X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chanty
    John, John, where art thou!
    • Jun 2004

Rush.

I went to see RUSH the other night and holy shit....what a fantastic show. It was my first time seeing them and I was blown away by Neil Peart's 11min drum solos. Seriously had to pick my jaw up off the floor. They played a lot of classics except Limelight and Working Man which I really wanted to hear, some obscure tracks that I didn't know and new material from Clockwork Angels. Damn, I wish I saw them when they played smaller venues.
    They started the show with this:

Any RUSH fans here? : )
    Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....
  • chanty
    • Jun 2004

Re: Rush.

Another fav....

Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• fabric8
      200mph Club
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by chanty
      I went to see RUSH the other night and holy shit....what a fantastic show. It was my first time seeing them and I was blown away by Neil Peart's 11min drum solos. Seriously had to pick my jaw up off the floor. They played a lot of classics except Limelight and Working Man which I really wanted to hear, some obscure tracks that I didn't know and new material from Clockwork Angels. Damn, I wish I saw them when they played smaller venues.
      They started the show with this:

Any RUSH fans here? : )
      Nice!! These guys are your neighbors and you're only seeing them for the first time ? I saw them at Massey Hall back in the mid 80's while l was on summer vacation (think l was 15 yrs old) and it was an insane show. Neil Peart is one of my favorite drummers of alltime. That was my first trip to Toronto also. Outstanding rock trio, can't believe they haven't been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Comment

• chanty
        • Jun 2004

Yes, I know it's weird that I haven't seen them before. I was into them when I was 13 - 14 and then didn't really listen to them again until the past couple of years.

Comment

• fabric8
          200mph Club
          • Jul 2006

a little Neil Peart:

Comment

• chanty
            • Jun 2004

\m/. So flippin incredible!!!!

Comment

• Kamal
              Administrator
              • May 2002

Neil Peart is a drummer's God. His drum sequences in their "Roll the Bones" album is nothing but legendary. That is hands down my favorite Rush album of all time.
              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
              he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
              Originally posted by ace_dl
              Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
              I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• deimoss
                Fresh Peossy
                • May 2008

Saw them in Oslo in 2007 - a life defining moment, what an incredible concert. Encore was passage to bangkok and slammed right into YYZ. Yes, there were tears.

this seems appropriate: LaFontaine Volkswagen - Rocking Out in the 2013 VW Passat | Rush Fly By Night - Dearborn, MI - YouTube

Comment

• Ace
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Aug 2008

I thought this thread was going to be about cocaine consumption.

Saw Rush a few years back. I don't usually attend rock shows and can't speak on the band's merit as technical musicians, but I enjoyed the music.

Comment

• da hype
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Dec 2009

How a band like Rush is not in the R&R H.O.F. is beyond me.....

Comment

Working...