters Series Mixed By Hernan Cattaneo

C
      elebrating their 20th anniversary this year, Renaissance continue to relentlessly squeezing out mix compilations curated by some of the progressive house scene's biggest names. And while many may feel the institution has lost a bit of the untouchable allure from the early millenium years, there's no denying that their releases are still among the most solid in the progressive house niche today. Renaissance's latest release comes from the hands of Hernan Cattaneo, a long term Renaissance associate and one of South America's most popular DJs, who delivers one of his most colorful mixes to date.
      Disc 1 sees Hernan going on a downtempo trip. It's all about slow-paced progressive house and nods to space disco here, with the mix as a whole being a very warm and emotive affair. Starting with a handful of soulful tunes from the likes of Martin Garcia, Ripperton and Timewriter, the mix smoothly moves from lush progressive to darker and more (space) disco-y material built upon quite a few exciting tunes. Highlights of this mix come in the form of Microtrauma's 'Crickets' and Mono Electric Orchestra's 'Indifference (Ambient Mix / Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile Edit)', although it's fair to say that this mix is best enjoyed in a single listening take.
      The second disc is all about the dancefloor and revolves around a set of deep and driving progressive house cuts fused into a very flowing and mesmerizing mix. Fans of quality tunage from the undying clubbier facet of the progressive genre will not be disappointed: the mixing and overall build-up is top notch, but it's the track selection that makes this mix especially worthwhile. 'Left In The Dark' by Rodskeez is one of the early highlights we encounter, and it is after this track that the mix really takes off. The routine mixing may not be among the most surprising, but the vibe this mix spawns definitely makes up for that. That leaves us appointing the best moments of the mix: we already mentioned the Rodskeez tracl, with additional excitement coming from Guy Mantzur & Stehpan Bazbaz' 'All Over Music', and Max Cooper's stunning remix of Agoria's 'Panta Rei'.
      Our verdict:

Hernan and Renaissance have delivered a quality update on the current state of progressive house music across two very exciting discs. The selection of downtempo tracks on the first disc is a welcome breakaway from the standard progressive compilations, while the second disc is a chubby clubby affair like you may expect from a veteran such as Hernan.
      Rating: 7.8/10
      Label: Renaissance
      Release date: October 1st, 2012

Tracklist:

CD1
      1. Guy J - Lost & Found (Found a Corner of Silence Mix) M/W) Peter Keen - Musicians (Accapella)
      2. Martin Garcia - Last Beautiful Flower
      3. Ripperton - Des Promesses De Couleurs
      4. Timewriter - Motherland (Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile Edit)
      5. Pional - In another Room (Reduxed Version)
      6. Compuphonic - Sequoia (diskJokke Remix)
      7. Hernan Cattaneo & John Tonks - Sendai
      8. Lonya - De High (Audio Junkies Romantic Re-Edit)
      9. Nobuyuki Tokunaga - Solid feat. Mia Tuttavilla (Conure Remix)
      10. Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile - Atrial Rhythms
      11. Microtrauma - Crickets
      12. Nick Varon - Shibuya (Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile remix)
      13. Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile - Japanese Snowbell (Day Mix)
      14. Mono Electric Orchestra - Indifference (Ambient Mix / Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile Edit)
      15. Guy Gerber - The Mirror Game (Snake Pit Dub / Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile Edit)
      16. Mercurio - California
      17. Hal Incadenza - Ventura (Masters Series Edit)

CD2
      1. Underset ft. Lifa - Moon Rover
      2. Slok feat. My Favorite Robot - Feel Alive (Slok's Original Vocal Mix)
      3. Layo & Bushwacka! Feat. Cevin Fisher - Dancing in the Dark featuring (Guy Gerber & Tennis Remix)
      4. Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile - Infoxication
      5. Rodskeez - Left in the Dark
      6. Ernest Luminor - Jaga (Pako & Frederik Remix)
      7. Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile - Citycism
      8. Ümit Han - An Einem Traurigen Morgen (Microtrauma Remix)
      9. Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile - Altair
      10. Guy Mantzur & Stehpan Bazbaz - All Over Music
      11. Kieran J - Symbiosis (Santiago Garcia Remix)
      12. Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile - Japanese Snowbell (Guy J Remix)
      13. Fran Von Vie feat Cio May - Wake Me Up When Everything Has Changed
      14. Agoria - Panta Rei (Max Cooper Remix)

Looking forward to doing my own review, this one seems a little tied to the past, It's been a long time since the term Progressive House covered all of Hernan's work. I would be very surprised if that was the case here.

STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• unkle
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Mar 2007

Good Good Good

I like the idea of how the cd is built,
        from the cd 1 till the second.

I need to hear this myself, immediately.

Comment

• D.Williams
          Platinum Poster
          • Aug 2006

None of the Digital outlets have it.... Gee big surprise

Renaissance's website is not even up, its been down for a few days i think.

Comment

• D.Williams
            Platinum Poster
            • Aug 2006

iTunes UK has it but not iTunes US... !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Hoff
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Aug 2009

this . :: Hernan Cattaneo/Various: Renaissance: The Masters Series (mixed by Hernan Cattaneo) (unmixed tracks) at Juno Download
              works for you dwilliams ?ż

I have not tried

part1 of Episode 74 is sooooooo Immense

Comment

• trick12
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jul 2007

^ this is not working in the US
                Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• D.Williams
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Aug 2006

Due to copyright restrictions you cannot buy this product in your country

Thats what I get with Juno... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks though Hoff :-)

and yes Part 1 of episode 74 is crazy good... lovin it!

It's WWW, world wide web, not certain country web... I just don't understand not being able to download because I live in the states!!!!! That just makes me soooo angry to NO end. Even the Mexico iTunes store has it!

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

It's a joke actually . This digital world is actually making it harder to buy top quality sound !! But you don't want it unmixed, you lose the tracks that are album only.

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

This one is more in tune with the way I feel about this.

[Data Transmission Review] Hernan Cattaneo - The Masters Series
                      Posted by Joshua Stephens at 15/10/2012 11:06:00

10/10

Data Transmission : Hernan Cattaneo - The Masters Series [Renaissance]

Renaissance celebrates their 20th anniversary in blinding fashion by calling on their most prolific contributor, South American maestro Hernan Cattaneo, to deliver the latest installment of their elite Masters Series. This compilation’s beauty lies in its completeness with its dynamic approach, immaculate transitions and its awe-inspiring collection of emotive exclusive tracks and remixes.

On the first disc Cattaneo returns to a technique he first explored on his 2010 Parallel compilation by slowing the tempo of club tracks to create a more chilled vibe without sacrificing the musical integrity or toughness of the original works.

Guy J contributes a dramatic edit of his ethereal “Lost & Found” to ease the mix into motion. A punchy slap bass riff surfaces from under Ripperton’s plonky “Des Promesses De Couleurs” signaling the gentle transition into Cattaneo’s and studio partner Soundexile’s edit of Timewriter’s “Motherland”- the first of eight Cattaneo remixes and productions included on the disc. The mix later bears its teeth as the duo’s edit of the crystalline “Indifference” from Barry Jamieson’s Mono Electric Orchestra is enveloped by the shadowy tones of Guy Gerber’s haunting “The Mirror Game”. The summery guitar flourishes of Mercurio’s “California” and then ultimately Henry Saiz- under his Hal Incandenza moniker- close out the mix with the chugging “Ventura”.

Sensuous textures and deep colors saturate the second disc which is a well-rounded representation of Cattaneo’s current club sound. Guy Gerber makes a second appearance on the compilation in the form of his fluttering, hopeful remix with DJ Tennis of Layo & Bushwacka’s “Dancing in the Dark” featuring the whispered vocals of Cevin Fisher. Cattaneo exhibits great control in gradually raising the tension in the first half of the disc before cutting it loose with the booming bassline of “Citycism”, yet another tasty exclusive from himself and Soundexile.

The Microtrauma duo contribute a chimey, spellbinding remix of a Umit Han track before offerings from Guy Mantzur and Kieran J lead the mix into darker territory. One of this year’s most menacing basslines rears its head in the form of Guy J’s unstoppable rework of Cattaneo & Soundexile’s “Japanese Snowbell”. Fran Von Vie’s brooding “Wake Me up When Everything Has Changed” and finally Max Cooper’s Holden-esque remix of Agoria’s “Panta Rei” close out this exhilarating progressive masterclass.

With wide-ranging productions and deft mixing, this Masters Series is Cattaneo at his creative peak.

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

Ok My cds still haven't arrived, might have something to do with my local post office moving, but the owner of the local record store has been kind enough to give me a copy and I can replace with mine when it arrives. Another huge Hernan fan . He is playing Residents in his shop. Needless to sayI have been playing it nonstop since I got it. I am so very happy with it.!! It is everything I expected and a hell of a lot more.

My review

We know that everyone has their favourite Hernan Cattaneo album. Mine has always been the latest, mainly because he always seems to to take the music a step further. I would always say he can't possibly do that, but I don't say that anymore. They are all amazing for their time, and they are all true to Hernan's sound, but what he shows us is how many wonderful ways that sound can be expressed . And I'm now pretty sure he hasn't finished with us yet. If you let him he will take you with him .

This latest has probably been the must spiritual and the most emotional for me. From the first track on CD 1 it pulled me in and pulls me in further with every play. As is usual with Hernan's work, the more you listen the more you hear, and there is a lot to hear . All those beautiful crystal clear sounds. The faceted crystalline structure of the artwork is so appropriate. It seems in this day and age we are bombarded with the big sounds which can dull our perception of all those wonderful small sounds . I miss all those small sounds. We all know Hernan plays the big sounds superbly, probably one of the reasons for his diverse fan base, but not to the detriment of all those other amazing sounds. Hernan's immaculate mixing allows you to hear all those different layers of sound. Big and small. Part of his talent is finding the perfect people to provide these incredibly perfect sounds and bringing them all together so the sum is so much greater than the parts. Synergy - from a the Greek - sunergos , working together. And he does it so well !! That is Hernan Cattaneo Magic .

There are certainly some wonderful dance tracks , two of my favourites are Citysism and Nick Varon - Shibuya - Hernan Cattaneo and Soundexile remix, and all tracks are danceable, but this compilation is so very more than a compilation of dance music. it takes from all genres of music, there is even a touch of classical. There are some that touch the soul , like Japanese Snow Bell -day mix - Hernan and Soundexile. Others inspirational like the Masters series edit of Henry Saiz - Ventura.

The introductions on both cds are truly masterful , pun intended. Where on earth did that voiceover on CD 1 come from ? I googled it and came up with some obscure magazine from 2003. Love it !! They mark the journey from the past to the future. They certainly mark these cds as something very special .

My advice is to play in the best quality and on the best possible system and take your time getting to know them well. It is time beautifully spent. Beautiful music, exquisitely executed ! I wouldn't expect any less

And if anyone from Melbourne is reading this Profile Music Greville street Prahran has it in stock. !!

Comment

• trick12
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jul 2007

havent got mine yet either...sux i dont have a local record guy like yours that would be kind enough to do so..

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

I am very lucky. I was determined I wasn't going to listen in poorer quality. Hope you get yours soon. I can tell the wait is worth it.

Comment

• trick12
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jul 2007

got this yesterday, gave cd1 a listen today and im really liking it...i got the feel i was expecting from it and very hernan...i think it will grow more and more on most people that thought it was just ok.

Comment

Working...